House Price Crash Forum

Working Families Tax Credit

Patfig

HOLA441
HOLA442
Does anyone know if there are any calculators on line to work out any entitlements for working familiies with school children?

Yes, google the HMR&C website or even Uk working family tax credits calculator.

It is crazy how much wonga the gov throws at you if you have a couple of kids - WTC and CTC are keeping us afloat at the moment (MUCH more money sent to you than if unemployed - so if you lose your job, simply claim some form of self-employment eg window cleaner, and declare a low income so you can get vast amounts of tax credits). In my case we were genuinely self-employed with collapsed tourist income, but it is easy to pretend and the gov loves having one less dole claim stat.

Won't last - for sure whoever takes power at the election will have to slash the tax credit system.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

It is crazy how much wonga the gov throws at you if you have a couple of kids - WTC and CTC are keeping us afloat at the moment (MUCH more money sent to you than if unemployed - so if you lose your job, simply claim some form of self-employment eg window cleaner, and declare a low income so you can get vast amounts of tax credits). In my case we were genuinely self-employed with collapsed tourist income, but it is easy to pretend and the gov loves having one less dole claim stat.

Won't last - for sure whoever takes power at the election will have to slash the tax credit system.

Just did a scenario for me and my familly - computer says £25,175.69.

This is an underestimate as I have a child in uni and I could pick up the fees £3100 plus a grant too.

Pretty sure my children could collect education maintenance grant too - that is £30 a week each.

I don't doubt that I could get about £32,000.

I would need a salary of anout £43,500 to take home that (assumes zero commute costs)

HOLA448
Just did a scenario for me and my familly - computer says £25,175.69.

This is an underestimate as I have a child in uni and I could pick up the fees £3100 plus a grant too.

Pretty sure my children could collect education maintenance grant too - that is £30 a week each.

I don't doubt that I could get about £32,000.

I would need a salary of anout £43,500 to take home that (assumes zero commute costs)

That's amazing. Those kind of figures are the reason many Polish families (and african etc etc) have gone back home - they stayed long enough to get their claims up and running (as self-employed builders etc) then have gone back home while retaining a mate's house address here in the Uk so they can fill in the annual tax returns and WTC/CTC review forms to keep the loot coming in (while also claiming Polish unemployment benefits in some cases).

It's a massive fraud industry by overseas claimants and has met with surprisingly little press coverage. Many Brits have also funded their emigration to the costas etc using the same fiddle. Unlike JSA there is no requirement to ever report in person plus the money is vastly superior.

The only way to stop the multi-million pound fraud is to end the tax credits. We shall see what transpires after the election.

HOLA449

Indeed, WTC maybe cut after the election but it could still be liveable. Seems like WTC can function as a kind of citizens wage?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
The only way to stop the multi-million pound fraud is to end the tax credits. We shall see what transpires after the election.

The whole WFTC racket is just a gigantic 21st century variant on Outdoor Relief.

A bribe by the Govt. to make it economically viable for people with kids to turn up and do whatever no doubt indispensible and "front-line"[:puke:] activity the employers (frequently the Govt. itself) can't pay a living wage for.

The authorities in Speenhamland approved a means-tested sliding-scale of wage supplements in order to mitigate the worst effects of rural poverty.

Essentially, families were paid extra to top up wages to a set level according to a table. This level varied according to the number of children and the price of bread ...

Unfortunately, it tended to aggravate the underlying causes of poverty in any particular parish. The immediate impact of paying this poor rate fell on the landowners of the parish concerned. They then sought other means of dealing with the poor, such as the workhouse ...

And so it goes round again, with Workfare and A4E/Serco on the menu as the Heritors of today howl with fury about the 'insupportable' burden of the unnuetzer Esser.

Cutting it would actually go a long way to clearing out a shitload of cheesy, non-viable "businesses" and futile non-jobs. Although it's unlikely that people could think about saving 1/3 of their income for old age, like their Victorian predecessors, even if the work they do has value.

"But won't somebody think of the children?" Well like Beauty, me and mine make a deal of use of it due to the chaotic nature of contracting, but still view it as a Bad Thing, not even a necessary evil.

But beggars can't be choosers.

Cattle don't get to vote on their fate.

HOLA4414

and the biggest tax credit scam for bona fide uk residents is families where there is/are self-employed breadwinner/s..

In particular ethnic groups it is quite normal to have 4 or 5 children with a stay-at-home mum while the dad works as a self-employed minicab driver where it'svery easy to understate his earnings........

computer says £277 a week tax credits for 5 children and single breadwinner's salary of £12000pa.............and i think housing benefit can be claimed on top if the £277 tax credit plus the £180 wage (£457) is deemed too low to pay rent.....which in inner London is surely the case

Edited by Michael

HOLA4415

On one hand you people complain that the cost of living in this country is ridiculous. On the other hand you moan about WTC and other forms of relief. Then you moan about people sitting on the dole instead of working but then have no concept of the poverty trap or how things like wtc and child beenefit might alleviate it and hence get people back to work.

Basically you guys need to set up a new site called "clueless-feckers-who-cannot-think-in-joined-up-fashion-and-like-simple-answers-to-complex-problems.com" there you can post all your simplistic,ill-informed, poorly thought out diatrabes against the state, people who are different to you and anybody that receives any entitlement that you don't receive. Or simply feck of to the deep South or Texas, where you will find like-minded individuals

HOLA4416
On one hand you people complain that the cost of living in this country is ridiculous. On the other hand you moan about WTC and other forms of relief. Then you moan about people sitting on the dole instead of working but then have no concept of the poverty trap or how things like wtc and child beenefit might alleviate it and hence get people back to work.

Basically you guys need to set up a new site called "clueless-feckers-who-cannot-think-in-joined-up-fashion-and-like-simple-answers-to-complex-problems.com" there you can post all your simplistic,ill-informed, poorly thought out diatrabes against the state, people who are different to you and anybody that receives any entitlement that you don't receive. Or simply feck of to the deep South or Texas, where you will find like-minded individuals

but as has always been the case the people who're worst off are honest people who're just above the poverty line and who cant fiddle their taxes because they're on PAYE...........an honest father with a wife and 2 young children would have to earn about £40000 a year to be as well off as the parasites i mentioned above....which is clearly insane!

Edited by Michael

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
but as has always been the case the people who're worst off are honest people who're just above the poverty line and who cant fiddle their taxes because they're on PAYE...........an honest father with a wife and 2 young children would have to earn about £40000 a year to be as well off as the parasites i mentioned above....which is clearly insane!

"honest" people, "fiddle" taxes, "parasites". Try not speaking in generalizations, some people may fit your description, many won't. Generalizations make things easier I know, because we don't have to amend or adapt our arguments, but they are still generalizations.

HOLA4419
an honest father with a wife and 2 young children would have to earn about £40000 a year to be as well off as the parasites i mentioned above....which is clearly insane!

These people are working- that's kind of a requirement of W(orking)TC. The real parasites are employers like Mcdonalds who pay crap wages that are then subsidised by the state because they are too low.

I agree, the fact that you would need to earn 40 grand a year just to have a decent life in this country is insane- which is why HPI is evil.