House Price Crash Forum
Godley

Oil Price Set To Rocket

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8266200.stm

Anybody out there still thinking we are not going to experience high inflation better start thinking again. So much of this is reminscent of 70's Britain all we need now is an oil shock.................If it can't be engineered through the markets on the basis of supply and demand a good old war should do it.

Better start preparing now if you haven't already.

+1

I've started drilling for oil in my living room.

Guest P-Diddly
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8266200.stm

Anybody out there still thinking we are not going to experience high inflation better start thinking again. So much of this is reminscent of 70's Britain all we need now is an oil shock.................If it can't be engineered through the markets on the basis of supply and demand a good old war should do it.

Yes, I'm pretty certain global thermonuclear war would sort out demand . . . for everything . . . by everyone.

Ah, but not everyone seems to agree with that view...

Short term price collapse due to overstocking, longer term price hikes due to underproduction. Both compatible. Markets so detached from reality you'd be made to trade anything.

Between who?

Us, and these super flying terrorists from the future:

515893890ec124438dia5.jpg

They hide on the moon, with hidden weapons of mass destruction, which could destroy London within 9 hours of launch.

It will be very expensive [and profitable :ph34r: ] to send our troops to the moon, but we must do so, to prevent another terrorist attack.

Instead, he called on heads of government to get involved.

"I think it is our role to... force people in charge of our countries to think about this concern we have."

Interesting choice of words.

Guest P-Diddly

They hide on the moon, with hidden weapons of mass destruction, which could destroy London within 9 hours of launch.

It will be very expensive [and profitable :ph34r: ] to send our troops to the moon, but we must do so, to prevent another terrorist attack.

Left hand row, second from the back. There's a fat one struggling to get off the ground.

+1

I've started drilling for oil in my living room.

Found any yet ?

All I`ve got is a few holes in my carpet, and my drill has started to make a funny noise.

Maybe I should oil my drill instead, then go and buy a new carpet.

Guest P-Diddly
Found any yet ?

All I`ve got is a few holes in my carpet, and my drill has started to make a funny noise.

Maybe I should oil my drill instead, then go and buy a new carpet.

Increase the flow of drilling mud, more feathers.

Increase the flow of drilling mud, more feathers.

I knew a bloke who was a mud-pusher. He was about seven feet tall and much the same across the shoulders. I never make any funny remarks about his job title.

p-o-p

Short term the market could fall to the end of the year, but De Margerie is talking about a lot of things really. He is my work this guy. So I wont say too much. Supply-demand crunch by 2014-15? Well, only if you believe in a recovery of demand, ie in developing economies.

Great subject i could talk about it all night. I mean only eighteen months ago these people were looking to $200/bl and now they are worried it might go to $50/bl by Dec. They seriously don't know much more than you do, they are just glorified accountants.

Edited by Coolfonz

Yes, I'm pretty certain global thermonuclear war would sort out demand . . . for everything . . . by everyone.

Free energy for everyone. A dream come true.

"Tibetan monks celebrate anniversary of Chinese liberation with crowd pleasing line levitating performance."

Between who?

it's a biggie.

potentially we are looking at a conflict with russia and china.

I just don't know whether they are going to hold fire for a while and let the arab states take the flack first,or whether they are all going to pile in together.The former would seem more likely,and would also spur europe as a state into being rather less reliant on US support and to start building up the EU military machine proper.

there will certainly be a fairly large conflict between europe and the islamic states quite soon.Uncle sam will step in and assist on this one.

however I don't know whether this particular conflict will be the one with the really big firework display.

I think it's fairly safe to assume there will be some nasty germs doing the rounds.

Edited by oracle

Short term the market could fall to the end of the year, but De Margerie is talking about a lot of things really. He is my work this guy. So I wont say too much. Supply-demand crunch by 2014-15? Well, only if you believe in a recovery of demand, ie in developing economies.

Great subject i could talk about it all night. I mean only eighteen months ago these people were looking to $200/bl and now they are worried it might go to $50/bl by Dec. They seriously don't know much more than you do, they are just glorified accountants.

Its a simple mathematics equation

Add up the cumulative additions of large oil projects between now and 2015 and subtract the cumulative field declines and we basically have a situation where oil supply is falling.

biofuels, gas to liquids, and electric cars won't fill the gap.