House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest X-QUORK

Being Married And Happy

Guest X-QUORK

Just to redress the balance in the Off-Topic forum, I don't hate women and I'm happily married to one.

Just to redress the balance in the Off-Topic forum, I don't hate women and I'm happily married to one.

Good moring Mr.Q.

Nice for a bit of balance. Are we all such miserable misogynists here?

Most of my male friends are very happily married, mostly to women I was daft enought to turn down. :blink:

I'd go a bit further than that. Not only do I not hate women, I love them. I don't like having anything to do with men unless I have to (work for example).

Guest X-QUORK
Nice for a bit of balance. Are we all such miserable misogynists here?

I'd say that there's been a strongly misogynist streak running through the forum for the last few weeks, so yes...there are a fair few miserable misogynists.

Same here.

Makes a change herein to share some relative sanity and normality.

Guest X-QUORK
Just to clarify, I am not married to Beth Ditto, I have an aversion to colossal rednecks with their own orbit.

Made I chuckle that did.

Also happily married, and I should hope so as I have only been married since June. Women can certainly be strange at times, but then so can men. I dont see the point in whining about them all the time. Just cos some married a wrongun, or helped them turn into a wrongun, doesn't mean they are all wronguns.

I'd say that there's been a strongly misogynist streak running through the forum for the last few weeks, so yes...there are a fair few miserable misogynists.

I think there's been a strong gay thread too. What does it all mean?

Just what did these women do? They sound fearsome! ;)

I don't hate women either and am marrying one soon.

infact, I love her massively. Especially when she brings her other female friend round too! ;)

Guest P-Diddly

Well I just watched the wife walk round to her boyfriends family's place with daughter to great cheers of welcome. I was passing on the moped at the time.

To be honest I'm pretty much destroyed now and ready to call it all a day. 15 years of hard labour and for what? I'm not starting again.

I have no problem with anyone who is married. It is just not for me. I can understand why some would like it. However when someone tells me they are married I do not turn to them and say:

"You will change one day"

"Ah poor wee soul"

"You can't really be happy?!"

If I did - that would be pretty rude. However when I tell people I am single and happy ? That is exactly the response I get, and not just from a few, from quite a lot.

You married people (Not all of you of course) need to learn manners in respect to the situation of others.

That is all. Comprende. :)

Guest AuntJess
Well I just watched the wife walk round to her boyfriends family's place with daughter to great cheers of welcome. I was passing on the moped at the time.

To be honest I'm pretty much destroyed now and ready to call it all a day. 15 years of hard labour and for what? I'm not starting again.

:( Sorry to hear that P -Diddly. Life isnt' always fun ..or fair. I had a lovely husband who half my friends envied me. They don't envy me now. He has had one serious illness after another and is fast turning into a vegetable.I - in turn - have been driven to my wit's end in caring for him.

Life has its ups and downs. Right now you and me 'is down ', but I do have hopes of emerging from this vale of sorrow...eventually. Like 'Annie' I believe that:

"The sun'll come out tomorrow, so ya gotta hang on till tomorrow......"

I have no problem with anyone who is married. It is just not for me. I can understand why some would like it. However when someone tells me they are married I do not turn to them and say:

"You will change one day"

"Ah poor wee soul"

"You can't really be happy?!"

If I did - that would be pretty rude. However when I tell people I am single and happy ? That is exactly the response I get, and not just from a few, from quite a lot.

You married people (Not all of you of course) need to learn manners in respect to the situation of others.

That is all. Comprende. :)

Ah now, nicely meaning people are always trying to fob me off with their "un-occupied" sisters.

Well, if her last three husbands were not good enough, then I doubt I could measure up... ;)

Me too. Still love 'em though. With or without them eh? The best years of your life, health and wealth wise, all gone, and as you say, for what? To those who are posting that they are happily married, I would just say, never EVER let it slip away.

Guest X-QUORK

I understand the frustration of being single and feeling socially presssured to hook up, it's not something I agree with either...each to their own I say. Having been divorced I also understand the cynicism that one has towards marriage as an institution, especially in the aftermath of the failure of a relationship.

I didn't start this thread to have a go at single guys or girls, just to redress what I feel has been a period of fairly bitter vitriol aimed at women in general.

Guest P-Diddly
:( Sorry to hear that P -Diddly. Life isnt' always fun ..or fair. I had a lovely husband who half my friends envied me. They don't envy me now. He has had one serious illness after another and is fast turning into a vegetable.I - in turn - have been driven to my wit's end in caring for him.

Life has its ups and downs. Right now you and me 'is down ', but I do have hopes of emerging from this vale of sorrow...eventually. Like 'Annie' I believe that:

"The sun'll come out tomorrow, so ya gotta hang on till tomorrow......"

That is sad. Illness is unavoidable and hard for loved ones to cope with.

Shame when people manufacture unhappiness. It's unnecessary. That's the only type of person I've ever really been surrounded by. Why I come across happy most of the time, I try hard.