House Price Crash Forum

Greenland, Antarctic Ice Melt Worsening

1929crash

HOLA441
WASHINGTON – New satellite information shows that ice sheets in Greenland and western Antarctica continue to shrink faster than scientists thought and in some places are already in runaway melt mode.

British scientists for the first time calculated changes in the height of the vulnerable but massive ice sheets and found them especially worse at their edges. That's where warmer water eats away from below. In some parts of Antarctica, ice sheets have been losing 30 feet a year in thickness since 2003, according to a paper published online Thursday in the journal Nature.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090923/ap_on_...mFzYWRhdGFncmVl

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Sandbanks glug glug.

Serious stuff, however Peak Oil will push energy prices up and hugely reduce consumption and CO2 output without any need for political interference.

It may already be too late. It seems we are experiencing some kind of runaway effect with land based ice sheets. :o

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Sigh, not this utter ******** again.

Look at the raw data - Antarctic sea ice is above average. Arctic sea ice has grown 10% the last two years.

These ridiculous scare stories are easily exposed by looking at the raw data. Go and do it.

Data always beats theories.

Yes, data does always beat theories, and the data shows a long term trend to less sea ice. A little bit more one year doesn't constitute a long term trend.

In any event the article linked to is about land ice cover, not sea ice. The effect of warming seawater is to lubricate land glaciers which if poured into the ocean will raise sea levels.

HOLA4415

Arctic sea ice expanding rapidly:

AMSRE_Sea_Ice_Extent.png

Antarctic sea ice at record highs:

JUNE22ANTARCTIC.jpg

Now we have to ask why are these global warming liars lying to us? Is it because they are desperate for their policies to be enacted regardless of what the real world is doing. It is despicable the way they are trashing science for political ends.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Oh btw crash 1929 I got the answer to the autopilot thing off a pilot who posts on here, I posted it on the 9/11 thread you seem to have dodged it................cant think why?

Haven't looked at the 9/11 thread for a while. I'm not unemployed like you.

HOLA4418
Yes, data does always beat theories, and the data shows a long term trend to less sea ice. A little bit more one year doesn't constitute a long term trend.

In any event the article linked to is about land ice cover, not sea ice. The effect of warming seawater is to lubricate land glaciers which if poured into the ocean will raise sea levels.

:lol::lol::lol:

There is absolutely no trend to less sea ice. There is a slight positive trend, but one which is within natural variabilitity.

HOLA4419
Having mistakenly spent the 'summer' months in the UK, I wonder if one of the 'experts', such as the OP could indicate when Global Warming will trigger a summer that is hot and sunny and I will duly book my next break back in the UK accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah they desperately back peddeled and re-branded it "climate change" after every one went 'but its not any hotter you lying kunts'

All this shlt is so they can flog the idea to morons, think of a new tax, paint it green, and sell it to said morons.

There are moves afoot to re-re-brand it - "the weather is the same and the planet is the same but just give us more tax anyway yer b@stards"

HOLA4420
:lol::lol::lol:

There is absolutely no trend to less sea ice. There is a slight positive trend, but one which is within natural variabilitity.

You don't even understand your own graphs. They merely show a high in January, and a low in September, with an increase again in winter. :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Seems rather poor to commence personal attacks after losing an argument on matters of substance?

The personal attacks have nothing to do with this thread.

In any event, in what way have I lost the argument? Are you saying that the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are not melting? :blink:

Archived