House Price Crash Forum

GB has revealed drastic cuts - thousands of senior posts to go

They are all in a tizzy now

Say a 'senior post' costs £100,000 pa.

You would need to get rid of 10,000 of these just to reduce expenditure by £1bn.

Not much when the PSBR is heading to £200bn this year.

Phone rang, so I missed it, but the bit I did see said:

Ed Balls has said 3000 senior teaching jobs have to go - these can go by merging schools etc.

Then they dragged out a raft of quick i nterviews with mums at schools to get their feedback and, of course, they said it was pants.

But all the parties are apparently now stating exactly how they will be repaying the massive debt, rather than skirting round it.

Say a 'senior post' costs £100,000 pa.

You would need to get rid of 10,000 of these just to reduce expenditure by £1bn.

Not much when the PSBR is heading to £200bn this year.

Every little helps.. plus, if the common man is going to suffer a blood sacrifice higher up will always go down well.

Jeez, i do hate to see some over paid lazy ar*ed public sector bod on a 6 figure leeching salary/pension get the booy, b ut hey, do you think this will have any sort of negative effect on house prices ?

I mean, prices are going up dont you know and lots of people, and the express, have told me so. :P

GB has revealed drastic cuts - thousands of senior posts to go

They are all in a tizzy now

I dont want to disappoint you but even GB sacked a million public sector workers earning £30,000 a year the net savings is only £30 billion. The bank bailouts cost much, much more than that. Higher taxes anyone.

Edited by up2nogood

So they sack people, give them big pensions and big redundancy pay-offs... and then re-hire them the following day as 800 per day consultants? Or...

Another way you can look at this - NuLabour realise they are going to be chucked out at the next election so they now start 'paying off' all their supporters they put in very well-paid Public Sector jobs by giving them peerages, jobs on QUANGOs, and big redundancy pay-offs, fat pensions?

Bush did this prior to the ast US election, British Governments have been doing this for years once they know the game is up.

Better for Labour to pension off their cronies now and hence give them very favourable redundancy packages and pensions than wait for the Tories to get in and for the Tories to give them next to nothing! Labour activists know that they are about to enter into a decade of opposition where they will no longer be able to give each other the lucrative jobs and nonsense posts that pay six figures

Cronyism is cronyism IMPO!

So they sack people, give them big pensions and big redundancy pay-offs... and then re-hire them the following day as 800 per day consultants? Or...

Another way you can look at this - NuLabour realise they are going to be chucked out at the next election so they now start 'paying off' all their supporters they put in very well-paid Public Sector jobs by giving them peerages, jobs on QUANGOs, and big redundancy pay-offs, fat pensions?

Bush did this prior to the ast US election, British Governments have been doing this for years once they know the game is up.

Better for Labour to pension off their cronies now and hence give them very favourable redundancy packages and pensions than wait for the Tories to get in and for the Tories to give them next to nothing! Labour activists know that they are about to enter into a decade of opposition where they will no longer be able to give each other the lucrative jobs and nonsense posts that pay six figures

Cronyism is cronyism IMPO!

Ed Balls has said 3000 senior teaching jobs have to go - these can go by merging schools etc.

Then they dragged out a raft of quick i nterviews with mums at schools to get their feedback and, of course, they said it was pants.

But all the parties are apparently now stating exactly how they will be repaying the massive debt, rather than skirting round it.

Umm. Ed Balls and the Department of Education does not employ any teachers directly. They work either for Local Authorities or Academies. Does this mean he is proposing that his department is going to take over direct administration of school budgets. Whose going to do this job then, more Civil servants ?

I would have thought there was a huge amount of money to be saved before they even got near senior teachers.

These should be the last cuts announced, not the first. Doesn't bode well - we're going to be keeping the waste, and throwing out the value.

Guest happy?
Umm. Ed Balls and the Department of Education does not employ any teachers directly. They work either for Local Authorities or Academies. Does this mean he is proposing that his department is going to take over direct administration of school budgets. Whose going to do this job then, more Civil servants ?

The NUT pointed-out that devolving management of schools had been counter-productive as academies and the like were unable to negotiate the larger discounts that centralised management had previously done.

There's a lot of bankers' bonuses to paid for Mrs Smith and your son's deputy head will be making a futile gesture.

Edited by happy?

Who cares about a few thousand quangocrats.

Much more disturbing is the governments figures clearly showing they are relying on hidden hikes in taxation.

It's labours tax bombshell, and all this nonsense about cuts is but a smokescreen to hide their real unpalatable solution.

We all know it.

Ive switched from the HPC camp to the OMFG WAR is the only answer.

When I started on HPC i jusxt wanted a decent affordable house in line with my income.

Now I want to escape death and oppressive govermental control.

Jesus, I hate this site, why does it always have to be right,

When I started on HPC i jusxt wanted a decent affordable house in line with my income.

I've managed to escape death to date, and I can only imagine it is down to this forum.

Speaking as an ex Icesaver, this is the only place i go to for matters economic.

5 star post.

And how many workers for the £1.4 trillion liability assumed for the banking bailout?

Oh - we don't have enough population to sack.

Printy printy.

And I suspect that tonight a hell of a lot of people (even the non mathematically inclined) went "uh - oh."

HPC.co.uk is an instrument of the Devil

Edited by Si1

They have been preparing the population for the long overdue cuts in the public sector. Once these cuts happen, it will make public sector workers angry, their anger will be directed towards the benefits culture of chavs, disability claimants and single mothers. This will provide the political cover for more cuts in the benefits system. This will make benefit claimants angry, and their anger will be directed towards the asocials and immigrants, this will provide political cover for more cuts. Once the divide and conquer phase has begun the elites will be in a position to impose large tax rises on the population, who are now divided against each other, unable to unite in opposition to the power structures that control society. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.

Edited by enrieb

Don't worry. It may be right but usually many years in advance giving you plenty of time to prepare.

How'd they manage that on a Sunday?