Johnny Cash

HOLA441
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Just reading the thread about Brighton and the upcoming scum conference there.

As an ex pat, I would like to do my bit to vote the labour scum out of office, come the general election.

How do I do it though? Im not on any UK electoral roll as I live in another European country.

In my experience most ex-pats vote for some barking, right-wing fringe party whilst foaming at the mouth.

HOLA445
In my experience most ex-pats vote for some barking, right-wing fringe party whilst foaming at the mouth.

Well, it seems I have to vote in the constituency where I was registered before I left Britain. Assuming that the BNP are fielding a candidate in this constituency, they'll get my vote. If not, I guess Ill just vote Conservative.

No barking, right-wing fringe party, Im afraid and, last time I checked, no F'ing a the M either.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Just reading the thread about Brighton and the upcoming scum conference there.

As an ex pat, I would like to do my bit to vote the labour scum out of office, come the general election.

How do I do it though? Im not on any UK electoral roll as I live in another European country.

Dunno, but other half is from Sweden and she has no probs voting in Swedish elections.

HOLA448
Isn't the question really, "why do ex-pats have a vote?", it's feck all to do with them, they should be worrying about the country they live in.

Quite.

No representation without taxation as the Americans didn't say.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
erm, you have already voted with your feet, there is no better way imo. well done :rolleyes:

Exactly. Once you've sold the house you don't get to decide the colour of the living room wallpaper.

HOLA4412
Isn't the question really, "why do ex-pats have a vote?", it's feck all to do with them, they should be worrying about the country they live in.

A good point, well made.

However, just because one is an ex pat, one may have interests, business interests for example, in Britain and might like to exercise their right to vote in order to have a say in who makes the policy that might have an effect on those aforesaid business interests.

Fact is though that they do and Ill be using mine against the labour scum asap.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Much as I dislike New Labour, my advice to ex-pats simply has to be the same as Brian Clough's advice to Kevin Keegan when he criticised Jim Callaghan from his exile in Spain:

"If you don't f**king live here then you've got no f**king right to comment, so f**k off and mind your own business."

Amen Cloughie.

Just goes to show that you have as little an understanding of the issues as "Cloughie".

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Much as I dislike New Labour, my advice to ex-pats simply has to be the same as Brian Clough's advice to Kevin Keegan when he criticised Jim Callaghan from his exile in Spain:

"If you don't f**king live here then you've got no f**king right to comment, so f**k off and mind your own business."

Amen Cloughie.

Then Brian Clough is a f***in moron. Of course you have a right to comment. You are still British even though you may not live here. As a British citizen you are still liable to a charge of treason if you were to aid the enemies of Her Majesties government and are still liable some British Law if you commit crime abroad. You may also be liable to pay tax here on income earned. Therefore, you have a right to comment. To say otherwise is to say that anyone who finds it necassary to seek work abroad (because the Labour government has F***ED up the economy) is no longer worthy of comment is bordering on treason in its self!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Amen Cloughie.

Well said i have only voted once in my life when i lived in the uk nearly 20 years ago

I do not live there as my life is here in France and it is whats going on here in France that is my personal concern not Uk politics

It would be like asking a Frenchman who hasn't lived in France for a long-time who would he vote for

UMP

PS

Modem

Vert

FN

PCF

LCR

etc etc

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Well said i have only voted once in my life when i lived in the uk nearly 20 years ago

I do not live there as my life is here in France and it is whats going on here in France that is my personal concern not Uk politics

It would be like asking a Frenchman who hasn't lived in France for a long-time who would he vote for

UMP

PS

Modem

Vert

FN

PCF

LCR

etc etc

This is rather like a rich person setting out to prove that they can live on next to nowt knowing that if it all goes t1ts-up they can go back to their millions. Put your balls where your mouth is and renounce British Citizenship and then you'll have the moral authority to comment.

HOLA4421
Then Brian Clough is a f***in moron. Of course you have a right to comment. You are still British even though you may not live here. As a British citizen you are still liable to a charge of treason if you were to aid the enemies of Her Majesties government and are still liable some British Law if you commit crime abroad. You may also be liable to pay tax here on income earned. Therefore, you have a right to comment. To say otherwise is to say that anyone who finds it necassary to seek work abroad (because the Labour government has F***ED up the economy) is no longer worthy of comment is bordering on treason in its self!

The crime of treason was taken off the statute books by Blair, so you're OK on that score.

HOLA4422

You've caught too much sun. There's only one Monarch at a time...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived