House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest_ringledman_*

Election Odds

Tories 1/12 on to win across the board. Labour 6/1. Rearly do the bookies get it wrong.

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/politi...tion/most-seats

Brown isn't even in the Next Prime Minister odds -

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/politi...-prime-minister

Why can't Labour do the honourable thing and call the election now before sending the country into further ruin?

Are these muppets so away from the real world to think they can actually win???

Tories 1/12 on to win across the board. Labour 6/1. Rearly do the bookies get it wrong.

Why can't Labour do the honourable thing and call the election now before sending the country into further ruin?

same reason that debt junkies carry on digging until the bitter end and bankruptcy

Guest anorthosite

Of course he isn't. He's the current one.

Because they want another 8-9 months of their gold-plated pension and the John Lewis list.

I think Brown and his inner circle could be. I've heard enough serious, credible questioning of Brown's mental health to find it believable that he thinks that his brand of leadership is making a positive contribution to the country, and just won't engage with evidence to the contrary.

The rest of them, however, are very much in the real world. Many of the backbenchers who are significantly implicated in the expenses scandal know full well that they will struggle to have anything like the income and status once they leave office. They are unlikely to return to high paying, elected trade union positions and no major private sector company is likely to want to employ an ex-Labour MP who has been outed for fiddling his or her expenses. So they want to keep their snouts in the trough until the last possible minute, hence their applying little or no pressure on the leadership for an early election.

I wonder if these odds are ante post. Governments however bad they are close the gap a the election nears. When the time comes I think the media barons will consider who would work in teir best interest and get behind them. This happened when Labour got in. The comspiricy theorist have been telling us that the illuminati whoever they are will drain us of every penny until we wither on the vine :)

No, quite the reverse, they know damn fine that they're going to lose the next election. But as they are politicians, the calculations are that hanging on until the final day means:-

More time clocked up, so more pension clocked up AND (best of all) power without responsibility as they know someone else will have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

That's a VERY addictive combination for people with the personality types necessary to be a modern politician.

And also why ringledman wins the award for being the first person in British history to use the words Labour & honourable in the same sentence.

.. because that isn't what was agreed amongst the chanting in the woods?

Guest happy?

With a name like Ring Ledman such a freudian slip was inevitable.

Then I suggest you put your £60k house deposit nest egg on the Tories and make yourself another £5k. It's the easiest and surest way you're ever going to lay your hands on five grand. Unless ...

Then I suggest you put your £60k house deposit nest egg on the Tories and make yourself another £5k. It's the easiest and surest way you're ever going to lay your hands on five grand. Unless ...

5 Grand tax free, nice.

As I've explained before, part of their masterplan to destroy our country is to enact the Equalities bill, a piece of legislation that legalises discrimination against English males in the English work place, and gives the green light for millions of pay rise claims to be made by anyone not male and English.

Guest happy?
As I've explained before, part of their masterplan to destroy our country is to enact the Equalities bill, a piece of legislation that legalises discrimination against English males in the English work place, and gives the green light for millions of pay rise claims to be made by anyone not male and English.

Time for your gender re-assignment surgery then.

Yes, this is Harriet Haridiot's latest master stroke of genius - actually stating it is acceptable and indeed preferable to actively discriminate against a section of the public (but because it's White Males it's perfectly OK)

Please tell me the Tories can repeal this piece of treason?

5 Grand tax free, nice.

It's surprising how people lose the certainty of a Conservative win when they have to put their money where their mouth is. Lots of things can go wrong between now and election day. It's not in the bag. Unfortunately.

Thanks for that interesting link. Who'd have thought someone would go to the bother of disproving a well entrenced myth as the parties closing gaps to run ups to elections. But when you follows their fortunes at the time of elections when Poll results are coming in thick and fast, this does seem to happen. I remember when this Labour government first beat the conservatives. I used to listen to Talk Radio every day and if you made a judgement by the amount of pro conservatives ringing in -which out numbered Blairs support by far- you would have thought they didn't stand a chance.

Guest happy?
Yes, this is Harriet Haridiot's latest master stroke of genius - actually stating it is acceptable and indeed preferable to actively discriminate against a section of the public (but because it's White Males it's perfectly OK)

Please tell me the Tories can repeal this piece of treason?

The Tories can repeal this piece of treason (but won't as all they want to do is ride popular sentiment).

The Tories can repeal this piece of treason (but won't as all they want to do is ride popular sentiment).

Harriet Harman - popular??