House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Lord Of The Rings Pt 1

I'm watching it, but can't make my mind up...

Foreworks, Hobbits, ring, elves, hobbits, dark riders, ring, hobbits, cabbages..

sibley, dont forget the sibleys.

A great load of old tosh. A better class of old tosh.

Juvenal, you're missing the 5 female characters, 3 of whom are very hot, 1 is a borderline boiler (rosie the wench) and one is an old cackling crone.... Enjoy

Got all 3 on DVD still not found time yet where I can sit through 4 hours of the final trilogy to see the extra bits.

Read the book and seen all 3 films, but it depends if your into that sort of thing or not. Everyone has different views, some old people think gone with the wind is a great film, personally I'd rather watch paint dry.

Guest anorthosite
A great load of old tosh. A better class of old tosh.

Juvenal, you're missing the 5 female characters, 3 of whom are very hot, 1 is a borderline boiler (rosie the wench) and one is an old cackling crone.... Enjoy

You mean...

eowyn-07.jpeg

lotr_movie_galadriel.jpg

arwen_sword.jpg

Bloody great films. I love the three of them.

Thought the middle one was good. Didn't like the first one when I saw it and didn't really think it worked as a standalone film.

Had you read the books?

This was how the first book finished. Although it makes more sense when you can start the next chapter and continue reading.

Overrated IMO.

Worth watching for the lovely ladies in period dress (I like that :))

The ending came out of nowhere. I thought I'd dosed off and woken up just in time to catch it.

I have no objectivity on this at all.

I read LoTR when I was eight, its all ridiculously vivid in my mind as a result of that.

Bit daft really, but I thought it was the sequel to the Hobbit, which it was, but not really.

I don't mind if you laugh at this, it is pretty silly, but when I went to see the first one in the cinema I was sitting there watching Gandalf roll up at the Bilbo's birthday party and all that stuff. It was exactly as I'd imagined it. And then I had trouble seeing the screen. It was all blurry which was strange. Then I noticed my t-shirt was a bit damp.

It turned out I was crying. Strangest thing ever, I have no idea what the hell was going on, its the first and so far last time anything like that has ever happened to me.

I think maybe its to do with the Shire being about a state of innocence. Its also an idealised England of gentle rolling hills and real ale course. Hobbits are children really. And I was an innocent English child when I read it. Or something. I dunno, my subconscious refuses to explain to me clearly.

I thought they were pretty good, everything they left out, now the dust has settled, I don't really have a problem with.

Guest anorthosite
Can I just confirm this thread about rings isn't another gay thing?

No, nothing gay about this, just those big tough guys:

liv-SamFrodo.jpg

Lord of the rings is a decent yarn, nothing more. Quite how it got voted best book evah! though is beyond me.

Tolkien claimed he was trying to recreate a lost British mythology, personaly I think he fails.

He was right about one thing though 'Cellar door' is the best sounding phrase in the English language.

No, nothing gay about this, just those big tough guys:

liv-SamFrodo.jpg

Now be nice, thats the World War 1 bit and probably the point where the mask slips a bit. Frodo is officer class of course, Sam is his adjutant. Surprised he doesn't whack Golum into the cracks of doom with his swagger stick.

And now I re-read that.. oh well.

How come the Hobbits in the film have a broader selection of regional accents than a typically incomprehensible episode of tedious eighties kids activity programme 'Why Don't You'?

Why don't you make a birdbox from a washing powder box? No thanks, why don't you learn how to speak the Queen's english you geordie tw@t?

How come the Hobbits in the film have a broader selection of regional accents than a typically incomprehensible episode of tedious eighties kids activity programme 'Why Don't You'?

Why don't you make a birdbox from a washing powder box? No thanks, why don't you learn how to speak the Queen's english you geordie tw@t?

No Brummie, Cockney,Geordie, or Scouse Hobbits?