House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Giordano Bruno

On Topic Panorama: Banks Behaving Badly?

well I would guess that much of the RBS bailout money has already been lost in the markets to banks like the vampire squid.

Bailout money.... coming to a Ferrari near you soon... still we let these polititians and bankers make these reckless bets with our money... we only have ourselves to blame!

Panorama. Bankers. Count me in.

Prior to that, and held over from last week is:

Your Money..Your Life ITV 8 - 8.30pm

Looking at savings, retirements, pensions through three families eyes.

Should get the resentment, anger and frustration nicely simmering for the bankers antics to come...

Edited by juvenal

well I would guess that much of the RBS bailout money has already been lost in the markets to banks like the vampire squid.

Bailout money.... coming to a Ferrari near you soon... still we let these polititians and bankers make these reckless bets with our money... we only have ourselves to blame!

Yes, and still no upset on the streets! How passive we all are...our masters must be amazed at their good fortune. Even the Dept CC of the Metropolitan Police can openly crow about how his force is "up to it and up for it" on the news prior to G20! You'll get more public unrest if England loose 4-0 to Argentina in the world cup and we Will, certainly, get the state we deserve as a result.

you would be better off watching this

link

link

link

Sigh.

2008 - evil bankers - lent out too much money and lost it

2009 - evil bankers - won't lend out money.

Gordon has put lots of money out there and is telling you (so you must believe it) that it was for lending - at the same time as raping the banks at 12% on pref shares and forcing them to pay through the nose to the government for 'money' they only needed (in a number of cases) because of government interference. And it's not the government's fault, no sirree, it's all those nasty men in suits - who all know George Osborne and he's been on their yachts (and they probably had Call Me Dave fagging for them at Eton).....

So vote labour kids.

There's your brief synopsis.

I think this will be slanted at the bad bankers who are not giving people 100% mortgages etc etc.

I think i contacted the producer about 6 weeks ago on this program as they were advertising on priced out i think. I think my talk on why are high prices are not good etc etc put her off, i never heard back !!!!! lol

so the first woman was losing money in her business. Other people called in their debts, and she blames RBS for pulling the plug when her cashflow was not as promised - whether for reasons in her control or not.

Christ, now she's going to get sued by Ray Davis as well for ruining one of his best songs.

now it's some retarded rubbish about how a bank advised someone how to minimise tax - entirely legally.....

and banks have offshore entities - no fkcuing way - who'd have thought that - entirely legally - I wonder if they'll make it clear about how most of Lloyds offshore structure is actually insurance related..... - now it's a noddy lesson in tax deferrals - entirely legally - what would the shareholders say if LTSB did NOT do this.

This is ********, this programme.

What a great idea.... borrow from bank of mom and dad to buy an overpriced house... :rolleyes:

And that message again from the media... hurry, you must go into big debt, to get onto that property "ladder".... :rolleyes:

Absolute madness.

next couple - think a mortgage at 5.5% when they are only putting down 10%...... - Christ almighty....

Agree. It's a disgrace, the banks expect them to chip in 25%... the cheek of these banks knows no limits! :rolleyes:

now it's nailing some pretty rubbish bank manager (not a banker) for spouting sales guff, which is not legally incorrect either and pretending that it was illegal (and using the talking head from HMRC to back it up).

This programme is an embarrassment - it started off showing just how biased it would be when the opening shots were chalkstriped up people sniffing wads of twenties....

The banks are using the excuse for their exploitative behavior that they will be able to pay back the tax payers

bailout money all the sooner. But where do they think the money comes from in the first place?

They are taking it off us with the left hand and giving it back with the right.

"It's pointless to talk of capping bonuses unless if you know a foolproof way of doing it"

Once again Boris Johnson seems to be talking sense.

Shame really, I can't stand the guy but he insists on talking sensibly.

Interesting that Mandelson said 'I should have guessed' when asked an embarrassing question by the BBC. Maybe not the Labour mouthpiece so many think it is? At least, Panorama isn't.

even the end shots were terrible - by 1984, no self-respecting bank robber would have used anything less than a Granada 2.8i Ghia X.

Panorama used to be a decent programme - now it's dumbed down for the spastic generation and they have to have little montages in the middle of it.....

Mandleslime "BBC Panorama, I might have guessed" banning cynicism from the interviewer. :lol:

Every time the banksters and politicians open their gobs they put their size elevens in them. They're an embarassment to themselves.