House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Community Support Officers - Good Idea Or Not?

It's yet another way to try and massage reality.

Spend more than any government before you: and try and meet necessary targets on essential services by employing unqualified people at far less cost.

Same with HCAs (Hospital Care Assistants) instead of nurses.

"I'm afraid, Mr Brown you have Brain Tumour. Now I do realise that the fact you actually have a brain will come as a big surprise to the 60 odd million which make up the UK population!

Ha ha!

We surgeons always find a joke at times such as these relaxes the patient!

Never fear! The NHS has spent billions of your kindly allocated taxes on ensuring we are at the forefront of global Neurosurgery! We'll soon have you better.

Now allow me to introduce your surgeon who will carry out this demanding operation; his name is Kevin.

Nice man: previously he worked in an abbatoir: but thanks to your blind support of EU insanity, his abbatoir was closed and the work transferred to Poland.

However, young Kev took advantage of one of your Mickey Mouse Government retraining courses and after just six weeks, re-qualified as a Neurosurgeon.

And I must say I've never, in 40 years of experience, ever seen a trapaned skull opened so fast and a brain popped out!

Amazing!

We are, to be fair, trying to dissuade young Kev from using his stainless steel chainsaw so much. But heh! old habits die hard as it were Mr Brown!

Would you like a tranquilizer now Mr Brown?

Mr Brown?"

:o

It's yet another way to try and massage reality.

Spend more than any government before you: and try and meet necessary targets on essential services by employing unqualified people at far less cost.

Same with HCAs (Hospital Care Assistants) instead of nurses.

"I'm afraid, Mr Brown you have Brain Tumour. Now I do realise that the fact you actually have a brain will come as a big surprise to the 60 odd million which make up the UK population!

Ha ha!

We surgeons always find a joke at times such as these relaxes the patient!

Never fear! The NHS has spent billions of your kindly allocated taxes on ensuring we are at the forefront of global Neurosurgery! We'll soon have you better.

Now allow me to introduce your surgeon who will carry out this demanding operation; his name is Kevin.

Nice man: previously he worked in an abbatoir: but thanks to your blind support of EU insanity, his abbatoir was closed and the work transferred to Poland.

However, young Kev took advantage of one of your Mickey Mouse Government retraining courses and after just six weeks, re-qualified as a Neurosurgeon.

And I must say I've never, in 40 years of experience, ever seen a trapaned skull opened so fast and a brain popped out!

Amazing!

We are, to be fair, trying to dissuade young Kev from using his stainless steel chainsaw so much. But heh! old habits die hard as it were Mr Brown!

Would you like a tranquilizer now Mr Brown?

Mr Brown?"

:o

N E U R O S U R G E O N 's

ASST. LAY-OPERATIVE

Guest P-Diddly

I thought these were like traffic wardens that could ticket you for urinating in a public place too?

Yep, this happens - even in relatively quiet places like Norwich.

I know of someone who, only 2 weeks ago took a photo of the local police station for a community project. They'd waited till no people were in the shot, and the PCSO who'd parked the car had gone inside, so noone needed to give permission to have their photo taken.

Photo taken, and walking away - a PCSO runs up and asks what the photo was of, and why it was being taken. Requests for the removal of the photo due to terrorism risks - photo deleted, and instead a picture of the local police station was procured from good old Google Streetview instead.

It's complete madness, and riles people up, when PCSOs are supposed to be there to encourage feelings of safety and goodwill to the police force etc. When PCSOs act like that it just creates unease and ill will.

I suspect that a lot of them are people who think they have more power than they do, and like to throw their weight about a bit. It's people like that who shouldn't be PCSOs...

They all just need to be sworn in (attested) as special constables. Sorted.

they would need more training for that, and that costs, all this govt is interested in is that it looks like more police are out there. well of course they are police, police staff, but not constables, and its only a constable (in law) that has the powers.

i also question why pcsos are given proper marked police vehicles to drive, they should not be using any vehicle that is not marked PCSO, otherwise more confusion for the public.

i think more than one force issues cuffs to PCSOs, BTP do for a start, i'm pretty sure other forces give them cuffs.

some forces give them a uniform with checkered caps like constables.

it really is a simple trick by Govt to fool everyone into thinking theres more police than there really is, but sadly the crims know whats what, its just the public that get fooled.

either convert PCSOs to constable powers and give them all the kit or, far more sensibly, convert the whole lot of them to p/t constables on pro rata salary - those who cant manage on p/t money will have to find another job, harsh but necessary to end this ridiculous neither fish nor fowl arrangement that only the crackers NuLabour lot of dreamers could actually put into reality, the same as they invent money they invent silly ideas. and coming soon...highways officers who do you for speeding and other offences, more cops on the cheap.

all these cops on the cheap, all these PCSOs and Specials putting themselves on the line (or not, sometimes) for lower wages or zero wages respectively, just so a the MPs and tools in Govt can rake in huge salaries, its obscene really. lets cut the salaries of the MPs and give the PCSOs constable roles and constable salaries, they're far more deserving than some tits in Westminster (in the main, with a few exceptions)

ps whats the PCSO doing on a bicycle with flashing front and rear lamps, your red rear lamp and front white lamp are not supposed to flash on a bicycle !! yet the PCSOs' are !! you couldnt make it up

Guest P-Diddly
ps whats the PCSO doing on a bicycle with flashing front and rear lamps, your red rear lamp and front white lamp are not supposed to flash on a bicycle !! yet the PCSOs' are !! you couldnt make it up

Blues and twos! They're on a mission!

they would need more training for that, and that costs, all this govt is interested in is that it looks like more police are out there. well of course they are police, police staff, but not constables, and its only a constable (in law) that has the powers.

quote]

But special constables only get four weekends training before attestation. PCSOs get five weeks training so are better trained than special constables.

But special constables only get four weekends training before attestation. PCSOs get five weeks training so are better trained than special constables.

its four weekends on self defence, the remainder is spread over anything from 3 weeks to 18 weekends afaik

Guest P-Diddly
Q: How fast can they run?

And is any of their kit worth nicking?

'part from that, don't care.

Really rough estate in the West Country. The officer in charge of this criminal carnage had two cars stolen and subsequently burned out, the force got sick of this so they gave him a bicycle . . . which got nicked too, so he ended up walking everywhere.

This tells you everything you need to know about PCSOs.

It appears that Englishman can now be harrassed in the street by some kind of fascist foreign police force. If this is acceptable vote Liblabcon, or ConservaLabocrats, or if you like the Labconlieralist party. :rolleyes:

God, what a ***** that Chinese piece of shit was. The kind of ignorant ******* who deserves a ******ing good kicking.

its four weekends on self defence, the remainder is spread over anything from 3 weeks to 18 weekends afaik

No, its only four weekends general training before attestation for special constables. Then its ad hoc training and completion of a log book during probationary period. PCSOs are better trained but are not attested because of objections from the police federation because of the lower pay rates than constables. The federation know that once and if a PCSO is attested they are as good as a full time police constable hence the objections.

Guest P-Diddly
God, what a ***** that Chinese piece of shit was. The kind of ignorant ******* who deserves a ******ing good kicking.

You will wespect ma authoriteh!

Kultural thing. Chinese? Look at their society. It's what I warn the PC brigade about. Think about the cultural background of those you are letting into your country first.

ps whats the PCSO doing on a bicycle with flashing front and rear lamps, your red rear lamp and front white lamp are not supposed to flash on a bicycle !!

That would have been the high-speed pursuit model. Anti-chafe saddle; fireproof tyres and 2" wiper blade on the front light.

Note how he is deliberately provacative.

Starts with "why are you filming"

Raises argument level/provocation with direct order >

"You are not allowed to film here - you are NOT a tourist!"

Then becomes even more provacative/raised voice/snapping - to try and get chance for a reaction and an excuse for arrest!

BROWN-SHIRTS!

No, its only four weekends general training before attestation for special constables. Then its ad hoc training and completion of a log book during probationary period. PCSOs are better trained but are not attested because of objections from the police federation because of the lower pay rates than constables. The federation know that once and if a PCSO is attested they are as good as a full time police constable hence the objections.

thats not the information for the forces known to me, where the training is

specials 21 days plus 4 weekend days self-def etc

regs/salaried 24 weeks or some areas less weeks, then on-division/borough training

completion of what you call the log book is common to most forces pre ind/p/s, pcso, special & salaried

theres ongoing (ad hoc as you term it) for all roles civilian, special, salaried, some recur every 6mths, some every year, some every 3, new procedures training ongoing for all grades from pcso to chief supt for whole of service/career

That would have been the high-speed pursuit model. Anti-chafe saddle; fireproof tyres and 2" wiper blade on the front light.

only constables can request priority through traffic using blue lights and/or audible warning device on any mode of transport, these pcsos were on bicycles with front & rear ordinary lights but they were set to flash or pulse which is contrary to the RTA :lol: unless its been amended + no one told me! your bicycle must have a solid white to front, and solid red to rear with reflector, no flashing/pulsing/etc

this website says (right side) flashing LEDs are legal...news to me, but maybe they're right...apparently law changed Oct 2005

http://www.freelights.co.uk/

this is apparently the 2005 law amendment but i cant fathom it out, not got my legal brain on tonight

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20052559.htm

Regulation 6 amends regulation 13 of the 1989 Regulations so as to permit pedal cycles or trailers drawn by, or a sidecar attached to, a pedal cycle to be fitted with front and rear position lamps which flash. In the case of lamps which must be fitted pursuant to regulation 18, lamps must, when flashing, produce a light with an intensity of not less than 4 candelas.

Regulation 7 amends regulation 18 of the 1989 Regulations so as to exempt obligatory front and rear position lamps which flash and are fitted to a pedal cycle or a trailer drawn by, or a sidecar attached to, a pedal cycle from the marking requirements in paragraph 5© and (ca) of Schedule 2 and paragraph 5(d) and (e) of Schedule 10 provided they are not also capable of emitting a steady light.

daft boy, here u go, not 4 weekends ! just plucked herts at random, too tired to do a crawl with other examples...

http://www.hertspolicecareers.co.uk/roles/...s/training.aspx

obviously i've no connection at all to hertspol etc.

if any force has condensed it to 4 weekends i am gobsmacked.

specials get training that the pcsos wont get in self-def and law etc

but the answer isnt more specials, the answer is more paid constables,

pcso arent gonna want to become unpaid specials :lol: