House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Wot Was Watchdog Whimpering About Last Night Regarding Sony Ps3

watchdog said sony had not been that helpful, or had wanted £130 or so to replace broken PS3s with the "amber light of death"... well what about the 2 year eu warranty that a retailer probably has to honour... why wasnt that mentioned?

honestly, they're so busy botoxing the presenters that they forget the research

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playst...sage.id=1423670

watchdog said sony had not been that helpful, or had wanted £130 or so to replace broken PS3s with the "amber light of death"... well what about the 2 year eu warranty that a retailer probably has to honour... why wasnt that mentioned?

honestly, they're so busy botoxing the presenters that they forget the research

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playst...sage.id=1423670

There's no such thing as a statutory warranty period, of any length. In short, a product has to be fit for it's intended purpose. All the material factors are taken into account when making the judgment as to fitness and I don't think it's too difficult to make the case that a 400 quid electronic item isn't fit for purpose if it breaks down in a relatively short time frame. I get the impression from the program that they were breaking not far past the first year.

I do agree with you that Watchdog is just an excuse for whining and moaning. It's a total non-story because they should just tell the owners to take them back from whence they bought them. I mean, why p1ss about taking them apart and fixing them when its the manufacturers/retailers problem. It's just a case of the BBC spinning out the process in order to fill some airtime and create some chav entertainment.

There's no such thing as a statutory warranty period, of any length. In short, a product has to be fit for it's intended purpose. All the material factors are taken into account when making the judgment as to fitness and I don't think it's too difficult to make the case that a 400 quid electronic item isn't fit for purpose if it breaks down in a relatively short time frame. I get the impression from the program that they were breaking not far past the first year.

I do agree with you that Watchdog is just an excuse for whining and moaning. It's a total non-story because they should just tell the owners to take them back from whence they bought them. I mean, why p1ss about taking them apart and fixing them when its the manufacturers/retailers problem. It's just a case of the BBC spinning out the process in order to fill some airtime and create some chav entertainment.

i agree with all that, especially that watchdog is spinning out thin material, it needs to be tighter and quite literally have less play to the gallery - and more issues dealt with per show.

anne is good to have back, i prefer her to the old crew, but the spacious studio is as empty as the content now, 1 hour of nothing much

I wonder how much those lads charge for effectively pulling the things apart and sticking in a reflow oven... Might get one myself, advert in the local rag = $$$$ B)

i agree with all that, especially that watchdog is spinning out thin material, it needs to be tighter and quite literally have less play to the gallery - and more issues dealt with per show.

anne is good to have back, i prefer her to the old crew, but the spacious studio is as empty as the content now, 1 hour of nothing much

To be honest, if they cut the crap and reduced the costs of the show I wouldn't have a problem with them just giving people financial help to sue dodgy traders. At least when they won they'd get the costs back. That way they would be educating people as to their real rights in these matters, not just telling people how to whine and moan on incessantly. Show people how to fill out a Court claim form and suchlike, rather than have someone else sort your problems for you because you whined on about it.

The other thing that annoys me is when they go about hassling people in the street. Okay, the people they're hassling are probably criminals who have ripped people off but the bottom line is that its just childish and doesn't help the people who have lost money to them.

I wonder how much those lads charge for effectively pulling the things apart and sticking in a reflow oven... Might get one myself, advert in the local rag = $$$$ B)

I thought that. Did I hear over £100 at some point? Great little business opportunity.

Watchdog also put up another awful bloody Youtube video about it too.

The problem with all this though is that it shouldn't fall to these guys to fix the problem. These people and their services are irrelevant because the machines should be fit for their intended purpose. The BBC shouldn't be telling people to get guys like this to sort their problems they should simply be telling people to send the thing back where it came from.

That doesn't make good TV though. In effect, the BBC are just as guilty as purveyors of crappy products because they are making needless capital out of peoples strife.