House Price Crash Forum
bogbrush

Sterling Seems To Have Jumped Out Of The Plane

Yikes!

Euro: 1.104

US $: 1.624 (sinking fast too)

CDN $: 1.737 (my favourite, was 1.8 the other day)

NZ $: 2.29 (was 2.74 a few weeks ago!!)

I guess this is because we're best placed to weather the storm?

Yikes!

This is hurting NZ exporters a great deal

Why don't the tories call for a Vote of No Confidence in this shower of sht "in charge" and get the tossers back onto the streets where they belong.

We're all blaming nulabia, and rightly so, but the so called opposition deserves a smack round the back of the head....

Yikes!

oh well - I guess the CBs can straighted this out over the weekend with a few trillion more in currency swaps. :)

At this rate the Kiwis will be buying your little two up two down terraces in Burnley for cash.

Yeah but I dount a 2 up 2 down in Burnley would light a kiwis fire, when you can have a nice quarter acre paradise over here

Yeah but I dount a 2 up 2 down in Burnley would light a kiwis fire, when you can have a nice quarter acre paradise over here

I got my place sorted in Canada, thanks. Secluded bay, no neighbours, planetarium at night (stars almost to the horizon).

Heavan.

I got my place sorted in Canada, thanks. Secluded bay, no neighbours, planetarium at night (stars almost to the horizon).

Heavan.

I hear ya, and understand, our sky at night is bewildering

Mid 2010 Sterling will return to its natural level of $1.87 to the pound. ;)

Didn't you predict big drops in the price of food a couple of years ago?

Guest The Relaxation Suite
Why don't the tories call for a Vote of No Confidence in this shower of sht "in charge" and get the tossers back onto the streets where they belong.

We're all blaming nulabia, and rightly so, but the so called opposition deserves a smack round the back of the head....

Hear hear. Labour once again has worked its magic and wrecked the British economy for a generation. Sterling is now approaching 1.7 to the AUD, which has got to be an all-time low. It's getting out of hand when people can talk about parity with the Australian or Canadian dollars. Don't forget it was 2.5 this time last year so this is a 32% deval against the AUD. According to the Telegraph today it's going to get a lot worse as well. 1.6 > 1.5 > 1.4 > "Has anyone seen Gordon?" > 1.3 > 1.2 > "I think he's on the roof" > 1.1. Etc.

Also agree about the opposition. If they were any good they would be in power by now - people's fear about them being just as crap has kept Uncle Gordon in power.

With you on that one.

I am about to commit to a major investment for me that is in an area that has amongst other things a very strong agricultural and grazing industry.

You are going to take on a sheep as a second wife? Tether her well.

Montana

Stunning scenery-25 acres, loads of fishin, $30K. Lovely jubbly-feck Gordie Brown.

Love Montana - one of my favourite states :)

Whereabouts? Near Glacier National Park?

How the hell can ANY currency fall against the Greenback?? :blink: :angry:

And just when the greenback is about to come roaring back!

UK plc is listed for hearing before the bankruptcy court of the IMF. But somehow they keep adjourning.

Hear hear. Labour once again has worked its magic and wrecked the British economy for a generation. Sterling is now approaching 1.7 to the AUD, which has got to be an all-time low. It's getting out of hand when people can talk about parity with the Australian or Canadian dollars. Don't forget it was 2.5 this time last year so this is a 32% deval against the AUD. According to the Telegraph today it's going to get a lot worse as well. 1.6 > 1.5 > 1.4 > "Has anyone seen Gordon?" > 1.3 > 1.2 > "I think he's on the roof" > 1.1. Etc.

Also agree about the opposition. If they were any good they would be in power by now - people's fear about them being just as crap has kept Uncle Gordon in power.

The Tories can call for a vote, but they will lose, so no point.

The longer Brown is in charge the worse it gets for Labour, if the pound tanks the Tories would want GB still in charge.

Don't you think that Labour MPs should have told Brown to go ages ago, for their own sake as much as ours.

The Tories can call for a vote, but they will lose, so no point.

The longer Brown is in charge the worse it gets for Labour, if the pound tanks the Tories would want GB still in charge.

Don't you think that Labour MPs should have told Brown to go ages ago, for their own sake as much as ours.

Why do you think they will lose?

Because there is no way the Labour MPs will support it and without their vote, they lose.

I see what you mean... for some reason I thought nulabia had less than 50% of the seats....

Aren't there any other mechanisms for ousting clearly destructive and moronic knobheads from the Houses Of Parliament?

They're destroying Britain from the inside and we sit here and impotently watch....

I see what you mean... for some reason I thought nulabia had less than 50% of the seats....

Aren't there any other mechanisms for ousting clearly destructive and moronic knobheads from the Houses Of Parliament?

They're destroying Britain from the inside and we sit here and impotently watch....

For me the MP expense scandal was the point where parliament should have been dissolved as they had no moral position to pass laws over us, but no, they just carried on.

The media should have been demanding it.

For me the MP expense scandal was the point where parliament should have been dissolved as they had no moral position to pass laws over us, but no, they just carried on.

The media should have been demanding it.

Not only carried on, but replaced the speaker with a canddiate with interesting connections.

Although things look bleak, these days may well turn out to be the catalyst for change that we need. Ordinary folk can now see what is going on... my Mum can see what is going on, and she's been so pro-establishment all her life it's not true!

Something Better Change (courtesy The Stranglers). Something Will Change.