House Price Crash Forum

Free Speech Alive And Well In Uk

PopGun

My word, doesn't she fit the profile, not that one is allowed to stereotype people these days. A lifetime of camplaining ahead of her until it no longer suits.

Well, until she gets a very well paid position near the top of an environmental group/consultancy.

This kind of protest is very trendy, makes the environmentalists look like a bunch of jokers, and contributes nothing as far as I can see.

Animal Rights protestors prove my point. A lot of them are doing serious time because of their commitment to what they believe to be right. They have also been subject to a lot of security services attention not to mention proaganda and smearing. I disagree with their methods by the way but I can't fault their dedication. When I said the lines were imaginary I didn't explain myself very well. The lines are much farther away than these ladies are willing to go. This 'protest' is well within the such lines.

How do you feel about suicide bombers?

eight

I tried to view the Mr Clarksons reply on this library computor, and the library has block it as inaproprate material. Bye, Bye, freedom of speech

That'll be some sort of filter to stop users looking at tits.

Can I ask - do you think I was justifying animal rights techniques? I said I don't fault their commitment to the cause. Extending that to suicide bombers - well, they're the ultimate in commited fighters. That doesn't mean I like them.

No, I'm with you. Whatever you think about the cause, you can't really question their commitment to it. I couldn't do it myself as I always like be around to see the results of my handiwork.

That guy who took a muck spreader to his bank branch pitched things about right IMO.

eight

Staying on the right side of the law becomes a grey area once the police start behaving the way they did at the G20 protests. Once you've been kettled and effectively had your right to protest removed, not to mention freedom of movement, normal respect for the law takes a bit of a battering.

Good point, I remember Genoa quite well (G8?) Sickening.

Archived