House Price Crash Forum

Plaid Stallions

Guest Ian Chesterton

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Parry aka GOD

I can see 70's retro making a comeback.

A forty gallon drum with burning embers, a group of PLAID STALLIONS rubbing their hands over the convective heat . . . a picket line a few yards away.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Check out these guys:

superfine3.jpg

This kind of works in its own way because the guys are slim and so the sharp creases form nice straight lines. I can't imagine (and I did try) what these clothes would look like combined with the modern British tub-of-lard physique.

Edit. By the way, nice pockets on the left there.

HOLA448

Look at all the pictures of the men on this page from the plaid stallions website

http://plaidstallions.blogspot.com/search/...shion%20mockery

Almost all the men are striking the same pose. One hand hanging loose, their main hand in a semi-clenched fist higher up just above their waist as if they were holding onto a precious part of their body ...

manmates.jpg

superfine3.jpg

enemies.jpg

thathat.jpg

badchecks.jpg

Except the guy in this picture that needs to use two hands

leisurebirth.jpg

HOLA449
Guest P-Diddly
Look at all the pictures of the men on this page from the plaid stallions website

http://plaidstallions.blogspot.com/search/...shion%20mockery

Almost all the men are striking the same pose. One hand hanging loose, their main hand in a semi-clenched fist higher up just above their waist as if they were holding onto a precious part of their body ...

manmates.jpg

superfine3.jpg

enemies.jpg

thathat.jpg

badchecks.jpg

Except the guy in this picture that needs to use two hands

leisurebirth.jpg

B. Cool Calcutta, now that's a look! ;)

Notice the prices?

HOLA4410

If they just let their arms hang down straight then they look even more like plastic models. You've got to do something with your hands, but their trousers are too tight for them to put their hands in their pockets. It does look rather like they should really be holding guns though. Maybe the pictures are stills from Thunderbirds and they've painted out their rayguns.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Growing up in the 1970s I used to frequently leaf through my Mother's catalogues but I cannot recall every looking at the male clothing.

Usually it was female lingerie and toys - in that order. Wonderful stockings, suspenders, suspender belts and all sorts of buckles and straps that had to be undone... both confusing and a challenge to a young male mind...

I am having the operation next month! :blink:

If you look at some of the Columbo episodes from the 70s there are some, IMPO, hilarious plaid outfits worn by William Shatner and that chap who played Al in Quantum Leap. You know, he played the Indian kid in that film with Errol Flynn... Kim.... Um, Dean Stockwell...

HOLA4415
Growing up in the 1970s I used to frequently leaf through my Mother's catalogues but I cannot recall every looking at the male clothing.

Usually it was female lingerie and toys - in that order. Wonderful stockings, suspenders, suspender belts and all sorts of buckles and straps that had to be undone... both confusing and a challenge to a young male mind...

I am having the operation next month! :blink:

If you look at some of the Columbo episodes from the 70s there are some, IMPO, hilarious plaid outfits worn by William Shatner and that chap who played Al in Quantum Leap. You know, he played the Indian kid in that film with Errol Flynn... Kim.... Um, Dean Stockwell...

female toys? what catalogue were you looking at?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Archived