House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KingCharles1st

And Another Labour Mp Resigns!

Presumably burnishing his credentials ('Don't blame me - I resigned') for senior office in the PLP after the election, and/or to boost his chances of re-election at all, if he's in an even remotely marginal seat.

Guest KingCharles1st
Presumably burnishing his credentials ('Don't blame me - I resigned') for senior office in the PLP after the election, and/or to boost his chances of re-election at all, if he's in an even remotely marginal seat.

Maybe we will get a "Resigned Labour MP"/Lib Dem alliance?

Guest P-Diddly
Probably knackered his chances of being en-nobled.

p-o-p

Sir Gordon?

Lord Brown?

Baron Brown?

Barren Brown?

Baroness Brown (but only on a Saturday night?)

From the Minister's resignation letter;

Finally, on the economy, the Government is to be congratulated upon its clear-sighted and effective response to the downturn. You have my continued support in your resistance to David Cameron’s myopic and siren calls for an “Age of Austerityâ€. My constituents benefit greatly from using our much-improved public services and they would not wish to see these jeopardised nor have our continued economic recovery put in doubt.

Stephen Hesford, MP for Wirral West

resigned from what - being an aide. Big deal. It means nowt. He's not stepping down as an MP or risking his pension. He's not even risking the wrath of Gordon - he's making a 'principled' stand with a view to being relected, nothing more or less.

That's the posh part of Liverpool, innit? So is that a safe Tory seat for next year?

It is the posher parts of Birkenhead (Frank Field has the rough bits) and some council and new build estates.

Hesford himself is not highly regarded but has been around long enough to get a government job as a try-out. Jumped before he was pushed is the likeliest reason.

Something of a non-story really. Move along.

It is the posher parts of Birkenhead (Frank Field has the rough bits) and some council and new build estates.

Hesford himself is not highly regarded but has been around long enough to get a government job as a try-out. Jumped before he was pushed is the likeliest reason.

Something of a non-story really. Move along.

Not very generous of you. There must be some good people left in the Labour Party.

What a strange, ****-licky resignation letter.

Dear Gordon Brown

It is with considerable personal regret that I find myself writing to inform

you of my decision to resign my positions as PPS to several ministers,

principally the Solicitor General.

My decision comes about because as an aide to the Law Officers, whilst I

have great personal regard for the Attorney General, I cannot support the

decision which allows her to remain in office.

In my view the facts of the case do not matter. It is the principle which counts,

particularly at a time when the publics’ trust of Whitehall is uncertain to say

the least.We have to be seen to be accountable.In addition, could I just mention

matters of policy where I believe leadership is vital.

On the constitution: We must legislate to offer a referendum on how we elect

Members of the House of Commons. We must finish off reform of the House

of Lords. Generally, I would urge you to move as quickly as possible to

withdraw from Afghanistan and to signal a change in our position over Trident

replacement.Finally, on the economy, the Government is to be congratulated

upon its clear-sighted and effective response to the downturn. You have my

continued support in your resistance to David Cameron’s myopic and siren

calls for an “Age of Austerityâ€. My constituents benefit greatly from using our

much-improved public services and they would not wish to see these jeopardised

nor have our continued economic recovery put in doubt.

With best wishes

Yours sincerely

Stephen Hesford MP

errr matey - You're resigning! Your views no longer count. clear your desk and ****** off.

It's a funny profession where you can resign bits of your job but still keep your main position and remuneration. :)
this is why they never resign as an MP - because they voted themselves another long period on the gravy train even after they've been unseated.

"MPs who lose their seat or stand down receive between six and 12 months’ salary, equivalent to £32,383 to £64,766, depending on their age and length of service. They can also claim a maximum of £40,799 for “winding-up costs†to terminate office leases and pay off staff, including spouses who worked for them. Ministers get three months’ salary in addition when they leave the Government.

This comes on top of the generous final-salary pension scheme for MPs. A member with 20 years’ service can retire with an income of £30,000 a year, according to Hargreaves Lansdown, the financial adviser. "

Guest P-Diddly
What a strange, ****-licky resignation letter.

errr matey - You're resigning! Your views no longer count. clear your desk and ****** off.

No, but they tell us the mind set of that government. Who was that other clown that resigned . . . some bloke anyway, in the letter it spoke of the agreement with the PM that the UK needed even more regulation.

Disturbing.