House Price Crash Forum
Thunderbird 900

Gotchya! Baroness Scotland Is Toast!

Pertinent comments!

What no security checks? She only had complete access to the house of the Attorney General. Bloody hell you need more vetting to do a school run these days.

Gordon, you dozy twit, you could have pre-empted all of this. Now the start of Conference is totally buggered.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha indeed.

And the Husband being a bogus Serbian solicitor and all. Jeepers the very bedroom of our Attorney General has been bugged by the sebs

I have been praying they would find the old trout Tongan and ask her what the story was from her (duffer) POV - my understanding so far was that she entered the Uk in 2004 on a 6 month visitor Leave to Enter stamp (employment prohibited), then she overstayed. I heard something of her marriage but am unsure if she submitted an application for further leave to remain as a spouse.

Hence it intrigued me that if the baroness had seen her passport, she would have seen an expired stamp and realised she was duff as old boots (as we used to say in the immigration enforcement trade).

Now all we need is for UKBA to publish details of her actual passport then, if I am correct, whether the baroness saw it or not is a non-issue of word against word - the real damage would be if we actually believed the baroness DID see it - because then she knowingly employed an overstayer and could be prosecuted for an attempt to pervert the course of justice, lying to an Immigration Officer, malfeisance in public office, harbouring an overstayer etc etc etc, the list is endless.

What I do know is most of my colleagues really hate the government right now, having (amongst other things) had their weekend premium pay slashed recently and losing up to 20% in real terms. Plus a long standing dislike of other matters including the HRA 98, the forced merger with customs and so on.

Hence they will be sure to throw the book at her. Fingers crossed - this could bring down Brown too

She should resign, not for breaking this law, but for making it. It's another piece of neo-fascist Labour legislation calculated to create a climate of mistrust and suspicion receptive to the imposition of Identity Cards. A valid National Insurance number should be all that's required to employ someone. If there's a problem with people using fraudulent NI numbers then issue a PIN to enable them to be authenticated.

She should resign, not for breaking this law, but for making it. It's another piece of neo-fascist Labour legislation calculated to create a climate of mistrust and suspicion receptive to the imposition of Identity Cards. A valid National Insurance number should be all that's required to employ someone. If there's a problem with people using fraudulent NI numbers then issue a PIN to enable them to be authenticated.

Argreed. This is real poetic justice the fascist legislator caught by her own draconian legislation. Resign now!!!

Argreed. This is real poetic justice the fascist legislator caught by her own draconian legislation. Resign now!!!

Surely this only applies to the common people. :rolleyes:

+1

So previously the point was baroness scotland was saying that she saw the passport and checked the documents and they were fine but she had failed to keep a copy and it was for that reason she blew the whistle on herself ( eg at issue was that she had been administratively incompetent).

Of course it now turns out that either

a) She lied becasue she never saw the passport in the first place and therefore did not check the womans permissions to stay and work etc OR

B) She did see the documents and did check but when she realised that she had no valid permission to either be here or work decided not to keep a copy of the evidence.

I originally thought she should go, now that she has tried to defend herself by adding a lie to a lie I suspect a charge of fraud and a prison sentence might be more the order of the day.

The law is the law on this immigration issue, others who have breached the law have lost their livelihoods as a result ( and rightly so)...... baroness scotland shouldn't get off, especially if the police can now prove she has lied and lied and lied about it.

Throw her to the wolves I say... remove the "baroness" bit as she hasn't acted honourably and throw her in prison for a while.

Resignation will be the least of her problems - central London magistrates are under standing orders to imprison perps found guilty of some of the offences I listed, even for first time offenders, to act as a deterrent to the snakeheads and people traffickers who harbour or conceal illegals then lie about it under caution, or in written replies.

We can but hope!

How many more times will BS say she acted in good faith and has no intention of resigning, and how many more times will GB say he fully supports her, before she resigns?

I'd guess about 6 each.

Exactly. The legislation would not be necessary if the Inland Revenue and other government agencies were on the ball.

Silly extra complexity instead of fixing the underlying problem - very New Labour.

Gotchya! Baroness Scotland Is Toast!, Tapui denies showing Baroness her passport

Wasn't it obvious she was toast?

Not biased in any way, are we Thunderbird 900? ;)

So previously the point was baroness scotland was saying that she saw the passport and checked the documents and they were fine but she had failed to keep a copy and it was for that reason she blew the whistle on herself ( eg at issue was that she had been administratively incompetent).

Of course it now turns out that either

a) She lied becasue she never saw the passport in the first place and therefore did not check the womans permissions to stay and work etc OR

B) She did see the documents and did check but when she realised that she had no valid permission to either be here or work decided not to keep a copy of the evidence.

I originally thought she should go, now that she has tried to defend herself by adding a lie to a lie I suspect a charge of fraud and a prison sentence might be more the order of the day.

The law is the law on this immigration issue, others who have breached the law have lost their livelihoods as a result ( and rightly so)...... baroness scotland shouldn't get off, especially if the police can now prove she has lied and lied and lied about it.

Throw her to the wolves I say... remove the "baroness" bit as she hasn't acted honourably and throw her in prison for a while.

It wont be the police looking at this, worst luck for her, but one of my ex-collagues in a central London UKBA prosecution unit (ie an Immigration Officer). Generally speaking there is a much healthier disrespect of the top brass and political leaders in the (heavily unionised but by no means left wing) UKBA, as opposed to the non-unionised and heavily regimented police force, who might be more easily influenced from on high. UKBA will bring the charges before the magistrates with the help of the CPS (the weakest link sadly, as the CPS is the bottom of the food chain on top of which sits Baroness Scotland....).

Poor Gordo.

Yet another problem female in his life :(

Poor Gordo.

Yet another problem female in his life :(

Yes indeed. And Baroness Scotland will find herself being pinned down by large scary lesbians wearing prison-made wooden strap-ons (who she imprisoned under her watch).

Mind you, the media has been droping heavy, but cautious, hints that the good Baroness and the bisexual cleaner (who advertised herself on a hookup website as bisexual looking to meet women and men) may have been involved in a gay affair of some sort, so this might not be a problem for BS

UKBA will bring the charges before the magistrates with the help of the CPS (the weakest link sadly, as the CPS is the bottom of the food chain on top of which sits Baroness Scotland....).

Ah well, it will never ever go to court then.

It's labour, none of them any responsibility or accountability for any of their actions. It's the law.

Yes indeed. And Baroness Scotland will find herself being pinned down by large scary lesbians wearing prison-made wooden strap-ons (who she imprisoned under her watch).

Brings tears to mine eyes.

A splinter group?

Brings tears to mine eyes.

A splinter group?

:lol: Classic reposte. Let's hope they are, and that at long last the Baronness finally learns what her bumhole is really for, several times daily, for the 12 months or so she ends up inside being forced to drink from the furry cup

A+B+C+D...

Not biased in any way, are we Thunderbird 900?

Oh Dear...TROLL ALERT!

Patprimer74 is back spreading his nonsense. This is the idiot who post after post accused me of coming onto this Forum with different names. Talk about hypocrisy.

You should have stayed as Pat the Prat. Much more suitable.

It wont be the police looking at this, worst luck for her, but one of my ex-collagues in a central London UKBA prosecution unit (ie an Immigration Officer). Generally speaking there is a much healthier disrespect of the top brass and political leaders in the (heavily unionised but by no means left wing) UKBA, as opposed to the non-unionised and heavily regimented police force, who might be more easily influenced from on high. UKBA will bring the charges before the magistrates with the help of the CPS (the weakest link sadly, as the CPS is the bottom of the food chain on top of which sits Baroness Scotland....).

I was reading some more on this and it shocked me... the lady in question came to the country on a six month no work visa, at the time baroness scotland employed her she had overstayed her welcome by three years... and yet I fear baroness scotland has a valid defence for not seeing her passport... and that is.. she showed her her wedding certificate which was carried out in a COFE church.... Baroness scotland knew that there is a rider to the current regulaitons that meant that even if she had no official right to remain and work if she was married in a c of e church to a british citizen ( thats still in a little doubt apparently) then she has the right to become a british citizen... apparently this loophole whereby 10,000 of people are basically being allowed to stay as their vicar married them in a c of e church is known about and hasn't been plugged and is being exploited left right and centre.

So it appears that baroness scotland could have seen a document which meant the woman could stay and work even though officially she should never have worked and should have gone three years ago...... of course in the process it has now been reveiled that there is a known process for circumventing the residency and work laws on the basis of the vicars nod so to speak...... I don't know which is more damaging to labours poor credentials of controlling immigration.... after all heres a loophole they all knew about and yet they haven' t plugged it, meanwhile 10,000 are exploiting it.

The real issue here is this so-called Attorney-General of the United Kingdom, a Baroness no less with serious responsibilities for our laws and legal system, excused her behaviour by comparing it to non-payment of the congestion charge! In her mind, driving your car through London and forgetting to pay the £8 or whatever, is totally equivalent to employing an illegal immigrant and all that implies. This is someone supposedly holding the Scales of Justice!!! Thisat is why she should be dismissed immediately, not even given the chance to salvage some dignity by resigning.. she sees no moral difference between those two scenarios therefore she is clearly unfit for office. This is someone whose responsibilities overlap with the DPP and her word can decide whether a case goes to trial or not. How on earth can we trust her judgement in legal matters?? I'm no expert on this snout trougher's career but her CV seriously needs looking into and questions asked about whether she is fit for such high office; otherwise Mr and Mrs Average of the UK is going to assume she got her position for the same reason Baroness Uddin did - because Tony Blair liked appointing peers and other high-ups simply because their racial origin is not white English - ie they hold their positions thanks to racism.

The real issue here is this so-called Attorney-General of the United Kingdom, a Baroness no less with serious responsibilities for our laws and legal system, excused her behaviour by comparing it to non-payment of the congestion charge! In her mind, driving your car through London and forgetting to pay the £8 or whatever, is totally equivalent to employing an illegal immigrant and all that implies. This is someone supposedly holding the Scales of Justice!!! Thisat is why she should be dismissed immediately, not even given the chance to salvage some dignity by resigning.. she sees no moral difference between those two scenarios therefore she is clearly unfit for office. This is someone whose responsibilities overlap with the DPP and her word can decide whether a case goes to trial or not. How on earth can we trust her judgement in legal matters??

You see you start out well, with a good argument...

I'm no expert on this snout trougher's career but her CV seriously needs looking into and questions asked about whether she is fit for such high office; otherwise Mr and Mrs Average of the UK is going to assume she got her position for the same reason Baroness Uddin did - because Tony Blair liked appointing peers and other high-ups simply because their racial origin is not white English - ie they hold their positions thanks to racism.

... and then ruin it with a load of unsubstantiated nonsense about race. Look her up on Wikipedia - she's had a long career in the law and at least 10 years in government. Not bad for a girl who grew up in Walthamstow, and more impressive than many of the other peers in the Lords. Or can't black women be a success?

[don't take this as a defense for her current situation. She should be sacked IMO]

I was reading some more on this and it shocked me... the lady in question came to the country on a six month no work visa, at the time baroness scotland employed her she had overstayed her welcome by three years... and yet I fear baroness scotland has a valid defence for not seeing her passport... and that is.. she showed her her wedding certificate which was carried out in a COFE church.... Baroness scotland knew that there is a rider to the current regulaitons that meant that even if she had no official right to remain and work if she was married in a c of e church to a british citizen ( thats still in a little doubt apparently) then she has the right to become a british citizen... apparently this loophole whereby 10,000 of people are basically being allowed to stay as their vicar married them in a c of e church is known about and hasn't been plugged and is being exploited left right and centre.

So it appears that baroness scotland could have seen a document which meant the woman could stay and work even though officially she should never have worked and should have gone three years ago...... of course in the process it has now been reveiled that there is a known process for circumventing the residency and work laws on the basis of the vicars nod so to speak...... I don't know which is more damaging to labours poor credentials of controlling immigration.... after all heres a loophole they all knew about and yet they haven' t plugged it, meanwhile 10,000 are exploiting it.

Not true for 3 reasons:

1. Baroness Scotland has been claiming to any news channel who will listen that she saw the cleaner's passport, no mention of marriage certs;

2. There is no wedding loophole as you describe - in fact I have participated in raids which busted up Cof E church weddings (accompanied by the rentamob guests). Most fake weddings would take place in registration offices, with 2 rented witnesses, but on occasion more sophisticated attempts to fool us would take place in full white dress/church mode, costing thousands - makes no difference

3. Marriage to a UK cit does not confer any entitlement to British nationality or citizenship. Not even residency in the UK (unless a whole heap of conditions are met, not least that the relationship is genuine and a 2 year probation period has passed - even after that the foreign spouse has to spend several further years living here before being eligible for British nationality. And marriage confers no right to work here - until the 2 year probationary period is granted at the Home Office or at a Uk embassy overseas.

BS is stuffed.

A+B+C+D...

Not biased in any way, are we Thunderbird 900?

Oh Dear...TROLL ALERT!

Patprimer74 is back spreading his nonsense. This is the idiot who post after post accused me of coming onto this Forum with different names. Talk about hypocrisy.

You should have stayed as Pat the Prat. Much more suitable.

Sorry, Thunderbird, but no-one's allowed me in on this 'Pat' joke. Is it something I should know about or is it a private joke between you old timers?

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm not the only poster you've accused of being Pat the Prat - whoever she is - then I'd be feeling quite harassed!

I thought that Trolls were posters who laid low for months on end, then rushed out to frighten the children, then disappeared under the bridge again! Now, who does that remind you of, folks?

Do they also try and draw attention away from themselves by accusing others of being trolls? Perhaps they do, Thunderbird?

I thought the noble baroness had refused to say which documents she had seen. She has not said she saw the passport because if she had she would have known instantly that her cleaner was in the country illegally. We all know what really happened - Baroness Scotland didn't check any documents other than to ask for an NI number. I think this is all that should be required in this circumstance because the authorities should not be handing out NI numbers to people who are illegally in the country. However, that's an entirely different matter. Baroness Scotland introduced a draconian law which punishes ordinary citizens for the government's own incompetence and wilful negligence. She then knowingly ignored her very own law. Her position is totally untenable.