House Price Crash Forum

What Does "guide £250,000 Not Marketed" Mean ?

RDW

HOLA441

We drove past this place

http://details.vebra.com/property/2964/12477873

It's a lovely peaceful spot, the only draw back being it's about half a mile down wind of Hinkley Point Nuclear Power Station, which does take a nit of getting used too, but seeing I already live 5 miles down wind of it, it just means that if it goes up I fraz a bit quicker.

Looked on Rightmove / Property Bee and it was on at £349k, now it has gone sstc, with Guide Price £250k on it, has someone really dropped them £100K, and why the "not marketed on the particulars ?

£250k would be a bargain in my opinion.

HOLA442
We drove past this place

http://details.vebra.com/property/2964/12477873

It's a lovely peaceful spot, the only draw back being it's about half a mile down wind of Hinkley Point Nuclear Power Station, which does take a nit of getting used too, but seeing I already live 5 miles down wind of it, it just means that if it goes up I fraz a bit quicker.

Looked on Rightmove / Property Bee and it was on at £349k, now it has gone sstc, with Guide Price £250k on it, has someone really dropped them £100K, and why the "not marketed on the particulars ?

£250k would be a bargain in my opinion.

"Guide Price" usually means auction. Auctioneers usually advertise a lowish guide price to get lots of interest and they very often go over it in auction. Any idea who auctioned it? Their site may well show what price it went for.

HOLA443
"Guide Price" usually means auction. Auctioneers usually advertise a lowish guide price to get lots of interest and they very often go over it in auction. Any idea who auctioned it? Their site may well show what price it went for.

No idea who, or if it went to auction, as I said we drove past it one day while visiting the beach / shoreline, saw it was on at £349k, which I would guess is about the 'right' (if you can call it that) asking price. It was only that I had it in my saved properties that I noticed it had gone sstc and guide £250k.

If it did go at auction for £250k then c'est la vie, we couldn't have afforeded it, as we still have to sell our own place. I would have had to get a £150k odd 'bridging loan' which I would not have been comfortable with.

HOLA444

I'd say smells of someone sticking two fingers up at the HIPs law. May get away wit it if noone notices, or if they have the right kind of connections.

HOLA445
No idea who, or if it went to auction, as I said we drove past it one day while visiting the beach / shoreline, saw it was on at £349k, which I would guess is about the 'right' (if you can call it that) asking price. It was only that I had it in my saved properties that I noticed it had gone sstc and guide £250k.

If it did go at auction for £250k then c'est la vie, we couldn't have afforeded it, as we still have to sell our own place. I would have had to get a £150k odd 'bridging loan' which I would not have been comfortable with.

To state the obvious, if it was the right price it would have sold already and they wouldn't be getting desperate and going to auction.

HOLA446
I'd say smells of someone sticking two fingers up at the HIPs law. May get away wit it if noone notices, or if they have the right kind of connections.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean bt that.

The power of google is interesting though

http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news/42...ned_in_caravan/

17th April 2009

By Court reporter »

A “HAPPY-GO-LUCKY†man tragically died from carbon monoxide poisoning while he slept in a caravan next to his family's home near Bridgwater.

Wayne Silk, 36, died in a caravan at Lime Kiln Cottage, Stolford, on December 22 last year.

HOLA447
To state the obvious, if it was the right price it would have sold already and they wouldn't be getting desperate and going to auction.

That's why I put right in '', I meant right as in comparable to all the other over priced properties arround here, including mine.

HOLA448
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean bt that.

Law says, if you market a house, you need a HIP.

Cleverclogs says, "ah, but if you reach a private sale without ever marketing it ..."

Chancers push the boundaries of "not marketing" their houses.

I guess it takes a special kind of idiot to let a "not marketed" house appear on rightmove and vebra. Unless of course they can rely on someone to shield them from punishment.

HOLA449
Law says, if you market a house, you need a HIP.

Cleverclogs says, "ah, but if you reach a private sale without ever marketing it ..."

Chancers push the boundaries of "not marketing" their houses.

I guess it takes a special kind of idiot to let a "not marketed" house appear on rightmove and vebra. Unless of course they can rely on someone to shield them from punishment.

Come to mention it, I wondered why the For Sale sign had been taken down, when we were there last week. It was lying down in the front, I just thought they had taken it off the market.

HOLA4410