House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Kent Police Using Zoom Cameras To Detect Motoring Offences

marked police vans by the side of the road, zoom 1km, filming no seatbelt, on the phone, recording speed - starting in Kent, coming to your streets soon.

have your cheque book ready, fine's going to be in the post.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8263960.stm

incidentally, to avoid being done for using a handheld even when not driving, i think i am right in saying you need to be parked, engine off, probably keys on dashboard

incidentally, to avoid being done for using a handheld even when not driving, i think i am right in saying you need to be parked, engine off, probably keys on dashboard

Bugger. So my prosthetic arm in a matching sleeve glued to the two o'clock position on the steering wheel's a non-starter, then? I mean, do they actually check how many arms the driver has?

WTF is it with £60 pounds? Why is it always sixty?!!! :angry: My suspicion is that someone thought £50 was too much of a rounded number and people might suspect they just picked it out of thin air, as if.

Anyone know why they landed on £60, is it a magic number for the masons or something?

WTF is it with £60 pounds? Why is it always sixty?!!! :angry: My suspicion is that someone thought £50 was too much of a rounded number and people might suspect they just picked it out of thin air, as if.

Anyone know why they landed on £60, is it a magic number for the masons or something?

:lol:

Camera operator, Kent Usher, said those motorists flouting the law could be seen "many seconds before" the police van came into their vision.

i think the bbc will find his name is ken usher, but i have a feeling the writer there was mixing up Ken + cun*.

marked police vans by the side of the road, zoom 1km, filming no seatbelt, on the phone, recording speed - starting in Kent, coming to your streets soon.

have your cheque book ready, fine's going to be in the post.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8263960.stm

The article doesn't mention speed offences. This method probably wouldn't work for speed because mobile cameras are only allowed to be used to back up the operators belief that the car was speeding in the first place, they can't be used simply to randomly zap every passing car. In fact, laser speed traps can already be used at 1km but never are because you could never convince a court that a human could judge the speed of a car at that distance accurately enough in order to be allowed to use the gun in the first place.

When it comes to seeing people using a phone, why does it make a difference?

Must be the same reason there's 60 minutes in a hour I suppose.... it divi's up nice an' easy... lots of prime factors. Two coppers sting you for 50 quid and they can spit it each way, but any more of them than that then they've likely got an argument on their hands. 60 on the other hand, slices two ways, three, four, six... nicely nicely.

Must be the same reason there's 60 minutes in a hour I suppose.... it divi's up nice an' easy... lots of prime factors. Two coppers sting you for 50 quid and they can spit it each way, but any more of them than that then they've likely got an argument on their hands. 60 on the other hand, slices two ways, three, four, six... nicely nicely.

Oh slap me tits and call me Mary! Brilliant!

So why don't we let the f uckers have the guns they always wanted?

And make the fine 47 quid.