House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

I Nearly Had A Stroke, When...

..I saw today that Aldi Sea Salt Crisps (large bag), which started out at 85p, went to 95p...

.. are now 99p!!

What's happening out there, FFS??

..I saw today that Aldi Sea Salt Crisps (large bag), which started out at 85p, went to 95p...

.. are now 99p!!

What's happening out there, FFS??

They are probably made in Germany and exported into the UK <_<

Direct result of the GBP:EUR sechange rate

Most food inflation is due to our choices , we are no longer self sufficient for food in the UK not because of production

but because the imported foods are non native and make up such a large proportion of our chosen diet.

I can't see that being the case with crisps so most likely Aldi taking the piss.

Although if someone is willing to pay more and the cost of production and transport is covered it's worth exporting native

products.

Once the diet changes the UK could be almost self sufficient for food.

Most food inflation is due to our choices , we are no longer self sufficient for food in the UK not because of production

but because the imported foods are non native and make up such a large proportion of our chosen diet.

I can't see that being the case with crisps so most likely Aldi taking the piss.

Although if someone is willing to pay more and the cost of production and transport is covered it's worth exporting native

products.

Once the diet changes the UK could be almost self sufficient for food.

Just made a big pot of lovely thick soup, 9 different veggies, all UK grown.

'Season of mists and mellow soupfulness...'

They are probably made in Germany and exported into the UK <_<

Direct result of the GBP:EUR sechange rate

Crisps are all air - transport costs are a big chunk of the overall price. I'd go for diesel inflation being behind this increase.

Crisps are all air - transport costs are a big chunk of the overall price. I'd go for diesel inflation being behind this increase.

The last crisps I bought from Aldi tasted like they had been fried in diesel.