House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Hsbc Staff Take Panic Alarms Into Client Meetings

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle6843349.ece

Just how dangerous is it being a banker these days? They trashed Fred the Shred’s house, but you wouldn’t think backroom staff were much at risk.

A businessman in the North West reports arriving at a branch of HSBC in Manchester to be greeted with what he was told was a new risk management strategy.

Staff are required to take personal alarms into meeting rooms. Asked why, he says he was told: “I guess there will be some difficult conversations with clients happening at the moment.â€

The story appears in the daily e-mail of North West Business Insider, a monthly magazine. HSBC insists that this is in no way a new strategy and that staff have long carried personal alarms.

“All customer service staff in a branch have to carry them at all times, whether they working a till, greeting customers at the door or taking appointments in meeting rooms,†I am told. “We do have regular reminders of the personal alarm policy and staff take refresher training every six months in how to use them.â€

I had no idea. I imagine that, in the present climate, matters of security and personal safety are more in bankers’ minds than they were.

Has anyone else come across this?

Do they employ branch staff anymore?

My OH had to deal with a zombie the other day who refused to take his request in branch for re-prints of statements.

"identity theft" was the only response they could get.

So instead he had to use telephone banking (with the wrong details and getting the questions wrong a couple of times) and then they said they'd send them out.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle6843349.ece
Just how dangerous is it being a banker these days? They trashed Fred the Shred’s house, but you wouldn’t think backroom staff were much at risk.

Has anyone else come across this?

Had a wee think about this since it was in the news. Cui bono?

What swayed me was finding a copy of a local free community paper (The Bruntsfield & Marchmont Nets-Keeker or some such) in which various local worthies were shit-stirring about the cost of Freddo's securipigs (inserted while he and all his kin were MIA in France or wherever, when it wasn't clear if he was about to be huckled) being landed on the taxpayer or something. There may have been the odd cooncillor guffing off in the 'Letters'.

Anyways. Shortly after the paper hit the boulevards of Nigel "Helmut Newton" Griffiths' manor the dastardly deed was done.

So? Oswald Road's in the most part a rat-run, loads of malcontents pass nearby daily.

Aye but. It's the manner of the damage done.

Big fuc koff black motor out in front? Fine. But all that happened was the easily replaceable by Autoglass windows were popped. Not the windey-up-and-doon wans. Never crunched a door pillar or stuffed the panels. Or even (quietly) ran a chib along the paint. But most photogenic.

And the house?

Same deal. Just a couple of DG units in the windows, that take about seven minutes to replace. Looks like sh1t when it's busted, though. No paint acros the frontage, no pigshit following up the holes in the window. Just a dustpan and brush job.

And nobody heard a thing.

After the stink about the rent-a-pig costs blew up, could it be that a phonecall was received at Casa Shreddo? Perchance one from France? Or did the nightwatch gadgies decide to justify their existence off their own bat?

So what if some anonymous troglodytes decided to claim "responsibility" in ... an email.