House Price Crash Forum

Breaking - Baroness Scotland Fined £5,000

1929crash

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

A clear-cut case of BBC bias. The first two sentances of their main article on Baroness Scotland 10:25 Tuesday:

The attorney general is in "technical breach" of rules on employing migrant workers, the BBC understands. Baroness Scotland is expected to be fined for employing a housekeeper from Tonga who did not have the right to work in the UK.

These are not 'rules'. These are LAWS. Laws introduced by the Baroness herself. The use of the word 'rules' is straight out of the Labour spin machine. And what is a 'technical breach' of a law? You either break the law or you don't. Let's run that first sentence again:

The attorney general broke the law on employing migrant workers, the BBC understands

<_< hmmmm, sound pretty different doesn't it. I can't believe I have to pay for this propaganda or face the risk of going to prison. I'm tempted to throw my TV into the street.

HOLA445
A clear-cut case of BBC bias. The first two sentances of their main article on Baroness Scotland 10:25 Tuesday:

These are not 'rules'. These are LAWS. Laws introduced by the Baroness herself. The use of the word 'rules' is straight out of the Labour spin machine. And what is a 'technical breach' of a law? You either break the law or you don't. Let's run that first sentence again:

The attorney general broke the law on employing migrant workers, the BBC understands

<_< hmmmm, sound pretty different doesn't it. I can't believe I have to pay for this propaganda or face the risk of going to prison. I'm tempted to throw my TV into the street.

They've just photocopied her own press release.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Good post. Agree absolutely. Spin, spin, spin...

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest UK Debt Slave
Bet she doesn't and why should she?

There are as bad if not worse crooks in politics, I'm not sticking up for her, just that I bet she won't.

Just read the story in the Telegraph and frankly I am beside myself with anger

I feel like running through the street screaming my fekkn head off.

HOLA4410
She must resign - how can the UK's senior law officer stay in position when she's committed a crime?

Some crimes are bigger than others...

The problem with Labour's legislative diahorrea is that it becomes acceptable for normal people to ignore laws which are seen as silly or unenforceable which ultimately brings the whole legal system into disrepute. The fact that this attitude even afflicts the people making the laws in the first place is a scandal and she should resign for this reason.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

....and the BBC's 'Have Your Say' options on the day our chief lawmaker admitted to breaking a law that she introduced?

Are cuts in airline emissions enough?

The aviation industry will pledge to cut carbon dioxide emissions to half the 2005 levels by 2050. Are these cuts enough?

Band or brand?

The last original member of the Sugababes has left. Can you still enjoy a band without the original members?

So that's asking us what we think of a pointless pop group and what we think aviation tax should be in 40 years time.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
....and the BBC's 'Have Your Say' options on the day our chief lawmaker admitted to breaking a law that she introduced?

The aviation industry will pledge to cut carbon dioxide emissions to half the 2005 levels by 2050. Are these cuts enough?

Band or brand?

The last original member of the Sugababes has left. Can you still enjoy a band without the original members?

So that's asking us what we think of a pointless pop group and what we think aviation tax should be in 40 years time.

What do you expect? She's way up in the ZaNu machinery and their communications wing at the BBC will do their utmost to ensure this story gets buried. If it had been a Tory, a Libdem, or of course a member of UKIP or the BNP even dropping a sweet wrapper it would be news for days to come............

Anything of any remote interest happens this afternoon watch how the PC elite at the BBC get this one down to about fifth by tea time and off the agenda completely if they can by the evening news.

They always protect their own...........corruption breeds corruption.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I doubt whether it was by malice of forethought but the legislation that she assisted in introducing changed the offence from one that could/should be prosecuted to a civil penalty.

Were she to have been prosecuted, I am sure that she would have had to resign if convicted.

Whether the powers that be would have chosen to prosecute is another matter. Perhaps they would have had to consult her through the Director of Public Prosecutions? Prosecuting a Minister of the Crown is a serious matter.

Civil penalties are wrong. A wrongdoer should be prosecuted and tried by her peers (ha-bloody-ha). That is the law of this land.

p-o-p

EDIT: Keyboard designed and built in the UK

HOLA4417

Band or brand?

Fecking BBC, God how I loath them to the core.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Civil penalties are wrong. A wrongdoer should be prosecuted and tried by her peers (ha-bloody-ha). That is the law of this land.

Are you totally insane?

What "Law"?

With people like her and the non-delectable Jacqueline Smith, "Doggy" Blunkett, Chas "Ears" Clarke, Lord Derry "Where's Me Carpet?" Irvine, "Hard Doc" John Reid, Lord "Where's Me Bung?" Goldsmith and Jack "The Lad" Straw at the pinnacle of British "Jurisprudence, they make it up as they go along!

:rolleyes:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Are you totally insane?

What "Law"?

With people like her and the non-delectable Jacqueline Smith, "Doggy" Blunkett, Chas "Ears" Clarke, Lord Derry "Where's Me Carpet?" Irvine, "Hard Doc" John Reid, Lord "Where's Me Bung?" Goldsmith and Jack "The Lad" Straw at the pinnacle of British "Jurisprudence, they make it up as they go along!

:rolleyes:

You're just a malcontent.

You write with an authority that suggests age, experience and a good knowledge of the establishment and its laws.

This is not a Tory/Labour issue. The whole system has corrupted over many years.

Did you stand up against what you now confidently identify as wrong or did you take advantage of being on the right side of it?

I didn't do what I should have done earlier and look in horror at what my generation is about to visit upon my offspring.

p-o-p

ps - Am I totally insane? Probably, although I do wonder whether I am reacting logically to an illogical environment.

HOLA4422

You dont.

Why dont you swot up on the laws about having a TV licence and the powers that TV licence inspectors really have? (very little).

Why do you think they spend so much money and effort on campaigns and advertising to make you have a licence? If it were so easy to catch you, there would be no need for all the propaganda. Truth is, payment of the TV licence relies on honesty.

HOLA4423
You're just a malcontent.

You write with an authority that suggests age, experience and a good knowledge of the establishment and its laws.

This is not a Tory/Labour issue. The whole system has corrupted over many years.

Did you stand up against what you now confidently identify as wrong or did you take advantage of being on the right side of it?

I didn't do what I should have done earlier and look in horror at what my generation is about to visit upon my offspring.

p-o-p

ps - Am I totally insane? Probably, although I do wonder whether I am reacting logically to an illogical environment.

Please P-O-P Don't take my comment wrongly!

No personal slight intended.

A touch of post coital (Lunch in this case with a glass of halfway decent claret to wash it down!), poetic license, al la Hancock.

The Blood Donor: Hancock to doc"Have you gone raving mad?"

Please do watch it: comic genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsEbCQzPhl8

I have stood up to mindless authority since the census of 1971: wherein instead of following the practice of yore, this time moonlighting civil servants would be paid extra to stand on one's doorstep and demand personal privileged data.

The penalty for non-compliance was serious fines and then prison: and I was quite prepared (Despite having a rapidly expanding business I commenced in 1968, a wife and a young baby of just three years) to go to prison on a point of principle.

Quite a few did.

And since that time I have fought against injustice and mindless bureaucracy in various ways ever since.

Today, I become increasingly angered at travesties of "Justice": this evil woman who sits in judgement over 60 million people, can personally and glibly break the law she drove through parliament: and herself, escape with a fine which itself is a microcosm of the total amount she has embezzled by false claims!

The message therefore from on high is cheat and steal and lie!

What a wonderful reality from an Attorney General.

:angry:

HOLA4424
Please P-O-P Don't take my comment wrongly!

No personal slight intended.

A touch of post coital (Lunch in this case with a glass of halfway decent claret to wash it down!), poetic license, al la Hancock.

The Blood Donor: Hancock to doc"Have you gone raving mad?"

Please do watch it: comic genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsEbCQzPhl8

I have stood up to mindless authority since the census of 1971: wherein instead of following the practice of yore, this time moonlighting civil servants would be paid extra to stand on one's doorstep and demand personal privileged data.

The penalty for non-compliance was serious fines and then prison: and I was quite prepared (Despite having a rapidly expanding business I commenced in 1968, a wife and a young baby of just three years) to go to prison on a point of principle.

Quite a few did.

And since that time I have fought against injustice and mindless bureaucracy in various ways ever since.

Today, I become increasingly angered at travesties of "Justice": this evil woman who sits in judgement over 60 million people, can personally and glibly break the law she drove through parliament: and herself, escape with a fine which itself is a microcosm of the total amount she has embezzled by false claims!

The message therefore from on high is cheat and steal and lie!

What a wonderful reality from an Attorney General.

:angry:

I don't take offence to what is said on this board.

You write and reason well.

Baroness Scotland should resign without hesitation as a matter of honour.

Every few hundred years the establishment has to be corrected. Magna Carta - Bill of Rights.

Our generation (boomers) did not have to endure a war. We should be leading the movement to crush the government and establishment so that they serve our children properly.

p-o-p

HOLA4425

Archived