House Price Crash Forum

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!

My Property Bee is not working. I didn't realise how naked Rightmove looks without it.

I've still got the tool bar on my browser but nothing shows on Rightmove, just the standard website with no Property Bee info.

I've tried fiddling with it but still no joy. Any ideas??

It's not you or anything you have done, many others have the same problem (inc me). Software problem!! I'm sure it will get sorted.

Yup, it hasn't been working properly for weeks now. I can view history but have to go into each individual listing, which is a pain in the derriere. Visiting RM no longer holds the same joy for me anymore; I hope you're right that it's a temporary glitch.

It's not you or anything you have done, many others have the same problem (inc me). Software problem!! I'm sure it will get sorted.

Possibly not, see here: http://www.property-bee.com/forum/viewtopi...p?f=2&t=685

Though as they say, it's better to have had property bee and lost, than to never to have had property bee at all.

Good luck to Beerhunter personally, and hopefully those with the requisite knowledge will step up to help the project...

Just read that link. I hope BeerHunter gets his problems sorted and hopefully find a solution to Property Bee to stay up and running. If not it was good while it lasted.

I can still see history if I click on individual properties, as already stated above.

Cheers all.

Like the Count of Nowhere I upgraded Firefox today and reinstalled PB - cannot get RM history either collectively on properties on or individual ones. Do hope it will be fixed.

Yup, it hasn't been working properly for weeks now. I can view history but have to go into each individual listing, which is a pain in the derriere. Visiting RM no longer holds the same joy for me anymore; I hope you're right that it's a temporary glitch.

:( Mine only stopped working today.

Good luck to Beerhunter personally, and hopefully those with the requisite knowledge will step up to help the project...

Indeed.. I hope the guy is ok, we all benefited from the time he put into PB :(

Indeed.. I hope the guy is ok, we all benefited from the time he put into PB :(

I agree.

Best wishes for Beerhunter.

I am so gratefull for all the hard work he has put into PB.

Hope no-one minds a cross post too much. I too hope BeerHunter is fine.

Can anyone help him with the development. He's posted the following appeal

1) Toolbar 2.0.x bug fixes

* To fix bugs / do updates to the current version of the toolbar

* Requires some knowledge of javascript/xpaths

* Source code is under subversion control

* Bug reports are currently tracked using Mantis

* Hopefully this will take some development pressure off me, tho I still intend to be involved (ideally more as release manager role)

2) Implement a toolbar management web interface

* Currently to fix / sort out registration problems I use phpMyAdmin :-0

* What would be nice would be a web interface which others (eg property-bee mods etc) could use to fix registration problems

* Requires php/mysql/phpBB3 knowledge

* This is user interface non-existent at the moment, so its starting from scratch

* This would allow property-bee mods to help sort out registration problems, rather than just me via phpMyAdmin!

3) Implement a web based support interface

* Rather than email based support provide a web based interface so a group of mods/developers can provide assistance.

* Perhaps interfacing with the bug tracking system (Mantis) to insert new (non public) tickets?

* Requires php/mysql/Mantis knowledge

* This is user interface non-existent at the moment, so its starting from scratch

* This should allow property-bee mods to help sort out registration problems, rather than just me dealing with all the emailed problems

4) Toolbar 3.0.x

* I have the building blocks for the next major version of toolbar written in javascript

* its missing the application level code, but a large part of the lower levels is there and tested

* Includes a unit test framework, a modified version of jslint running inside the toolbar to check source code, javascript namespaces, an implementation of "signals & slots", database access via connection/recordsets, assertions, a profiler, code to dynamically build sql queries based on a schema, an early implementation of model/view/controller widgets, various classes for file access, wrappers around ajax stuff and the ability to register add-ons with the toolbar

* This is truly cutting edge original stuff, however there is still lots to do.. including all the application layer, finishing off model/view/controller widgets, creating a new local database schema

* There's no release date set yet, but would be nice to get a version out to test towards the end of the year

* This does require good javascript knowledge tho, if you're an expert in YUI, jquery or xpcom then this might interest you!

5) Backend/database

* This is running smoothly and doesn't need anything done to it!

6) Website

* Generally I think its ok, tho if anyone has any improvements I'd be interested in hearing

* Currently uses php, mysql and smarty

7) More mods

* Once 2) and 3) are up and running we will probably need more mods to help out with management tasks

8) Admin (Server/donations/releases)

* I'll continue to run this

Propertybee is such an important tool.

http://www.property-bee.com/forum/viewtopi...p?f=2&t=685

Best wishes for Beerhunter.

I am so gratefull for all the hard work he has put into PB.

Likewise - it's a great little ad-on and absolutely invaluable to all keeping an eye on their local market.

Here's hoping that those with the necessary technical skills, and a bit of free time, can help out.

Best wishes to Beerhunter.

Have to say I'm gutted too. PB not working today. And, I'm in Canada at the moment and was enjoying myself whilst watching sold houses come back online, reductions,etc. Still to be fair, PB has been brilliant, but more important that Beerhunter sorts himself out. Maybe in time he will consider making this a business - it is obviously so successful in what it does.

All the best BH

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!

My Property Bee is not working. I didn't realise how naked Rightmove looks without it.

I've still got the tool bar on my browser but nothing shows on Rightmove, just the standard website with no Property Bee info.

I've tried fiddling with it but still no joy. Any ideas??

I took a look last night. Works for me ...

... but not on the listings, only when I click on details.

Actually that seems fine to me: I want those details on the kind of places I'm interested in, not the ones I wouldn't take if you paid me, nor the ones I could only dream of ...

As this is such an illuminating tool for many on this site and for the HPI/HPC issue as a whole, please could the powers that be on this board not look to help dear old Beerhunter out with this either in the short term or maybe as a longer term tie-up?

They must make a mint from the amount of traffic HPC gets and the resulting advertising, surely they could help out with what is a fantastic programme BH has developed and potentially incorporate it as a vital element to this site.

Any thoughts mods????????

As this is such an illuminating tool for many on this site and for the HPI/HPC issue as a whole, please could the powers that be on this board not look to help dear old Beerhunter out with this either in the short term or maybe as a longer term tie-up?

They must make a mint from the amount of traffic HPC gets and the resulting advertising, surely they could help out with what is a fantastic programme BH has developed and potentially incorporate it as a vital element to this site.

Any thoughts mods????????

This suggestion deserves a new thread. It's been reported that HPC makes serious money, though it's less clear who benefits from it. It's hard to think of a better Good Cause for some of that money than sponsoring PropertyBee.

This suggestion deserves a new thread. It's been reported that HPC makes serious money, though it's less clear who benefits from it. It's hard to think of a better Good Cause for some of that money than sponsoring PropertyBee.

True, will do that now.

+1 to keep it going - I'd happily pay to keep using it (I think quite a few of us one here have already made contributions in the past)