House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
babesagainstmachines

Politics

Guest Steve Cook
Please take your "discussions" there.

Economy and house prices, not "I hate Brown" threads.

Whilst I also find the "I hate Brown" threads as irritiating and facile as you, I think it unrealistic to expect them to be relagated to a sub-forum as this would suggest that you think that economics is merely an intellectual excercise devoid of emotion.

Maybe it might be better if it were. But it's not.

Edited by Steve Cook

Guest anorthosite
Whilst I find the "I hate Brown" threads as irritiating and facile as you, I think it unrealistic to expect them to be relagated to a sub-forum as this would suggest that you think that economics is merely an intellectual excercise devoid of emotion.

Maybe it might be better if it were. But it's not.

You want to check out the off-topic forum.

Its unquestionably masculine right now.

Guest Steve Cook
You want to check out the off-topic forum.

Its unquestionably masculine right now.

:lol:

I've just taken a look

given the unprecedented state intervention in the economy, how is politics not relevant to the economy and house prices?

It is relevant to economics, but people seem to blame new labour for so many things and bring it to this forum so much you'd think that Gordon Brown had personally gone round to everyones house and left a slow bake shit in their oven.

Take for example the thread

"Pub Doormen for your own safety - it's got to be new labour influence", whilst i feel sorry for the poster in question, its got everything to do with some pub doormen being tw@ts. It would be easy to find other such threads whereby the woes of the nation are always thrown onto labour / gordon brown rather than some deeper seated social ill.

It's all a bit Ben Elton in his shiny suit ripping into Mrs T, anything to fit in with the crowd.

Edited by slurms mackenzie

Guest anorthosite
Its left me feeling different.

More in touch with yourself?

There was a lot of it going on last night :o

given the unprecedented state intervention in the economy, how is politics not relevant to the economy and house prices?

Politics is very relevant, but the sort of party political crap that gets posted on here isn't.

All the parties are culpable for keeping silent throughout the debt build up, but the blame seems to be thrown at the door of one man.

Anyway, this is not meant to be a dicussion, it's a complaint :lol:

Guest happy?
It is relevant to economics, but people seem to blame new labour for so many things and bring it to this forum so much you'd think that Gordon Brown had personally gone round to everyones house and left a slow bake shit in their oven.

Take for example the thread

"Pub Doormen for your own safety - it's got to be new labour influence", whilst i feel sorry for the poster in question, its got everything to do with some pub doormen being tw@ts. It would be easy to find other such threads whereby the woes of the nation are always thrown onto labour / gordon brown rather than some deeper seated social ill.

It's all a bit Ben Elton in his shiny suit ripping into Mrs T, anything to fit in with the crowd.

One of the unintentionally funniest threads I've read in a long time. Landlords have always had the obligation to refuse to serve drunks - it's just that for a long-time now most pubs have been managed rather than run by a landlord - such managers have no interest in turning away business hence the level of drunkeness we now witness. A refreshing change to hear of a doorman taking seriously his obligations - especially poignant when two weeks ago everyone here was posting remarks about a 20 year-old who died of liver failure induced by alcoholism.

This truly pathetic whinge reminded me of the old joke about the unsympathetic queer:

"My mother made me a homosexual"

"If I gave her the wool would she make one for me too."

"Labour refused me a drink" - a truly barrel-scraping thread.

Edited by happy?

Guest anorthosite
One of the unintentionally funniest threads I've read in a long time.

Its one of the gayest threads on the off topic forum right now.

And that's no mean feat.

Exactly, under normal circumstances there would be some divide between economics and the main topics in a form of the name. Under current circumstances, not only is there any divide economic decisions are being made not even on a political level or normal short-term timescales but purely to garner favour for the upcoming elections on a scale never seen before. To be followed by the consequenceson a scale never seen before thereafter.

+1

The day when politicians stop interfering in the economy - and house prices ('the engine of the economy!')- will be the day we know we can return to some normality.

It would be great if they acted in our interests - they do not. A criticism that can be laid at all mainstream parties.

Apart for the paid up members and activists who appear here, what we see is the general exasperation of an economy being run into the ground by politicians. The current government are in the crosshairs because it is their mess.

+1

The day when politicians stop interfering in the economy - and house prices ('the engine of the economy!')- will be the day we know we can return to some normality.

It would be great if they acted in our interests - they do not. A criticism that can be laid at all mainstream parties.

Apart for the paid up members and activists who appear here, what we see is the general exasperation of an economy being run into the ground by politicians. The current government are in the crosshairs because it is their mess.

+1 +1

+1

agreeed

(Please imagine the next sentence to the tune of children in a playground...)

" dazednconfused loves Bro-wn "

:lol:

Far from it. I realise that the current political structure is completely undemocratic. None of the major parties will do anything significantly different to the others. I fail to see why this one man gets so much stick, when the opposition parties were perfectly at liberty to kick up a stink throughout the debt fuelled boom.

They didn't.

So anyone who thinks we are magically going to get something different in the next election needs their head examined.