House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Can Anyone Tell Me What This Is?

It may be a badge of office worn by a qualified sommelier, or wine expert.

In fact, after Googling Images 'sommelier badge of office', I'm certain it is. Collectable.

It may be a badge of office worn by a qualified sommelier, or wine expert.

In fact, after Googling Images 'sommelier badge of office', I'm certain it is. Collectable.

thx J, its about 12cm in size though! pretty big badge! got 3 protruding things at back and a key ring, the grapes hook round at the base, I was thinking corkscrew hook

edit

i cant find that when i search google images, i think u r havin a laff naughty j

Your favourite toy?

A constant remainder that she is the only one?

p-o-p

I shiver at the thought, and

[nervous chuckle] thankfully not,

think prosaic.

thx J, its about 12cm in size though! pretty big badge! got 3 protruding things at back and a key ring, the grapes hook round at the base, I was thinking corkscrew hook

edit

i cant find that when i search google images, i think u r havin a laff naughty j

These came off Google Images 'sommelier badge'. People collect these in pewter, gold, silver.

How about this then?

mystery-object-1.jpg

My guess is the same trade. Lightly clamped around the neck of a wine bottle, and turned, it neatly cuts the neck foil on wine and champagne bottles. Very elegant.

My guess is the same trade. Lightly clamped around the neck of a wine bottle, and turned, it neatly cuts the neck foil on wine and champagne bottles. Very elegant.

No, but you're certainly edging in the right direction (ie consumption of some sort).

br1.jpg

any ideas?

It's a radiator badge from the British Association of Drunk Drivers ("It's 4am, I've had 7 pints and I'm driving along the motorway at 120mph with not another car in sight: what harm am I doing?")

It's a radiator badge from the British Association of Drunk Drivers ("It's 4am, I've had 7 pints and I'm driving along the motorway at 120mph with not another car in sight: what harm am I doing?")

:)

everyone but apr400 look away now

i got it, its a egg cracker for fry ups

egg cracker (prevents yolk breakage)

or

egg fisher from boiling water

or

eyelash curler for garage mechanics

edit - just seen your reply, egg topper, i was not too far, now if someone could invent a way to crack an egg without breaking the yolk a foolproof way