House Price Crash Forum
Bootsox

Jumping Jehosaphat!

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential/LotDe...amp;S=C&O=A

Lot 134 Auction 15th September 2009

Guide Price £50,000+

Result £46,000

Rochdale Apartment 14, Birch View, Wardle, Lancashire OL12 9PZ

From Land Registry, originally sold 11/12/06 for £149,950.

With fees, etc, the previous owner must be nursing in excess of a £100k loss.

This is on a flat goddammit, not some hairy bl**dy stock market investment where someone was trying to make a million!

I think you'll find that the it's a bank that's nursing that loss, not some, quite likely totally crooked, individual owner. Since the bank's probably one of the bailed out ones, then it is, in fact, all of us tax payers that just took a hit. Makes me want to weep.

Guide Price £50,000+

Result £46,000

This is on a flat goddammit, not some hairy bl**dy stock market investment where someone was trying to make a million!

God it's nice to see flats going for less than £50k - feels so much more ... normal.

Guide Price £50,000+

Result £46,000

No doubt a canny BTL Investor has snapped it up, what will it rent for ?

I think you'll find that the it's a bank that's nursing that loss, not some, quite likely totally crooked, individual owner. Since the bank's probably one of the bailed out ones, then it is, in fact, all of us tax payers that just took a hit. Makes me want to weep.

Doing the right thing because its the right thing to do. I think you will find.

Is that what it is called - 'Rochdale Apartment' ?

Using the Great Leader's amazing property/unemployment paradigm, this loss can only be explained by a huge upsurge in employment in the area.

I can recall flats around rochdale oldham etc 20k to 30k as a fair price around the 1990s early 2000s in fair areas then these same areas over just a few years 100k and more was standard I think for an average flat 50k is about fair if its reasonable and a reasonable location unless its in a key city centre which is worth a priemium like Manchester or London

Maybe low interest rates will keep the prices up but I wouldnt go anywhere near a leasehold flat over 50k unless its in a city centre and wouldnt pay more than 20k for a leashold flat in a poorish area to mitigate hikes in service charges I could just give it away if the liabilities go to high with the service charge.

I assume in rochdale to rent a flat by the housing association or private landlord in a good location and a reasonable flat about £80 pw about 4k

The service charge on an average flat probably will be around 1k pa and if some major problem happens which does in flats big one off bills can arrive the numbers just dosnt warrent high value of flats and this blog shows up this fact.

I want a flat with no service charge and just missed one last week the asking price was 45K its now under offer I am unaware of the sale price but with no service charge it was like a purpose built house in half and it was the top floor small and secure being above ground this is what I am looking for and even if it becomes worthless in 10 years which is unlikely it would be the same in rental costs my next purchase I will cost in a total loss of the principle being less of 10 years of renting thats my no brainer and these opps are now comming up.

I have only ever met one person in my life who used the term 'Jumping Jehosaphat' and that was over 40 years ago. I thought he'd made it up himself!!!

I have only ever met one person in my life who used the term 'Jumping Jehosaphat' and that was over 40 years ago. I thought he'd made it up himself!!!

Actually it is one of my dad's sayings.

I have abbreviated things a bit because the fully saying is "Jumping Jehosaphat and fat belly Jones!".

Off topic ;)

Actually it is one of my dad's sayings.

I have abbreviated things a bit because the fully saying is "Jumping Jehosaphat and fat belly Jones!".

The saying my Dad used when I failed to come up to standard (which was quite often)

"Tut tut, no wonder darkies eat their young"

No sure if its acceptable now - but I guess it was the parlance of his time :blink:

it's either laundering drug money OR no, scratch that, it's laundering drug money. This is Oldham we're talking about.

No Wardle its in Rochdale MB, completely different place, on the road to Littleborough.

I can recall flats around rochdale oldham etc 20k to 30k as a fair price around the 1990s early 2000s in fair areas then these same areas over just a few years 100k and more was standard I think for an average flat 50k is about fair if its reasonable and a reasonable location unless its in a key city centre which is worth a priemium like Manchester or London

Maybe low interest rates will keep the prices up but I wouldnt go anywhere near a leasehold flat over 50k unless its in a city centre and wouldnt pay more than 20k for a leashold flat in a poorish area to mitigate hikes in service charges I could just give it away if the liabilities go to high with the service charge.

I assume in rochdale to rent a flat by the housing association or private landlord in a good location and a reasonable flat about £80 pw about 4k

The service charge on an average flat probably will be around 1k pa and if some major problem happens which does in flats big one off bills can arrive the numbers just dosnt warrent high value of flats and this blog shows up this fact.

I want a flat with no service charge and just missed one last week the asking price was 45K its now under offer I am unaware of the sale price but with no service charge it was like a purpose built house in half and it was the top floor small and secure being above ground this is what I am looking for and even if it becomes worthless in 10 years which is unlikely it would be the same in rental costs my next purchase I will cost in a total loss of the principle being less of 10 years of renting thats my no brainer and these opps are now comming up.

With a flat there will ALWAYS be a service charge I believe... it may not be shown as such , it may not be billed qaurterly or yearly etc but I think you'll find with any and every flat when the roof collapses or the otuside of the building needs painting etc there will be a bill for you... alongside ground rent... and alongside a bill ofr buildings insurance which is normally sorted out for the building and then spit.... I have never ever heard of situation where a flat would incur no charges and I am as sure as I can be thats its an impossible situation.