House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

godless

Germans Cheer Brit Troops On Parade

Germans cheer Brit troops on parade

Hundreds of Germans have clapped and cheered British troops at a "homecoming" parade as the soldiers marched through their garrison town.

Some 500 soldiers from 20th Armoured Brigade - known as The Iron Fist - passed through Paderborn, in central Germany, in front of the local community, family and friends.

The 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards (QDG) led the parade past the rathaus - or town hall - displaying their standard, and marched round to the impressive 13th century Paderborn Cathedral.

They were followed closely by men from The Queen's Royal Hussars (QRH), 1st Battalion The Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment (1PWRR), 1st Battalion the Yorkshire Regiment (1 Yorks), and 5th Battalion The Rifles (5 Rifles). The Iron Fist's recent deployments include being the last British brigade in Iraq, where they served three tours, serving on Operation Herrick 9 in Afghanistan and serving in Kosovo.

Major John Baynham, second in command of 1st Battalion The Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment, whose regiment served recently in both Iraq and Afghanistan, said the German town's reception was "flattering". #

The 40-year-old, from Nuneaton, Warwickshire, said: "It's welcoming and a real sign of acceptance that the local community we live among is right behind you."

Trooper Adam Priddle, 21, from Bridgend, who serves with QDG, marched on the parade. He said: "It's a great thing for the soldiers, we really appreciate the support from the families and the local community."

Among the crowds was Sandra Racho, 26, one of 14,000 University of Paderborn students who share the city with some 5,000 soldiers. She said: "The soldiers are really welcome here. We're very used to seeing them here and we get on well with them. I don't see anything unusual about having British soldiers march through our town. They live here, this is their home, they are very welcome."

Karl Kaiser, 70, who lives in Paderborn, said: "I love the soldiers, they're good men. The parade was very emotional."

But retired sports and English teacher Fritz Buhr, 73, said although the soldiers were welcome, he opposes the conflict in Afghanistan. He said: "I experienced the Second World War as a child in Hamburg. My native town was bombed, I saw children and elderly people killed. I am against the war in Afghanistan. It's a war that cannot be won. I love British culture, literature and the people. But I can't support this war."

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/uk/...t_parade_troops

When the beastly Hun is applauding I am generally speaking suspicious.

But, apparently, the Berliners used to have a saying about the Brits post WWII,

"They came as conquerors and left as friends."

Maybe this sentiment is still there for the Brits that are still there.

Watched this on the news - did you hear the 85 year old old man shout to the troops, newly returned from the war in Iraq which is finished:

"Englanders, for you ze war is over"

Old habits die hard I guess

Its only us who still go on about the war in that child like 'we won, we won, ner ner' embarassing fashion.

The Germans are well over it and built themselves a far superior country with far superiror people in it too.

The Americans dont do this neither or Canadians

Take Saving private Ryan for instance, (the most recent and biggest ww2 film ever) that film didnt concentrate on victory in anyway, it was more about death.

From the brutal opening sequence, Ryan loseing 3 brothers, a death in the squad saving Ryan and culminating in Tom Hanks' death at the end.

You dont come away from that film with a sense of victory, more futility than anything.

And the film has only one English character the translator and they made him out to be a total w@nker too. The Americans in the film treated him as a w@nker and so did that German who they let go free.

It says a lot to me about our view of the war and other nations view of us in the war

Guest X-QUORK
And the film has only one English character the translator and they made him out to be a total w@nker too. The Americans in the film treated him as a w@nker and so did that German who they let go free.

It says a lot to me about our view of the war and other nations view of us in the war

I think you're mistaken there, he was also an American.

Watched this on the news - did you hear the 85 year old old man shout to the troops, newly returned from the war in Iraq which is finished:

"Englanders, for you ze war is over"

Old habits die hard I guess

Excellent! Sounds more like he was making a joke than trying to be offensive.

I think you're mistaken there, he was also an American.

Dont you think it is significant that he spoke with an English accent? (all others had very American accents)

What was Spielberg trying to do there?

Dont you think it is significant that he spoke with an English accent? (all others had very American accents)

Hes Faraday from Lost now. All American.......

"Its only us who still go on about the war in that child like 'we won, we won, ner ner' embarassing fashion."

Don't be such a self-hating cuboid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTk26zIQ_gk

hmm could'nt be @rsed clicking your video (i might) I dont hate me I hate the people of this country.

I'm far superior to you lot.

Lets face it corry and east enders, the SUN the Mirror, the star, and lets not forget the sheeple who mindlessly buy houses cos "houses only ever go up in value"

Lets move on to holiday makers,

airports full of mongs with football shirts on, heading to anywhere that has an 'irish bar' and next door does a full english breky..........................and sells yesterdays SUN.

You know the expression "brain drain", meaning clever people were f*cking off to a better country??/ which country were they leaving?

Oh and all those loverly people trying to come here, are they all doctors and scientists like our politicians claimed or are they all plss poor peasants who think a hut made out of cow shlt and pig spunk was a desireable property and thiveing EU criminals who sneak on to trucks and trains in the night? (cos thats what a valued doctor would do init!)

The British are Shlt retarded people.

What was Spielberg trying to do there?

Steven got Mel Gibson in to do the casting, and this was Oul' Bigotheart's candidate for the part of Hitler, wandering about on set. He had Hugh Laurie lined up for Mengele, and Julian Clary as Eichmann.

The translator character is introduce at about 07:30 in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDWH7iFrwuY...feature=related

He does not have an English accent.

GYFSD, which for anyone behind the curve on internet speak means,

"Get your facts straight, dummy."

Maybe in someone's case it should be,

"Dumkopft."

(P.s, I hope I've spelt the German wrong.)

hmm could'nt be @rsed clicking your video (i might) I dont hate me I hate the people of this country.

I'm far superior to you lot.

Lets face it corry and east enders, the SUN the Mirror, the star, and lets not forget the sheeple who mindlessly buy houses cos "houses only ever go up in value"

Lets move on to holiday makers,

airports full of mongs with football shirts on, heading to anywhere that has an 'irish bar' and next door does a full english breky..........................and sells yesterdays SUN.

You know the expression "brain drain", meaning clever people were f*cking off to a better country??/ which country were they leaving?

Oh and all those loverly people trying to come here, are they all doctors and scientists like our politicians claimed or are they all plss poor peasants who think a hut made out of cow shlt and pig spunk was a desireable property and thiveing EU criminals who sneak on to trucks and trains in the night? (cos thats what a valued doctor would do init!)

The British are Shlt retarded people.

Said with rare insight

Guest X-QUORK

No, it's not some hidden message, the American academic classes have a very slight accent, it's their posh speak if you like.

Why is Britain still occupying Germany?

We maintain our bases there (for armoured forces) because we haven't anywhere big enough to practice large scale armoured warfare in the UK. Sailsbury Plain just don't cut it.

I suppose an alternative would be to lease a big patch of Iraq and station all our tanks there ;)

Might even work out cheaper

We maintain our bases there (for armoured forces) because we haven't anywhere big enough to practice large scale armoured warfare in the UK. Sailsbury Plain just don't cut it.

I suppose an alternative would be to lease a big patch of Iraq and station all our tanks there ;)

Might even work out cheaper

You never been to Jockland ?!! You could have a full scale war up North and about 4 people would notice. Largest practice firing range somewhere up near Cape Wrath too. They just bomb small islands in off the coast :lol:

As for the Germans. I think they are brilliant. Funny people as well. They are quality.

I was in Paderborn two weeks ago visiting a mate who's with the QRH. He loves it out there, and is thinking of staying there with his family after he finishes in the army. He has nothing but praise for the German people - and the feeling seems to be mutual.

You never been to Jockland ?!! You could have a full scale war up North and about 4 people would notice. Largest practice firing range somewhere up near Cape Wrath too. They just bomb small islands in off the coast :lol:

As for the Germans. I think they are brilliant. Funny people as well. They are quality.

From what I recall Jockland is all mountains, bogs and forest. Armoured warfare is predominantly an 'open plain' affair.

So yes Jockland is good for moutain warfare but not tanks.

Isnt that where we were all going to retreat if the russkies invaded?