House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It Lives

Susan Boyle - Sublime Version Of Wild Horses

Guest AuntJess

On the cynical side, she seems to sound a whole lot better than her live performances. Mayhap a bit of vocal 'airbrushing'? :rolleyes:

Guest anorthosite
Really nice version. I just hope no-one gives her a post in the camel-toe thread :o

If I can find it, I won't hesitate to.

Guest anorthosite
No ringers now! Nothing but the real thang!

Now, come on, I think my reputation for quality perversion is well enough established here for such suggestions to be unthinkable!

Ive heard lots about this woman, but have never heard her sing. she looks odd, i have to be honest im sceptical.

plus thats a favourite song of mine, often murdered by bad covers.

i'll let you know what i thought in 4.58 mins.

Dont like it. the pianist sounds like they have only one hand. Listen to that on a good system, you can actually here the voice synthesisers. its a poor effort at best, allthough she does hold a good note, theres little passion in the actual sound.

this is a fuller, deeper cover. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIizkGJ_KuQ

But for heavens sakes. if you want to listen to that song. please.

Its simply stunning.

I really wish there were some kind of blanket ban on Xfactor ripping off classics. i was truly gutted when i saw that girl last year killing halleluia.

Guest theboltonfury

Say what you like about her singing. She's clearly unstable, certifiable and shouldn't be made to do this.

It'll end in tears.

Say what you like about her singing. She's clearly unstable, certifiable and shouldn't be made to do this.

It'll end in tears.

I imagine being a millionaire helps to soften the blow

Guest X-QUORK
I'm disappointed. I was expecting Crazy Horses and then I realised I'd misread the thread title. :(

Now I'd like to see her do that one.

Really brightened up my afternoon.

She's got a fabulous voice, but I am sick to death of the media hype, which prevents me from liking the woman. If she got up on the karaoke in my local, and belted out a number like that, I think I'd love her to bits!

Guest X-QUORK
Abso-bleedin-lutely. Watched the murder of Hallelujah with my very own ears and all I can say is "Oh the horror, the horror."

I even bought the Buckley version as part of a Facebook campaign to prevent the X-Factor tragedy getting to No.1. It was a close run thing, but we failed.

I even bought the Buckley version as part of a Facebook campaign to prevent the X-Factor tragedy getting to No.1. It was a close run thing, but we failed.

I think you just have to view covers as a homage to the original song, and not be too concerned about their quality.

I've no idea how many covers of Unchained Melody there are, mostly rubbish, but the song's so good it's never destroyed.

Very occasionally, the cover is better than the original - for me this version of Walk on By is the best cover ever made.

Guest X-QUORK
I thought Roxy Music's Jealous Guy was better than the original.

Yeah, I agree on that one.

Abso-bleedin-lutely. Watched the murder of Hallelujah with my very own ears and all I can say is "Oh the horror, the horror."

It can only be Rufus Wainwright for me.

It can only be Rufus Wainwright for me.

I'm not keen on that one. The original by Leonard Cohen was interesting and worth a listen.

Also someone mentioned covers that are occasionaly better than the originals. This cover of california dreamin by bobby womack is, i think, much much better than any other version.

and allthough im not into her music, you can not deny this version of "i'd rather go blind" by Beyonce. seriously good voice.