House Price Crash Forum
smiffy1967

How Baroness Scotland Cost My Wife Her Job

Please see letter that was sent to my conservative MP (he has been very helpful) we have been talking to the BBC and our local newspaper that will run with this story tomorrow, BBC local radio interviewed us today about this issue, can anyone offer advise or help, my wife has lost around 10K worth of income.

Thanks New labour and your rich cronies

see below:

Dear Sir

My name is Smithy and my Wife is Joanna Smith of 13 houseman Crescent, *******

We were wondering if you could assist us, we live in your constituency. My wife is a Maltese National and as you are aware The Republic of Malta is a member of the EU. Not only that, my wife was born to Maltese Parents in 1971 in Croydon, London. I am a British citizen from Birth and both my parents and extended family are British. My wife and i, have been living back in the UK since March 18th 2006 and we have two children aged 4 and 6 years whom were born in the Republic of Malta. My wife has been in full employment since returning to the UK. Her last employer was:

Health care support services

Shawbury, ******

And she was employed by them for almost 2 years until she resigned 3 months ago. This company: Healthcare support of ****** issued my wife with her P60 and her P45.

My wife recently started working at the Olive Branch ***** The Olive Branch were aware that my Wife Joanna Smith was not a British national and upon commencing employment they asked for 3 forms of Identification. My wife provided her new employee with her: P45, her Maltese photo card driving license, her Maltese ID card, her tax credit award letter and a photo copy of her Maltese passport (she was unable to produce her original passport as she has mislaid it).

Her new employee was very happy with her, they especially liked the way she had a keen eye for sales and that she had that typically friendly Maltese attitude about her. Her new employee noticed an anomaly on her P45. Her P45 issued by Healthcare support of ***** had her birth date incorrect, the birth date on the P45 made my wife in her mid fifties whilst she is only 38. Also the National insurance number on the P45 was also incorrect. This set off alarm bells ringing in her new employees heads as they were fully aware of the story in the news that broke the morning this all happened with Baroness Scotland employing an illegal immigrant!

Her Employer Keith, owner of the Olive Branch Restaurant **** began to get worried and contacted the UK boarder control - he was advised that they will need a photocopy of her Maltese passport (as i have said above - she was able to provide a copy as the HR department of another company she is bank staff for in ******* called: ******* had a copy).

Because she could not produce her original passport and only a copy as well as the anomaly on her P45 The Olive Branch restaurant thought that she was producing false ID's and that she was an illegal immigrant trying to obtain work via counterfeit documents! They immediately dismissed her on the grounds that she could not produce the original passport. This would not be such a problem, as we could apply for a copy or new passport for her, we could also apply for a British Passport but a pre-requisite for a British Passport is that she sends her Maltese passport to the UK passport office.

This is all rather expensive and i was made redundant From ********* 2 weeks ago. And my wife is now unemployed because of the above. Obviously this is not the Olive Branches fault as they were only trying to protect there business/whom could blame them with the prospect of a 10k fine for employing an illegal.

We went to HMRC in ****** about the P45 Issued and they were most unhelpful, although they were able to advise that healthcare support services of ****** had not registered her as an employee or there seemed to be no record on HMRC new database. This all sounds a bit strange - that it did not seem that she was ever registered to pay tax and NI by healthcare support and the date of birth and NI number on the P45 was incorrect. The olive branch were kind enough to say she could have her job back if she provided her original passport, however this could take quite some time as she would have to go through the Maltese embassy in London and that is a bureaucratic nightmare - trust me, i also very much doubt that the position at the Olive Branch would be available anymore and i also think that no matter what ever Joanna produced now - would still leave the Olive Branch restaurant with doubts in there mind.

Seems like baroness Scotland has not only embarrassed herself and should resign - she has also cost my wife her Job!

Could you help or offer any advise? We were hoping to generate some publicity about this, seems like another labour crony has not only caused herself a problem but also a young British family like ours and unlike baroness scotland - we can least afford it.

Baroness Scotland should certainly resign, I agree with you on that point.

The reason your wife lost her job, hopefully temporarily, is because she doesn't appear to have the necessary documentation which will allow her to work.

Take some responsibility and get her passport replaced/renewed before you find yourselves in difficulty with the UK Border Agency.

I'm amazed that you didn't spot the anomalies on her P45 yourselves, mind you, it's always somebody elses fault isn't it? ;)

Don't like to say it too loudly, but if only the UK had an identity system like Malta.

Oh hang on ...

Malta has an ID system that can be cross referenced by social security - hence why i had no problem there - not only that - they are more loyal to the crown and the UK than i have ever seen - they are 100% pro UK even after all the shite we dealt them - check your history!

Our very own queen lived there for a number of years and they are proud anglo files

We should give them respect!!! They love the UK and we have shit on them - 180 years of occupation by us and what do they get - shit from us.

I dont have a lot of luck? - welcome to Great Britain !!!!!!!

what a shame!

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Malta has an ID system that can be cross referenced by social security - hence why i had no problem there - not only that - they are more loyal to the crown and the UK than i have ever seen - they are 100% pro UK even after all the shite we dealt them - check your history!

Our very own queen lived there for a number of years and they are proud anglo files

We should give them respect!!! They love the UK and we have shit on them - 180 years of occupation by us and what do they get - shit from us.

I dont have a lot of luck? - welcome to Great Britain !!!!!!!

what a shame!

I blame Suleiman the Magnificent.

i thought people born in the UK before a certain year automatically had the right to British Nationality?

0?

The reason your wife lost her job, hopefully temporarily, is because she doesn't appear to have the necessary documentation which will allow her to work.

Take some responsibility and get her passport replaced/renewed before you find yourselves in difficulty with the UK Border Agency.

I'm amazed that you didn't spot the anomalies on her P45 yourselves, mind you, it's always somebody elses fault isn't it? ;)

OK, so it is our fault that we should have cross checked the P45 and P60, something we should have taken for a given? And that she (my wife) was raised born and educated in the UK as well as now being married to a UK national and we have lived worked and paid taxes in the UK for a number of years? EU picture driving identity as well as an EU ID card as well as a copy of the passport would not suffice - get outta her - as well as tax credit awards? You sticking up for some millionaire baroness? shame on you! A young British Maltese family have lost there income? Not chavs !!!!! workers! Yes workers fellow HPC members! Got That!!!!!

she hasn't caused any harm or loss to anyone.

OK, so it is our fault that we should have cross checked the P45 and P60, something we should have taken for a given? And that she (my wife) was raised born and educated in the UK as well as now being married to a UK national and we have lived worked and paid taxes in the UK for a number of years? EU picture driving identity as well as an EU ID card as well as a copy of the passport would not suffice - get outta her - as well as tax credit awards? You sticking up for some millionaire baroness? shame on you! A young British Maltese family have lost there income? Not chavs !!!!! workers! Yes workers fellow HPC members! Got That!!!!!

Tell all involved your wife is a Muslim. The doors will open for you. sue the restaurent for religious discrimination, tell the Inland revenue they have victimised your wife by deliberatley getting her details wrong. Surley the reason your wife does not have a passport is because the nasty border agency confiscated it and refuse to give it back.

Get a nice lesbian, disabled, ethnic minority lawyer to represent her and you will have 250K in your back pocket no time at all.

Please read my post again, the first line reads:

Is that sticking up for a millionaire Baroness?

I offered you the easiest way to put things right, it's really quite simple, get the paperwork sorted and your wife can get back to work.

I really don't see the difficulty, it should be relatively quick and you can take pride in having solved your problem.

Got that? :rolleyes:

Smiffy you are the most unluck person in the world, sorry i mean the universe.

Your stories about leaving the country, your handicapped chav children, are just not beleivable.

If you haven't already sent that off, you should get a native English speaker to correct it for you. Your grammar is really quite jarring, and is unlikely to be helpful to your cause.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Please read my post again, the first line reads:

Is that sticking up for a millionaire Baroness?

I offered you the easiest way to put things right, it's really quite simple, get the paperwork sorted and your wife can get back to work.

I really don't see the difficulty, it should be relatively quick and you can take pride in having solved your problem.

Got that? :rolleyes:

Yeah Smiffy, you should take pride in being treated appallingly and then being given the chance to redeem yourself through the medium of a Byzantine paperchase.

I suggest you read Franz Kafka, The Castle, as preparation.

Please see letter that was sent to my conservative MP (he has been very helpful) we have been talking to the BBC and

YADAYADA

e some publicity about this, seems like another labour crony has not only caused herself a problem but also a young British family like ours and unlike baroness scotland - we can least afford it.

1) Unless your wife's parents were Maltese diplomats, she is a British Citizen. Section 4 on the BNA 1948 - Sect 2 of the Immigration Act 1971 - Section 11 of the British Nationality Act 1981

2) Her Maltese ID Card provides a statutory defence in any event so she is entitled to work - http://www.consilium.europa.eu/prado/EN/ca...ryCategory.html

p-o-p

Yeah Smiffy, you should take pride in being treated appallingly and then being given the chance to redeem yourself through the medium of a Byzantine paperchase.

I suggest you read Franz Kafka, The Castle, as preparation.

Ive given up on www.housepricecrash.co.uk , when i joined the forum 5 years or so ago it was filled with clued up people whom had something serious to say, now it is filled with chav 20 year old clowns and wanna be home owners whom will never own or have anything but a BTL landlord running there daily lifes LOL ! Fluck me - and you think you know it all?

You know nothing about life in the real world as you struggle to pay your pointless student loans for your worthless degrees, then on top of this we have the Houseprice crash grammer police out in force (get a friggin Life) this is a an internet forum that has no influence on real life whatsovever!!!!

This forum has become a home for the internet savy shy ( i cannot find a girlfriend type of internet pedo's)

I must call it a day until the tempo of this forum grows up.

good luck you wanna be home owners because the game is up, you lost - you are now flucked hook line and sinker

Sites full of jumped up little mugs

as for me - well - BBC liked it, our local newspaper saw the injustice - so go jerk yourself an ice cream - i am alright jack - did the right thing back in 2006 and brought 10K worth of gold from ATSBULLION and am sitting pretty in a wonderful HA home.

Good luck in your struggle for a roof over your heads - maybe instead of moaning on this forum you should get out and fight for your rights like i did (hence why i have a home that can never be ateken away fro me but instead you moan on a pointless internet forum - but since most of you are internet forum cowards you are forever flucked

SADO's

Pe proactive - be real - stand up for waht you think is right you cowards with your cheap words

Bye bye

have a nice life

when i joined the forum 5 years or so ago

You joined on 9-February 06 it is now 22-sept 2009 your not very good at Maths are you.

Good luck in your struggle for a roof over your heads - maybe instead of moaning on this forum you should get out and fight for your rights like i did (hence why i have a home that can never be ateken away fro me but instead you moan on a pointless internet forum - but since most of you are internet forum cowards you are forever flucked

SADO's

Pe proactive - be real - stand up for waht you think is right you cowards with your cheap words

Bye bye

have a nice life

Yeah, coming crying on here for months about how your old landlord was treating you like crap and not sorting out your damp problems, really taking the bull by the horns there.

That's after giving it the gob about living in wonderful stonebridge or wherever the hell it was that you seemed to think nobody else could afford

This is definitely not the first time you've taken the huff and thrown your toys out the pram when someones given you a bit of stick.

You've got some serious personality disorder going on mate.

As you quite rightly state - it's just an internet forum so man the f**k up and take it all on the chin

You joined on 9-February 06 it is now 22-sept 2009 your not very good at Maths are you.

I joined in 2005 under a different name whilst living abroad - yep the site had appeal back then - since then loud muppets like you joined

go flcuk that big fat mother that gave birth to you - did your dad not tell you the best part of you run down your mummy's leg?

guess you did not get the postcard

Now keep on wishing for your house that aint never gonna come

fluckwit!

I joined in 2005 under a different name whilst living abroad - yep the site had appeal back then - since then loud muppets like you joined

go flcuk that big fat mother that gave birth to you - did your dad not tell you the best part of you run down your mummy's leg?

guess you did not get the postcard

Now keep on wishing for your house that aint never gonna come

fluckwit!

How is the sister - that you wished negative equity on?

Yeah, coming crying on here for months about how your old landlord was treating you like crap and not sorting out your damp problems, really taking the bull by the horns there.

That's after giving it the gob about living in wonderful stonebridge or wherever the hell it was that you seemed to think nobody else could afford

This is definitely not the first time you've taken the huff and thrown your toys out the pram when someones given you a bit of stick.

You've got some serious personality disorder going on mate.

As you quite rightly state - it's just an internet forum so man the f**k up and take it all on the chin

yep

how's your house hunting going loser? Me i am set for life - you are flucked

It's called playing the system but i guess you ave not got a cluedo have you, you spend all your given time crying on a form about how you are priced out

fool

yep

It's called playing the system but i guess you ave not got a cluedo have you, you spend all your given time crying on a form about how you are priced out

fool

I have ~320 posts in 2 years.

So yeah, I clearly spend all my time crying on this internet forum

You on the other hand have ~4100 posts.

Dont let the door hit your **** on the way out.

Edited by I Crap In The Woods

yep

fool

But weren't you going to run off after not having paid your debt? Did you not have problems with your landlord?

Forgive me but I don't see how you are set for life?