House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garry AKA Pod

Strictly Complete ******

WHO GIVES A F**K?

Why is this news?

Why have a few hundred pathetic saddos complained to the BBC about a sodding judge?

Why am I even talking about it?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :angry:

The BBC deserve a load of shlt!

They deliberately shifted strictly to clash with x factor (it doesnt matter if you like either of the programes) Its the infantile fact that they did it. They can afford to do this as they dont have to keep advertisors sweet as they get their money through a tax on pain of prison.

They are actively ignoring fans wishes who probably want to watch both programes in a childish "ratings war" that doesnt need to happen, it benefits no one and just plsses everyone off.

I'm certain if I had a really popular programe I'd pitch it against some shlt programe to increase viewage

What sort of f*ckin mongy retard moves it against saturday nights number 1 programe?

As it happens lady karma strolled up, pulled her knickers down and shat a big pile of f*ck you on the BBC, because x facter beat them by 2.8 million viewers. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I dont know why, but this sort of spitefull behaviour really f*ckin riles me

I'm certain if I had a really popular programe I'd pitch it against some shlt programe to increase viewage

What sort of f*ckin mongy retard moves it against saturday nights number 1 programe?

ITV started it. Saturday night is prime time viewing, and research has shown that people tend to tune in for their favourite programme, then stay on that channel for the rest of the evening. X Factor used to be on later, but was moved to an earlier slot to boost advertising revenue for Saturday evening.

The really clever thing is that ITV and BBC have moved "Opportunity Knocks" and "Come Dancing" to prime time viewing, and we fell for it.

I'm slightly glad that they put them together, rather than staggering....get 'um both over with quicker...then you have some old clap-trap like Casualty on afterwards. I saw the Cube for the first time on Sat. What a load of shite that was. Some bloke getting fifty grand for walking over a six foot beam. I'm not surprised ITV is struggling financially, when they put crap like that out.

Guest X-QUORK
Anyone else think Deal or no Deal would be much enlivened if they booby trapped one of the boxes with explosives?

Sorry....I hate that show.

I'd like to see your explosives version. I'd also like to introduce a new 10 minute maximum on the game...all that f*cking around with the banker and having cups of tea and chats with the audience. Get on with it you bunch of unproductive wastrels.

It irks that my wife quite likes it...and no matter how many times I tell her it's all about random chance, she seems to think there's something else going on.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see your explosives version. I'd also like to introduce a new 10 minute maximum on the game...all that f*cking around with the banker and having cups of tea and chats with the audience. Get on with it you bunch of unproductive wastrels.

It irks that my wife quite likes it...and no matter how many times I tell her it's all about random chance, she seems to think there's something else going on.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a bloody weird concept right enough, never seen a show that relies so much on witless padding out banter and do they feed them drugs or something before hand? Why the blubbing? I'd love to see some of these people in a real crisis they must have a f*cking nervous breakdown every time they get a parking ticket. <_<

Guest X-QUORK
It's a bloody weird concept right enough, never seen a show that relies so much on witless padding out banter and do they feed them drugs or something before hand? Why the blubbing? I'd love to see some of these people in a real crisis they must have a f*cking nervous breakdown every time they get a parking ticket. <_<

What about releasing a hungry Grizzly Bear into the studio and locking the doors after the 10 minute deadline?

The BBC deserve a load of shlt!

They deliberately shifted strictly to clash with x factor (it doesnt matter if you like either of the programes) Its the infantile fact that they did it. They can afford to do this as they dont have to keep advertisors sweet as they get their money through a tax on pain of prison.

They are actively ignoring fans wishes who probably want to watch both programes in a childish "ratings war" that doesnt need to happen, it benefits no one and just plsses everyone off.

As it happens lady karma strolled up, pulled her knickers down and shat a big pile of f*ck you on the BBC, because x facter beat them by 2.8 million viewers. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I dont know why, but this sort of spitefull behaviour really f*ckin riles me

+1 I am getting increasingly annoyed at the Beeb for playing such games on the back of my licence fee. :angry:

The really clever thing is that ITV and BBC have moved "Opportunity Knocks" and "Come Dancing" to prime time viewing, and we fell for it.

I wonder what Cowell would say. Errmm errmm no.... it's a show that ermmm Opportunity Knocks was errrmm....

:lol::lol:

TV can be described as an insight into the social heart of the country, a refelction of what the masses want, or, as I like to look at it an insight into how the arms race of f*ckwittry is being conducted in the UK, a way of watching exactly how the gullible masses are screwing themselves into the ground.

This could be considered as a snobby point of view but after watching some of TV's greatest offerings ( I give you Big Brother, and...God help us, Katie Price) it's not hard.

TV can be described as an insight into the social heart of the country, a refelction of what the masses want, or, as I like to look at it an insight into how the arms race of f*ckwittry is being conducted in the UK, a way of watching exactly how the gullible masses are screwing themselves into the ground.

This could be considered as a snobby point of view but after watching some of TV's greatest offerings ( I give you Big Brother, and...God help us, Katie Price) it's not hard.

+1

At least in the days when throwing Christians to lions was classed as entertainment the Christians didn't worship the lions, and weren't queuing up to be thrown to them.

Guest theboltonfury
If that's true, then we're suffering from cultural sepsis. I actually think t.v. is a reflection of something much narrower, how the new old-boys networks function. It's the same sorts of people all the time. Look at even the supposedly more intellectually stimulating stuff and you see the same faces trotted out. Stephen Fry positioning himself as a modern Oscar Wilde via Douglas Adams, except he's not up to the job. It's not just the stuff with mass appeal - it's just most obvious there. The only good original show I've seen this year was The Wire, a U.S import. No significant documentary series in the same league as Civilization or
or
. There really needs to be someone tackling the history of the cold war in that way. The people are still alive, the stories are amazing. People like the Russian submarine commander who saved the world by disobeying orders during the Cuban missile crisis. He was ordered to attack and sink a U.S aircraft carrier and he said No.

Not doubting that, but I'm surprised it's taken nearly 50 years for him to admit that.

If that's true, then we're suffering from cultural sepsis. I actually think t.v. is a reflection of something much narrower, how the new old-boys networks function. It's the same sorts of people all the time. Look at even the supposedly more intellectually stimulating stuff and you see the same faces trotted out. Stephen Fry positioning himself as a modern Oscar Wilde via Douglas Adams, except he's not up to the job. It's not just the stuff with mass appeal - it's just most obvious there. The only good original show I've seen this year was The Wire, a U.S import. No significant documentary series in the same league as Civilization or
or
. There really needs to be someone tackling the history of the cold war in that way. The people are still alive, the stories are amazing. People like the Russian submarine commander who saved the world by disobeying orders during the Cuban missile crisis. He was ordered to attack and sink a U.S aircraft carrier and he said No.

Yes, it's a drift towards sheer laziness in terms of research, effort and taste to be honest. It's like having a fridge full of gourmet food but deciding on a Big Mac or a KFC every night because you cannot be arsed to cook, the results of which are a social flabbiness which as time goes by gets harder and harder to get rid of.

I'm not saying there is no place for it, but the balance between stimulating and articulate media and the chav-pleasing "text your vote now and subsidise this shit" garbage is getting beyond a joke now.

I openly admit I will watch Antiques Roadshow, Question Time, Mastermind, University Challenge, programes a lot of my mates call fartish but one of the main reasons I watch them is that they are full of people who may not be at the top of the social ladder but are usually half decent people who are interested and enthusiastic about their topic rather than the type of Gunnery Seargent Hartman toss-pot like I saw last night on Masterchef who nearly made a grown man cry because of his unacceptable spun sugar for Christs sake.

I know I would be far more interested in watching a man who prevented a global cataclysm by using his humanity before his rank than a man who is willing to bend over and be mentally rogered on national television because he couldn't perfect a f*cking pudding garnish :angry:

To use a film quote that described this far more eloquently than I can (I recommend it highly by the way):

"To those who say people wouldn't look; they wouldn't be interested; they're too complacent, indifferent and insulated, I can only reply: There is, in one reporter's opinion, considerable evidence against that contention. But even if they are right, what have they got to lose? Because if they are right, and this instrument is good for nothing but to entertain, amuse and insulate, then the tube is flickering now and we will soon see that the whole struggle is lost. This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and it can even inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it is merely wires and lights in a box. Good night, and good luck."

E. R. Murrow. Goodnight and Good Luck

Goodnight and Good Luck is great. Ed Murrow had an amazing career. He stood on the roof of a building in the middle of the blitz in London broadcasting to the U.S descriptions of what was happening.

He's a bit of a hero of mine to be honest. I read he actually went up in one of the bombers on a raid more than once so as he could report it as accurately as possible. Considering how often they fell out of the sky not only was he a reporting Olympian he had balls of pure titanium.

Not having a TV, I use the internet to watch programmes; it takes an effort to select what you want to watch rather than just sitting down and channel hopping.

My viewing now consists of

Top Gear - BBC

Grand designs - Channel 4

CSI because the wife likes it - Five

Derren Brown - Channel 4

My favourite - Come dine with me - Channel 4

So I wouldn't really miss the BBC if they didn't exist.

IT GETS WORSE! try watching Kerry Katona and her fly on the wall show.Stupid fat, deluded,foul mouthed coke head.Car crash tv at its worst. :(

Guest eight
He's a bit of a hero of mine to be honest. I read he actually went up in one of the bombers on a raid more than once so as he could report it as accurately as possible. Considering how often they fell out of the sky not only was he a reporting Olympian he had balls of pure titanium.

Well David Strathairn did also play the base commander in Memphis Belle. So maybe he's following Ed Murrow around?

eight

Well David Strathairn did also play the base commander in Memphis Belle. So maybe he's following Ed Murrow around?

eight

:lol: Outstanding memory sir!

One of my favourite films that too though looking a bit dated now. Did you know that was supposed to be Lancasters but because it was American funded they insisted on B17's?

Bring on the Dambusters remake.

I happened to be at Reuters UK news agency ( http://uk.reuters.com/ ) site earlier.

A search for Bilderberg there ( http://search.uk.reuters.com/query/?q=Bilderberg&s=UK ) resulted in a link to one article - which brings a Page Not Found error.

Another search for Susan Boyle ( http://search.uk.reuters.com/query/?q=Susan%20Boyle&s=UK ) brought 154 results.

Bilderberg, for those who are unaware, is an annual gathering of in excess of 100 globalists who meet in secret surrounded by huge security arrangements and is considered by many to be a conduit of a shadow world government.

Susan Boyle is a warbling lump o' lard who shot to prominence last year in one of many contrived Brit TV talent shows.

A great majority of the masses are controlled by what they see and read on and in mainstream media TV and print. That's why so many of them are far more familiar with totally useless news, plotlines of soaps, the inane lives of so-called celebrities and endless other rubbish that's purposefully shoved under their collective noses rather than matters of real consequence.

Guest happy?
I happened to be at Reuters UK news agency ( http://uk.reuters.com/ ) site earlier.

A search for Bilderberg there ( http://search.uk.reuters.com/query/?q=Bilderberg&s=UK ) resulted in a link to one article - which brings a Page Not Found error.

Another search for Susan Boyle ( http://search.uk.reuters.com/query/?q=Susan%20Boyle&s=UK ) brought 154 results.

Bilderberg, for those who are unaware, is an annual gathering of in excess of 100 globalists who meet in secret surrounded by huge security arrangements and is considered by many to be a conduit of a shadow world government.

Susan Boyle is a warbling lump o' lard who shot to prominence last year in one of many contrived Brit TV talent shows.

A great majority of the masses are controlled by what they see and read on and in mainstream media TV and print. That's why so many of them are far more familiar with totally useless news, plotlines of soaps, the inane lives of so-called celebrities and endless other rubbish that's purposefully shoved under their collective noses rather than matters of real consequence.

There can be few educated people who aren't aware of Bilderberg - it receives enormous amounts of coverage in most mainstream newspapers every year as well as extensive coverage from most major TV channels, and every conspiracy-nutter in town.

Susan Boyle on the other hand is popular partly because of her musical talent and partly because she articulates a dream of the plucky little gal getting a lucky break. It's somewhat analogous to the log-cabin to Whitehouse dream wrapped up in a room of the cynical being made to shut-up, sit-down, and take notice of someone who though not conventionally pretty ignored the taunts and sang. The song she sang was of course peculiarly well-suited - one might say autobiographical.

The dream has now been commodified and packaged for the Christmas market. And if this secures a financial future for her I shan't resent it.

As to Bildeberg - it's no secret - it's simply a groupthink meet. But that's a lot shorter, simpler and less boring than your masturbatory conspiracy.