House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jie Bie

Nethouseprices Not Showing Flat Numbers

I've been using www.nethouseprices.com for some time now to find out how much people paid for properties that they are selling. However I have two bugbears with this site:

1. Once you start to go back a few years you find that most entries only have street numbers and no indication of which flat the sale is in regards to. As I'm looking mostly at tenement flats this is getting quite frustrating.

2. It seems to only go back 10 years, how can I find out how much the owner paid for it if they bought it before that?

Obviously I'm looking for a service which is also free, however I have a sneaking suspicion the answers I am looking for are going to involve paying fees to the land registry or someone similar.

I've been using www.nethouseprices.com for some time now to find out how much people paid for properties that they are selling. However I have two bugbears with this site:

1. Once you start to go back a few years you find that most entries only have street numbers and no indication of which flat the sale is in regards to. As I'm looking mostly at tenement flats this is getting quite frustrating.

2. It seems to only go back 10 years, how can I find out how much the owner paid for it if they bought it before that?

Obviously I'm looking for a service which is also free, however I have a sneaking suspicion the answers I am looking for are going to involve paying fees to the land registry or someone similar.

you'd need to have the luck of the flats being numbered consistently anyways - nethouseprices use "northernmost flat on the first floor" style descriptions (and in our case got it wrong anyways) to add to the two forms already in use - the 1F1 style numbering councils/banks use or the single-number coding that the royal mail seem to enforce with their postal database they flog to places - play.com refused my order because they couldn't reconcile flat 13 with flat 3f1 (they being one and the same)

you'd need to have the luck of the flats being numbered consistently anyways - nethouseprices use "northernmost flat on the first floor" style descriptions (and in our case got it wrong anyways) to add to the two forms already in use - the 1F1 style numbering councils/banks use or the single-number coding that the royal mail seem to enforce with their postal database they flog to places - play.com refused my order because they couldn't reconcile flat 13 with flat 3f1 (they being one and the same)

Yeah i know what you mean about the "northmost house on the top floor" type descriptions. However a quick look at google maps / streetview usually tells you which flat this is.

The main problem is that nethouseprices doesn't even have those descriptions once you start to go back a few years, however there are loads of various reference numbers displayed for each record. I'm wondering if theres some way they can be used to identify the flat in question?