House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Y-QUERK

Mcdonalds Vs Burger King

I eat in a burger joint when I have no realistic alternative. I had none this year, one last year.

I cannot understand why some people like them so much that they go there as a treat.

The texture and taste is just bland, soft, non-existent. I can see why people eat a lot as it is so inherently unsatisfying.

I'm not being snobbish: I like kebabs which are similarly plebeian but have the advantage of being decent food, though still obesity-inducing. I liked doners but the reality of what was in the meat moved me onto shish & chicken.

Guest P-Diddly
BK seems to be cheaper... £1.99 for a burger, chips and coke last time i went. I had two they were so cheap. Its not gourmet food admittedly, but cheaper and probably safer than the nearest kebab house.

Now there is a healthier option at a kebab house. Get Stavros to make a pitta bread salad and add about 4-6 strips of kebab in there.

Better taste. Much less fat. Lots of fibre.

As a regular user of Burger King's meat-scented cologne for men, and the 'face' of BK, I have to deny any obesity problem caused by their burgers.

One sniff of BK's Flame, and the women come a-flockin' round!.

Dunno about kebabs, haven't eaten one for 5 years ever since a mate unloaded one into my sink after a particularly heavy session then buggered off without cleaning it up. Still wouldn't have one though something not right about the ones in my local kebabbery.

I'd rather pan fry my own nads than eat a Mc'D's though, hate everything about them from their grubby corporate dealings to their polystyrene burgers and chav magnet lego "restaraunts".

Guest P-Diddly
Dunno about kebabs, haven't eaten one for 5 years ever since a mate unloaded one into my sink after a particularly heavy session then buggered off without cleaning it up. Still wouldn't have one though something not right about the ones in my local kebabbery.

I'd rather pan fry my own nads than eat a Mc'D's though, hate everything about them from their grubby corporate dealings to their polystyrene burgers and chav magnet lego "restaraunts".

:lol::lol::lol:

When sister-in-law #3 comes up here with her massively obese (425 lb, BMI reported log10) 'husband', she often fries chips in a wok to feed this creature.

Don't know if you've ever watched Phoenix Nights . . . .

Until he died a few years back, the eponymous and urbane Alistair Cooke used to regularly broadcast a BBC programme, "Letter from America", to which I used to listen regularly.

I also have a number of his books.

Whilst remaining true blue Brit he had lived in the USA since the late 1930s: and I revere one of his telling comments: "The trouble with Britain is we have imported all the worst things from America: and none of the good!"

How true.

Now a real American burger eaten in a decent diner is 100% ground (Minced) beefsteak. The whole comncept of a burger was the steak could be cooked in a fraction of the time it took to cook the steak. And the bun provided essential gut-filling carbs. The fries came later.

Basically, a real burger is a hot sandwich.

Dunno how many of you have eaten a proper and decent burger in a good roadside diner (look for the big trucks and the compacts; these are reps and these guys know where the best food lives!) in the USA?

Excellent! And the sauces! Choice of hot chilli all the way through in an array of bain maries, usually.

Now such as Wendy's, BK and Micky D's were described in a Harvard BSchool final years by the top students when tasked to define them as "Up Market Greasy Spoons"!

Let's face it their burgers are indeed 100% beef: hair, foot, tail, dick, guts etc.

Luvverly!

I read an analysis of US fattening yards (This is where the steers are left to fatten up on growth hormones (Banned in Europe) corn and water before slaughter: nice.) the process before they are herded into automated abbatoirs and turned into burgers etc.

Apparently, one cheap burger can contain the meat from up to 10,000 steers: plus straw, faeces and urine!

Enjoy!

:blink:

When sister-in-law #3 comes up here with her massively obese (425 lb, BMI reported log10) 'husband', she often fries chips in a wok to feed this creature.

Dear God. :o

It's the ones who make excuses for being a blimp while shoving burgers into their gobs like logs into a sawmill that get me.

"It's not my fault I retain water you know!!"

No you retain chips.

I eat in a burger joint when I have no realistic alternative. I had none this year, one last year.

I cannot understand why some people like them so much that they go there as a treat.

The texture and taste is just bland, soft, non-existent. I can see why people eat a lot as it is so inherently unsatisfying.

I'm not being snobbish: I like kebabs which are similarly plebeian but have the advantage of being decent food, though still obesity-inducing. I liked doners but the reality of what was in the meat moved me onto shish & chicken.

We cannot survive on unprocessed food. Commonly this involves cooking it, but there are other forms of predigestion which are also used. Our digestive systems are not up to the job of raw, unprocessed food as an entire diet, so processed food is appealling to our bodies as it is easier to break down and in particular to those bodies that require large amounts of energy and nutrients (e.g. teenagers).

I remember the pissed horse, and the racist folk band!

Guest P-Diddly
Until he died a few years back, the eponymous and urbane Alistair Cooke used to regularly broadcast a BBC programme, "Letter from America", to which I used to listen regularly.

I also have a number of his books.

Whilst remaining true blue Brit he had lived in the USA since the late 1930s: and I revere one of his telling comments: "The trouble with Britain is we have imported all the worst things from America: and none of the good!"

How true.

Now a real American burger eaten in a decent diner is 100% ground (Minced) beefsteak. The whole comncept of a burger was the steak could be cooked in a fraction of the time it took to cook the steak. And the bun provided essential gut-filling carbs. The fries came later.

Basically, a real burger is a hot sandwich.

Dunno how many of you have eaten a proper and decent burger in a good roadside diner (look for the big trucks and the compacts; these are reps and these guys know where the best food lives!) in the USA?

Excellent! And the sauces! Choice of hot chilli all the way through in an array of bain maries, usually.

Now such as Wendy's, BK and Micky D's were described in a Harvard BSchool final years by the top students when tasked to define them as "Up Market Greasy Spoons"!

Let's face it their burgers are indeed 100% beef: hair, foot, tail, dick, guts etc.

Luvverly!

I read an analysis of US fattening yards (This is where the steers are left to fatten up on growth hormones (Banned in Europe) corn and water before slaughter: nice.) the process before they are herded into automated abbatoirs and turned into burgers etc.

Apparently, one cheap burger can contain the meat from up to 10,000 steers: plus straw, faeces and urine!

Enjoy!

:blink:

Best burger is the Aberdeen Angus burger . . . no not Burger King! There's a pub on Loch Lomand I used to go to now and again, forget the name now. Awesome thing.

Guest P-Diddly
I remember the pissed horse, and the racist folk band!

Keith Lard was the best.

When Den Perry introduced lard's presentation on fire safety. :lol:

We cannot survive on unprocessed food. Commonly this involves cooking it, but there are other forms of predigestion which are also used. Our digestive systems are not up to the job of raw, unprocessed food as an entire diet, so processed food is appealling to our bodies as it is easier to break down and in particular to those bodies that require large amounts of energy and nutrients (e.g. teenagers).

Surely we can as for millions of years cooking food was not an option. I agree that it is much easier to digest and so uses less calories if it is processed.

What do you mean by "other forms of predigestion" - sounds worrying.

Keith Lard was the best.

When Den Perry introduced lard's presentation on fire safety. :lol:

Peter Kay paid a lot of money to settle a libel case for that. The bloke who sued was so similar to Keith Lard it did look like PK was settling a grudge.

I will hunt down a link.

Here we go:

It appeared that a Bolton-based fire-safety officer, Keith Laird, shared not only a similar name to the fictional character, but attributes including a bushy moustache, the same luminous yellow safety jacket and the catchphrase: "It's not fire that kills - it's ignorance." Following the broadcast of the programme, Mr Laird was apparently teased by colleagues and nicknamed "Woof Woof", a reference to the fictional fire officer's fetish for dogs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime...lly-693683.html

Like the Chinese stowaways Ant & Dec?

Best burger is the Aberdeen Angus burger . . . no not Burger King! There's a pub on Loch Lomand I used to go to now and again, forget the name now. Awesome thing.

Around London Ed's Diner is worth a visit.

Guest P-Diddly
Surely we can as for millions of years cooking food was not an option. I agree that it is much easier to digest and so uses less calories if it is processed.

What do you mean by "other forms of predigestion" - sounds worrying.

Peter Kay paid a lot of money to settle a libel case for that. The bloke who sued was so similar to Keith Lard it did look like PK was settling a grudge.

I will hunt down a link.

Here we go:

It appeared that a Bolton-based fire-safety officer, Keith Laird, shared not only a similar name to the fictional character, but attributes including a bushy moustache, the same luminous yellow safety jacket and the catchphrase: "It's not fire that kills - it's ignorance." Following the broadcast of the programme, Mr Laird was apparently teased by colleagues and nicknamed "Woof Woof", a reference to the fictional fire officer's fetish for dogs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime...lly-693683.html

'he's drawin' a dog'. . . .'the dirty bast@rd!'

I was a Wimpey man myself personally - their simple cheeseburgers used to be fab... toasted bun is the secret plus a god quality cheese... a distinctive relish.

They don't make them like that anymore but there is a service station on the M4 just north of Tewkesbury which has a Wimpey and it does a fairish quarter-pounder. Still not as good as the Wimpey burgers from the 1970s IMPO.

I quite like Johnny Rockets in the US but it is a tad far to go for a burger of an evening.