House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingBingo

Is The Age Of Consent Correct In This Country?

Age of consent for my daughter is 35.

Same with my little sister, but that's different obviously.

Shame she is in her mid 20's and doesn't give a rats ass what I think.

Personally it's the people who are much older homing into young teenagers that I don't much like.

Someone already said that people this age are impressionable, I agree with this, they are still developing and finding their way and when Billy-Big-******** rocks up with his few hundred quid and stories of his mature derring do then I think this is a form of taking advantage.

I have heard people say "Well she was 14 and he was 26 but they found love in the end with each other" Fair enough but what else would she have known?

Girls (and boys) of that age are impressed by battered Vauxhall Novas with bean tin exhausts and Ndubz for Christs sake so strutting in to that social environment and playing the big man strikes me as frankly a rather lazy and slightly tacky choice of relationship.

Controversial maybe but thats my tuppence worth.

At the risk of having the baying hounds set on me, I can't see why you need an arbitary age. A guideline age, yes, but as long as consent is given then for most people of pubescent age I just see the whole thing as a grey area.

Two mature 15 year olds having a consenting, sexual relationship, a crime does not make.

To my mind, its very simple. The issue is an equal balance of rights and responsibilities. Parents are responsible for their children till theyre 18. I cant see too many under 18 year olds, much less under 16 year olds being 100% responsible for there actions that may result in babies. Holding a job to pay for the kids, finishing their education and all the rest. I highly doubt it. 16 is an OK age, with any benefits held back until the parents are over 18 (ie the current situation).

16 feels about right to me

i know i (at 25) would feel uncomfortable with any girl under 16.

tho when i was younger, say, 20, i wouldnt have turned an eager, well developed young lady away.

i think the key is development really. if she looks like an attractive girl (breasts, thighs, ass) then why not? its nature's laws over society's laws isnt it?

At the risk of having the baying hounds set on me, I can't see why you need an arbitary age. A guideline age, yes, but as long as consent is given then for most people of pubescent age I just see the whole thing as a grey area.

Two mature 15 year olds having a consenting, sexual relationship, a crime does not make.

But you then get into problems associated with the fact that everyone has a right to know what the law is. You can't just have a "guideline" age as then you will end up prosecuting the wrong people. The law will be brought into disrepute because sooner or later you will prosecute two people who clearly don't deserve it. There are those who probably don't deserve it now but as long as there is a statutory age limit on force it can't ever be said that they didn't know they were breaking the law.

But you then get into problems associated with the fact that everyone has a right to know what the law is. You can't just have a "guideline" age as then you will end up prosecuting the wrong people. The law will be brought into disrepute because sooner or later you will prosecute two people who clearly don't deserve it. There are those who probably don't deserve it now but as long as there is a statutory age limit on force it can't ever be said that they didn't know they were breaking the law.

And this is the problem with applying black and white laws to areas which are clearly, in most* peoples minds, grey areas. I actually responded to the poll after I wrote the reply and went for the 'no age but law should look for abuse' option as I think this a fairer way of dealing with the issue.

I know in practice it would probably be completely unworkable and unenforceable but then as far as I can see some of the decisions with the law as it is are equally silly.

Apologies if I'm not explaining myself very well, its been a long week and I'm running out of steam!

* Well, me, anyway.

Nawh!

Really go for it!

Abolish any legislation about "Consent": allow whosoever to screw whomsoever they want!

Provided it's a "Healthy" urge, then so what?

Controlling your urges is bad for you, after all.

Don't bother with education!

Waste of taxes.

Send the little bastards out to work in the mills at 10.

And work until they drop dead.

And also abolish any form of social benefit for those stoopid enough to become pregnant.

Let their bloody parents pick up the tab!

Can't afford it?

So let 'em bloody starve.

Can't afford a house? So live in a damned tent!

Or build your own out of scraps of plastic, old cardboard boxes and rusting galvanised iron sheets.

And perhaps we can sack all the government and invite the rulers of Bangladesh to instruct us in survival.

:rolleyes:

Guest P-Diddly
Nawh!

Really go for it!

Abolish any legislation about "Consent": allow whosoever to screw whomsoever they want!

Provided it's a "Healthy" urge, then so what?

Controlling your urges is bad for you, after all.

Don't bother with education!

Waste of taxes.

Send the little bastards out to work in the mills at 10.

And work until they drop dead.

And also abolish any form of social benefit for those stoopid enough to become pregnant.

Let their bloody parents pick up the tab!

Can't afford it?

So let 'em bloody starve.

Can't afford a house? So live in a damned tent!

Or build your own out of scraps of plastic, old cardboard boxes and rusting galvanised iron sheets.

And perhaps we can sack all the government and invite the rulers of Bangladesh to instruct us in survival.

:rolleyes:

That's not very nice. :(

16 feels about right to me

i know i (at 25) would feel uncomfortable with any girl under 16.

tho when i was younger, say, 20, i wouldnt have turned an eager, well developed young lady away.

i think the key is development really. if she looks like an attractive girl (breasts, thighs, ass) then why not? its nature's laws over society's laws isnt it?

Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed as the saying goes ?

Guest X-QUORK
That's not very nice. :(

Prescience is a far-right Christian so I expect his post was tongue in cheek.

Who's the sick puppy who thinks it's ok for a 23 year old to screw a 13 year old? :blink:

I'm surprised by the sizeable number who think that it should be raised to 18, the law seems to be fairly universally ignored as it is now.

Would criminalising even more young people really help?

That said I personally waited until 18. Not so much by choice.

Who's the sick puppy who thinks it's ok for a 24 year old to screw a 14 year old?

I remember being very shocked by a female friend who held this view. She had a 25ish boyfriend at 14 who stayed at her place overnight with her parents full knowledge.

She was German, and I appreciate we are a lot more prudish in this country, but she is quite forceful that she knew what she was doing and it did her no harm at all. I couldn't feel right telling her she was wrong.

In fact, most of the people I know in favour of lowering the age of consent are women my age who had relationships with blokes in their 20's when they themselves were in their teens.

Whilst that does sounds pretty rank - as far as nature is concerned it is spot on.

I remember being very shocked by a female friend who held this view. She had a 25ish boyfriend at 14 who stayed at her place overnight with her parents full knowledge.

I find that pretty repugnant, in what context does a 25 year old find himself in the company of 14 year olds? Am I just being naive here but where the f*ck does a 25 year old pick up someone that age?

If my daughter at that age turned up on my doorstep with that guy in tow he would be sent away wearing his *rse as a hat.

Guest X-QUORK
If my daughter at that age turned up on my doorstep with that guy in tow he would be sent away wearing his *rse as a hat.

Beth ditto. Followed by a call to the local constabulary.

I find that pretty repugnant, in what context does a 25 year old find himself in the company of 14 year olds? Am I just being naive here but where the f*ck does a 25 year old pick up someone that age?

Exactly, predatory males for the main part I expect. There would have to be a conscious decision on behalf of the male to target an underage girl. Wrong on so many different levels.

Prescience is a far-right Christian so I expect his post was tongue in cheek.

Who's the sick puppy who thinks it's ok for a 23 year old to screw a 13 year old? :blink:

Above everything else I am X, it's a pragmatist and realist.

One hopes society improved from the mid-1850s when we did indeed send little kids down mines and force them to work 12 hours a day in front of dangerous and unfenced machinery in mills.

Social mores and customs tend to be developed from experience and success.

Unfortunately, starting with the 1960s, a social revolution commenced wherein increasing numbers of people wish to tear up the rule books and do their own thing.

Which is fine: until everyone does the same.

And the result is called anarchy: which, increasingly, we experience on our roads, on the streets and in town centres up and down the land on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Just because girl children are fertile at 11+ doesn't make them ideal mothers: anymore than fertile 12+ year old boys make ideal fathers.

In this case biology tends to collide with society.

One of the dire problems British and US society face IMHO is turning kids of less than 5 into marketing targets: and 9-10 year old girls into fashion models.

Kids at school are meant to be thinking mainly of learning: not fashion, pop music, celebrity and sex.

No wonder the divorce rate is so high: no wonder mental health problems are a serious epidemic: no wonder drugs abuse and alcoholism is such an increasing social problem: and no wonder STDs are really worrying health professionals!

The spread of Syphillis has now reached the point where repeat cases fail to respond to all the commonly used anti-biotics: and even cocktails of same.

Even in the middle of War War Two, when promiscuity became rife, Syphillis was not the problem of today: Gonorrhea (Populary called then "Housewive's Clap) was a problem, but more easily contained.

http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=5284

And it's the same here.

In Bangladesh and elsewhere similar, kids can be married off very young.

Is this what British society really wants?

Old enough to screw: old enough to take responsibility for your own actions and the potential downside costs and start providing for yourself then!

Why should society be constantly expected to pick up the tab for others too stupid to listen and too stupid to learn?

In fact, most of the people I know in favour of lowering the age of consent are women my age who had relationships with blokes in their 20's when they themselves were in their teens.

out of interest how many people have you had this discussion with?

this is your third thread within the last few days about the age of consent / under age sex; no offence but imo you are in danger of coming across as a bit preoccupied with this topic.

She was German, and I appreciate we are a lot more prudish in this country, but she is quite forceful that she knew what she was doing and it did her no harm at all. I couldn't feel right telling her she was wrong.

What that proves is beyond me tbh; her saying she was happy with a sexual relationship with a guy in his mid twenties when she was 14 is not really any basis for creating legislation imo, anymore than a uber repressed person who waited until they were in their mid thirties before having sex.

I think any 25 year old wanting to have sex with a 14 year old girl has some very real and quite profound issues to deal with especially those who actually act on what I think are pretty perverse desires.

I'm sure this question has been asked before but would you really be happy with your 14 year old daughter having sex with a guy in his mid twenties? Not sure you need to be a 'prudish' english person to have problems with that.

It's a difficult area to legislate against but I'm not sure making it any easier for older men / women to have sexual relationships with under age kids (as it now stands) benefits anyone in particular, except maybe those who desire children sexually.

My wife tells me she had her first period when she was 11, I'm not sure it's a good yardstick for sexual activity tbh.

Well in this particular case she lived in a small villiage, Hamlet from the Pipe Piper tale indeed. Everyone knows everyone. So her parents would have know this lad from a boy, his parents, grandparents etc.

Indeed most northern Europeans I have know have made even me, who is probably fairly liberal on this, look like a reactionary prude. Males and females, especially females actually.

But then again most of northern Europe is very different to here, I've spend some in German and you simply could not start a fight if you wanted to, unless it is an area full of Turkish immigrants or British Squadies, both of which behave like animals most of the time.

They simply have a mush more respectful attitude to one another, the attitude in this country is one of universal disrespect and impatience with our fellow citizens. So Kingding, I can really blame you for your thinking, nor my Europeans friends for theirs, Given the culture you respectively live in.