House Price Crash Forum

How Much Money Has Hpc Saved You?

HOLA441
Guest absolutezero

Your boss offers you an inflationary (CPI/RPI) pay rise?

And with jobs being outsourced to India and increased competition for jobs, why would your employer do that?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

And with jobs being outsourced to India and increased competition for jobs, why would your employer do that?

Ok, so if you are saying deflation is a foregone conclusion, I would go so far as to say I expect housing to correct further in nominal terms. Although I am not as convinced.

HOLA443

I reckon thanks to HPC.co.uk I am immediately £300k better off relative to your average reluctant land lord.

My rationale is that in selling at the top of the market I avoided losing £100-150k.

Secondly, when I buy relatively soon, the type of house I want is now at least £200k cheaper.

So by exiting the property market, I am £300-£350k better off than someone who let to move.

However,in the long term the gains are even more, as I avoid paying 25 years interest on the top £200k.

So perhaps relative your property obssessed let to buyer, I am now £550k better off.

Very little on a GBP based front...(IF that's how you measure the value of such advice)

On a non GBP based measure.. I am significantly better off.. But how do you measure wealth on a global scale?

I believe I am more free...Although I still have no choice when it comes to VOTING... as my limited 3 choices, are all short listed by those that are really in charge.

HOLA444

I believe I am more free...Although I still have no choice when it comes to VOTING... as my limited 3 choices, are all short listed by those that are really in charge.

Only if you believe you only have three choices.

If everyone voted for minority parties we would have a much more interesting term (plus it would completely sh1t up the top quangos, advisers, media and markets).

Instinctively I would be a Tory voter, but I won't vote for them or the other 2 for exactly the reason you have outlined.

[Edit.. sorry.. OT]

Edited by libspero

HOLA445

with my deposit and salary , last year i could have just about at a squeeze afforded a small house. Houses prices in Brighton are now higher than peak which prices us out agian. I dont blame HPC site though.

how long is quite a while ?

Hey IWH, that is not true and you know it. :)

Back in 2006/2007 with a budget of £180,000 for a house in Brighton the closest you'd find one would be in Newhaven - nine miles away (and that'd be a 2 bed terrace on a busy road)

Sure, prices have gone up a bit, but not nearly as far as peak. And this is asking prices we're talking about - things to be taken with a big pinch of salt in this climate. I don't know about your personal circumstances exactly, I know you have local ties, but for me, I'm happy watching my 20% deposit turning into a 25%... then a 30%... I refuse to partake in this rigged market.

HOLA446
Guest absolutezero

Ok, so if you are saying deflation is a foregone conclusion, I would go so far as to say I expect housing to correct further in nominal terms. Although I am not as convinced.

I'm saying wage deflation is a foregone conclusion but inflation in the price of goods is likely.

HOLA447

I'm saying wage deflation is a foregone conclusion but inflation in the price of goods is likely.

Would agree with that possibility. The result will make most things people buy more expensive in real terms. Once interest rates increase, it will only get worse.

HPI is not returning in real terms for a long time IMO. Small sales and apparent price rises mean little IMO.

HOLA448
Guest absolutezero

Would agree with that possibility. The result will make most things people buy more expensive in real terms. Once interest rates increase, it will only get worse.

HPI is not returning in real terms for a long time IMO. Small sales and apparent price rises mean little IMO.

All I know is that when I can buy a reasonable house for a reasonable price, then I shall buy.

It may never happen. Or it may.

HOLA449

All I know is that when I can buy a reasonable house for a reasonable price, then I shall buy.

It may never happen. Or it may.

Ditto, and it goes for a good many million others.