House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jister1

Bull Market Till 2011

Gordon brown has said economy needs support till 2011.

He had a nice little cameo appearance on GMTV this morning where he said he will print till 2011. He never said it in those words but that is what he meant. It will be interesting to see if BOE starts the press up again in October/November......Im not saying they have really stopped.....but you catch my drift.

This will feed the bull market...then who knows what will happen.

Edited by Jister1

The current economic system needs support for a lot longer than that.

You saying we will need to keep printing beyond 2011? Because when GB said support.......Im sure printing is what he had on his mind.

You saying we will need to keep printing beyond 2011? Because when GB said support.......Im sure printing is what he had on his mind.

He won't get the chance to print until 2011. If he persists in printing, it will be over by then.

Not to mention that he'll be out on his ear by May 2010! :lol:

He won't get the chance to print until 2011. If he persists in printing, it will be over by then.

Merv wont be though.

You are correct I think he will be gone by spring 2010. Cameron or another will continue the printing though.....different faces but the same outcome.

You thinking Flash will still be here or you disagree that DC will cooperate with mtystic Merv?

If they are still printing by the time Gordon makes his (long overdue) exit, it will be too late to avoid damaging inflation and a trip to the IMF. FWIW, I think Gordon is just talking the talk before the G20, in order to discourage other countries from downscaling their own QE, etc:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125356808668129027.html

He is frightened that other countries may be able to stop their stimulus measures in the near future, leaving the UK looking like the broken man of the G20.

You spun the title like an expert spinner spins his thread, a la the Sexpress.

Hmmm. I will give you that....I can see how you would get that. Look at it like this...what is keeping the market up at the moment...it aint faith in the economy or our finacial system it's printing and I seen flash this morning more or less saying that the printing press will be switched back on (production ramped up) and printing a lot more PPM (pounds per minute) :D

In the words of the great DaddyBear.................Position yourself.

Gordon brown has said economy needs support till 2011.

He had a nice little cameo appearance on GMTV this morning where he said he will print till 2011. He never said it in those words but that is what he meant. It will be interesting to see if BOE starts the press up again in October/November......Im not saying they have really stopped.....but you catch my drift.

This will feed the bull market...then who knows what will happen.

So do you feel there will be a Daddy Bear scenario with imminent bond market collapse/foreign investment flees followed by currency collapse?

I'm not convinced any government would continue printing throughout all the indicators that would precede this... more likely they take equally extreme steps to avoid.

So do you feel there will be a Daddy Bear scenario with imminent bond market collapse/foreign investment flees followed by currency collapse?

I'm not convinced any government would continue printing throughout all the indicators that would precede this... more likely they take equally extreme steps to avoid.

Hmmm... Indicators...since when did the Goverment actually act on indications of any sort that would harm or help the UK?

They seen this comming like most others and they milked it for every last drop. They bailed out the banks.....they sent thousands of troops out to Iraq for WOMD that they knew where not there. They created the exspenses system and hoped we would never know about it's little loop holes....expenses scandal. None of this was for the benifit of the UK

I think this Goverment would actaully ignore the signs of Inflation and manipulate the figures untill such time we are sufficiently inflated.

I do not share Daddybears view that currency collapse....but I do think we will see very high inflation.

I also think we may be only a few years away from Joining the Euro.