House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

athom

"lockerbie Bomber" Puts Appeal Docs Online To Prove His Innocence

http://megrahimystory.net/

Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi was convicted before the High Court of Justiciary sitting in the Netherlands of the murder of 270 people.

Mr Megrahi contends that he has been the victim of a miscarriage of justice.

His case was referred back to the Court of Criminal Appeal by the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission on 27th June 2007.

He abandoned his appeal against conviction and sentence, with leave of the Court, on 18 August 2009.

The purpose of this website is to explain the basis of his challenge to that conviction.

Initially, he intends to publish those parts of his Grounds of Appeal which were argued before the Court between 28 April and 19 May 2009.

Thereafter, he will publish the Grounds of Appeal which were due to be the subject of argument before the Court, commencing on 2nd November 2009.

Is Max Mosley working for him or something? Give the media a few weeks to latch on before getting the new docs out. Still I don't know why he'd wait and give someone the chance to line up a precision air strike.

:lol: Utter apathy

Not really. It's just grindingly slow kicking the truth out of the shower of bastards who did the original trial, and a recognition that there's something dangerously awry in the Scottish "justice" system, and has been for a very long time. Check the blog (and the comments) of the guy who devised the original trial.

Personally (and I am an old Scotch git) I don't know a single person, from school pupils to my recently-deceased, near-centenarian, strait-laced presbyterian church-going neighbour, who, having familiarity with the case (and being equally Scotch), regards Megrahi's conviction as anything other than unsound, at best. Not a single sodding one. For years. Boll ocks to any specious BBC telephone polls to the contrary. Maybe it just shows the kind of company I keep. Many suspect something worse. The constant suppression of the demands for a proper investigation and retrial from the public, by those responsible for the original circus (who eventually rose to the top of the provincial legal establishment and are more or less unchallengeable) is somewhat indicative.

Maybes aye, Megrahi did have a hand in it. Maybes naw.

On current evidence it's impossible to tell, and the man's sentencing was a sham. Deliberately so.

So it's not that we're apathetic. It's just that the persons responsible for this stitch-up are completely unaccountable. And they ken it, don't they just. :angry:

Not really. It's just grindingly slow kicking the truth out of the shower of bastards who did the original trial, and a recognition that there's something dangerously awry in the Scottish "justice" system, and has been for a very long time. Check the blog (and the comments) of the guy who devised the original trial.

Personally (and I am an old Scotch git) I don't know a single person, from school pupils to my recently-deceased, near-centenarian, strait-laced presbyterian church-going neighbour, who, having familiarity with the case (and being equally Scotch), regards Megrahi's conviction as anything other than unsound, at best. Not a single sodding one. For years. Boll ocks to any specious BBC telephone polls to the contrary. Maybe it just shows the kind of company I keep. Many suspect something worse. The constant suppression of the demands for a proper investigation and retrial from the public, by those responsible for the original circus (who eventually rose to the top of the provincial legal establishment and are more or less unchallengeable) is somewhat indicative.

On current evidence it's impossible to tell, and the man's sentencing was a sham. Deliberately so.

So it's not that we're apathetic. It's just that the persons responsible for this stitch-up are completely unaccountable. And they ken it, don't they just. :angry:

Aye! - whit he said.

Guest anorthosite

Damn, its good to have you back...

Damn, its good to have you back...

I love you too, man. But the avvy/sig combo ... the crystals cannae haunle it, Cap'n!

All that Hoffly flesh ... must .. look. Away.

Yep. You're right. Things not too hectic round here at the moment. :lol:

BBC Story

"Scotland's most senior prosecutor has condemned a fresh move by the Lockerbie bomber to protest his innocence"

I see. So because we let the guy go, he should just forget about the fact he was most probably wrongly convicted of something he may not have done. There is one reason these senior lawmen don't want him protesting his innocence. It will show up this scam for what it is. They wouldn't be wanting that now, would they....