House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingBingo

Madness

This is madness, how does it serve the public to lock up this pretty little teacher and put her on the sex offenders register, there is no victim here!

And yes, the picture is of the teacher, not the student.

article-1207444-06191BEE000005DC-843_233x920.jpg

A teenage girl at a top public school says she is ‘in love’ with a music teacher who has been charged with sex offences.

The child has vowed to continue their 'relationship' when she is 16, despite Helen Goddard, 26, facing a possible jail sentence.

Goddard, a trumpeter known as ‘the jazz lady’ by her pupils at the £13,000-a-year City of London School for Girls, yesterday admitted in court that she started a relationship with the girl earlier this year.

The pair had met at the school and started going for coffee after lessons.

It later became sexual, but the school did not become suspicious until an anonymous tip-off last month.

When police and social services went to the pupil’s home, they were told she was staying with Goddard, a one-time child prodigy who played at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Sydney in 2000.

Goddard was later arrested and a number of sex toys were found at her home in Greenwich, South-East London.

School headmistress Diana Vernon sent emergency text messages to parents alerting them to the scandal and put a letter on the school website explaining that ‘an alleged inappropriate relationship with one of our students’ had been reported to the police.

A source close to the case said: ‘This relationship started as friendship as they had known each other for three years, but then progressed to something more at the start of this year.

‘The girl says she is in love with Miss Goddard and it has been made clear that once the girl turns 16 the relationship will continue, but they are obviously not together at the moment.

‘The school was abuzz with gossip about it, and the school authorities found out about it from anonymous information.

‘Police and social services went round to the girl’s house on July 10 but she was at Miss Goddard’s house.

'The following day she disclosed the relationship to her mother. Clearly though, since the girl is underage this is illegal.’

t is not known whether the girl’s parents approve of her intention to continue the 'relationship'.

Sexual activity with a child under 13 is always deemed to be assault as those so young are held to be incapable of giving consent. Those over 13 are capable of consenting, but sexual activity with them remains illegal, particularly for their teachers.

Looking much younger than her 26 years and with her hair dyed blonde, Goddard pleaded guilty to six charges of sexual activity with a child at Southwark Crown Court yesterday.

Although the case was adjourned for pre-sentence reports, she was ordered to sign the sexual offenders’ register. It is unlikely she will ever be able to work as a school teacher again.

Goddard was brought up in Farnborough, Hampshire, where she played the trumpet from an early age. She was a member of Hampshire County Youth Band as a teenager.

As one of only five young English musicians invited to play at the Sydney Olympics ceremony, she raised funds to cover her air fare and practised 13 hours a day for weeks prior to the ceremony.

Neighbours in Farnborough described her as a talented but timid girl.

One said: ‘Helen is such a quiet girl and all we heard was that she was in a spot of trouble.

‘Her parents have acted in a very protective way and I think they believe it’s a misunderstanding and it will all eventually be sorted out.’

The school, which is in the concrete Barbican complex, is managed by the City of London Corporation. It suspended Goddard during the police inquiry and it is likely she will be sacked.

The City of London School for Girls – which goes under the motto ‘Domine Dirige Nos’, Lord, Lead Us – was founded in 1894 and now has around 670 pupils aged from five to 18.

Notable alumni include singer Dido and Claire Rayner.

Goddard will be sentenced on September 21.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...l#ixzz0Rk1T6VbZ

Guest happy?
This is madness, how does it serve the public to lock up this pretty little teacher and put her on the sex offenders register, there is no victim here!

And yes, the picture is of the teacher, not the student.

article-1207444-06191BEE000005DC-843_233x920.jpg

Frankly I don't like the tenor of your posting. She's an adult and clearly doesn't need you to blow her trumpet.

Guest P-Diddly

The City of London School for Girls – which goes under the motto ‘Domine Dirige Nosh’

Frankly I don't like the tenor of your posting. She's an adult and clearly doesn't need you to blow her trumpet.

what about the baroness who employed an illegal? is her crime any less one of "one should behave better in a position of power"

Guest happy?
what about the baroness who employed an illegal? is her crime any less one of "one should behave better in a position of power"

More importantly: who are we to intervene if she's wants to give pupils extra lessons on the finer points of fingering?

Looking much younger than her 26 years

WTF?

I know living in London probably ages you more quickly, in fact most city dwellers seem to age faster, but im 25 and look the same as i did when i was 18, so do most people i know. Its the 30s you got to watch out for.

I think there are always genuine cases when two people fall in love, regardless of age and relationship. That male teacher who went through the same thing is married and has two kids to the girl he was found guilty of.

But as a general rule you can't have teachers sleeping with under age kids. Full stop. And she has to do her time as a deterent to the other people who maybe would take advantage. It's a no-brainer really.

I just want to see some gender equality now in how she is sentenced and then hounded for the rest of her life, perhaps a vigilante attack or something.

What do you reckon to this Ms Harman??

Guest P-Diddly
Looking much younger than her 26 years

WTF?

I know living in London probably ages you more quickly, in fact most city dwellers seem to age faster, but im 25 and look the same as i did when i was 18, so do most people i know. Its the 30s you got to watch out for.

That's because you use Olay for men you metrosexual you.

I think there are always genuine cases when two people fall in love, regardless of age and relationship. That male teacher who went through the same thing is married and has two kids to the girl he was found guilty of.

But as a general rule you can't have teachers sleeping with under age kids. Full stop. And she has to do her time as a deterent to the other people who maybe would take advantage. It's a no-brainer really.

+1, as you say.

Otherwise even more pervs would become teachers.

So we should put her in jail to make a point, even if there is no victim?

Is that justice, I fail to see a shred of decency or justice there.

Guest P-Diddly

I'm not sure this is what it seems. I struggling to believe this to be honest. Would not be surprised if the teacher has been falsely accused.

Guest happy?

Can I do the joke about locking her up in an all women's prison? This thread seems very po-faced to me.

Its just another example of the sex victim culture of overreaction we have developed in this country over the last 10 years.

Its always this paranoia about 'what if' and how we must ruin innocent peoples lives to make a point.

The judge will have to make the punishment appropriate for the offence. Whatever that is. You can't let 'some' people off, that would cause a nightmare in legal procedure. Graham Rix was no threat to kids, but he did six months for sleeping with a 15 year old, and he wasn't even her teacher.

Who decides who we should let off or send to prison? It has to be fair.

If she was not a slim, attractive young blonde but an over-weight 'dragon' with a crewcut in her 50s would the reaction be different from many of the males who read that story?

It is a difficult question, I think, for men to answer honestly as, even decades later, most men, if honest, will admit to 'awakening sexuality' memories when a teenager of a female teacher that they fancied and fantasised about.

The bottom line though, is that we have laws in place to protect our children - heck, we even fight wars to protect our children and their futures - and what this teacher did, whether she was male or female, is wrong.

However, that will not stop many thinking of her crime differently to a similar one caused by an older and less attractive woman or a male.

People need to ask themselves why that is so?

Its just another example of the sex victim culture of overreaction we have developed in this country over the last 10 years.
so, if this was a good looking 26 year old bloke teacher shagging the **** off your 15 year old daughter (who's his pupil), then you'd be happy would you ? Or what if it were your 15 year old son getting his ring split by his form master ?

Get real - irrespective of anything else, the rules are you don't touch the kids - she's a grown up - the child is a child - she's a teacher and she's supposed to deal with it. She failed - she broke the law, she goes to prison.

Teachers shouldn't be knobbing/noshing the students. From what I have been told the kids are busy enough rogering each other senseless without getting the teachers involved too.

The judge will have to make the punishment appropriate for the offence. Whatever that is. You can't let 'some' people off, that would cause a nightmare in legal procedure. Graham Rix was no threat to kids, but he did six months for sleeping with a 15 year old, and he wasn't even her teacher.

Who decides who we should let off or send to prison? It has to be fair.

Both parties choose to be intimate, how is ruining one of their lives and sending them to jail even remotely fair?

Your not considering this case, your just looking to make a point. The way the system works these days its madness.

Guest P-Diddly
Or else i looked 40 when i was 18, what comes of being a alcoholic smoker from the age of 3.

I was a heavy drinker from aged 11 to about 14. Serious obesity at a young age because of it. Hate booze now.