House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bingobob777

Rpi

This is a answer I would like to know aswell as I am considering in investing in more index linked bonds.

As last years massive interest rate cuts drop out of the figure would I be correct in expecting RPI to spike especially with the falling £?

It's modeled to reflect the average cost of a repayment mortgage.

It will therefore be some sort of blended rate of SVRs, base rate trackers, and fixed rates over the past 2-5 years.

Hmm, that's about the best I could come up with, is there an actual definition of what is used as per the CPI?

Hmm, that's about the best I could come up with, is there an actual definition of what is used as per the CPI?

I haven't been able to find one, but I would expect they use CML data to build a basket of loan types. If you take a look over the CML data you should be able to find out. I would expect it's something like 40% fixed, 30% trackers, 30% SVR.

The RPI is whatever the bankers and politicians want it to be.

:lol: yep and always has been.

They need high inflation so high inflation it will be.

All those still in work (the vast majority) had better start clueing in and negotiating a bigger pay rise. Most of what we make and sell is 30% cheaper now so why not go for a 15% pay rise, split the differance with ya bosses!!!!!

I've bought some index-linked bonds as it's:

- tax free

- capital-protected

- guaranteed minimum %age

RPI is actually going up relatively fast (1 point last month - about 0.5%) and is almost guaranteed to be up next year (barring another deflationary surge like we saw at the beginning of the year).

In addition VAT will have to come back in at some point.

- tax free

- capital-protected

RPI is actually going up relatively fast (1 point last month - about 0.5%) and is almost guaranteed to be up next year (barring another deflationary surge like we saw at the beginning of the year).

In addition VAT will have to come back in at some point.

Yep - I reckon we're near the trough for RPI, I've added to my index-linked bonds.

- tax free

- capital-protected

Is that National Savings, or have you found something that avoids lending your money to the scumbags in government?