House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R K

Gordon Jong-il On 'life Support'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8265062.stm

Gordon Brown has used a "fireside chat" podcast to warn fellow leaders against "switching off life support" as the world seeks economic recovery.

In an audio message on the Downing Street website ahead of next week's G20 meeting in the US, the prime minister urged a renewed focus on the economy.

He said: "Now is not the time to lose our focus on the economy - we must not switch off the life support.

"People are still losing their jobs, their hope. And we must not fail them."

Mr Brown's message was recorded in an audio-only broadcast - unlike the YouTube video in which he said he was dealing with the MPs' expenses scandal.

That performance was widely criticised, while then-communities secretary Hazel Blears said videos were no substitute for knocking on doors.

'Tough choices'

Number 10 is likening this message to US president Franklin Roosevelt's "fireside chat" broadcasts in the 1930s and 1940s.

Mr Brown, who on Tuesday admitted for the first time that cuts in public spending are needed, said he would not "shy away from the tough choices ahead".

He went on: "The road to recovery is fragile.

"Recovery is not automatic and I will not allow anyone or anything to put it at risk.

"Entrenching our recovery and securing sustainable growth for the future will be my top priority during a visit to America this week."

The prime minister also urged "statesmanship, not brinkmanship" over Iran's alleged programme to develop nuclear weapo

Dear Leader's handlers refuse to allow him to appear in person.

Are Mandelslime/Rothschild, with Straw's help, building up a case for replacing him after he makes his final plea to the G20, followed by a final speech at the Labour party rally?

Please fellas, switch off the life support..............

in other words it all looks probable to go into a double nosedive and he wants to be able to blame someone else and say "well i did warn them [that they needed never ending mirage money to prop up the illusion of recovery]...if only they'd listened we'd not now be back in the mess...i am a sage...my economic ideas are on a par of realism with harry potter fantasies..."

I predict and it would be the best time for maximum devestation would be someone stands up at the conference and publically asks for his resignation.

Lord only knows what would happen to the brave man or woman who did that! Remember that old gent who got bundled out by the bouncers for a very minor polite heckle...

Notice how little - never - Brown is put in front of ordinary people. Wouldn't want people expressing a view.

I predict and it would be the best time for maximum devestation would be someone stands up at the conference and publically asks for his resignation.

That would show the Labour party had some spunk, regardless of the control freakery, it simply is not going to happen.

Any dissenter is likely to be labelled a terrorist. Remember that old guy who voiced his displeasure at that conference a while back?

The Labour party deserted its supporters a long time ago.

New Labour have been akin to a parasitic wasp lava, devouring and killing the host. What has emerged is something truly nasty and quite horrifying.