House Price Crash Forum

'celebrities' Want Brown To Give 3rd World Free Healthcare

Ruffneck

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...-turn-No10.html

They, and 16 other pregnant women, are calling on him to back free healthcare for women and children in poor countries.

The women brought with them a 'baby book' containing dozens of messages from expectant mums supporting the campaign.

Researchers found half a million pregnant women die each year because they cannot access medical care and people face abuses such as being imprisoned in clinics because they cannot pay doctors' fees.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...l#ixzz0RPCIoPOq

delusional , wheres the money going to come from?

these countries already cannot support the populations they have now , not mentioning the increases free healthcare will bring

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Chaps, you're being unnecessarily negative here. This could work if everyone in the country, celebrities included, agreed to live like (the poor) characters in a Charles Dickens novel. First off, I suggest the celebrities concerned start by showing us the way and give away all their money to this end. And if they disappear from public view and STFU as a side effect, well, I for one would respect their sacrifice and not intrude further.

HOLA445
World leaders will meet at the United Nations General Assembly on September 23, where they are expected to extend free health services in at least seven countries - Burundi, Ghana, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal and Sierra Leone.

At what point will we stop paying for free health services in these countries? At what age do we stop providing free healthcare to a child? Do we ensure they are born in adequate facilities and then send them home to a slum to die of malaria or typhoid? Such naive altruism is misguided. Trade, not aid, will improve the standard of living of all people in these poor countries. We should be reducing trade barriers and refusing to deal with corrupt governments that steal from their own people. That would be a far greater and more beneficial move than chucking some spare change at these countries. I don't expect the likes of Zoe Ball to grasp this concept though. For a start she wouldn't get her face in the paper.

HOLA446

NWO here we come.

Dont think for a minute this will be any different to communism. Instead of everyone being unequally rich, we (the international proletariat class) will be equally poor. Oh, yes, we'll have free healthcare, only it will be the free healthcare they get in the Congo, rather than the congolese getting our healthcare.

large_WoundedBoyCONGO_FIGHTING_Meye.JPG

Say goodbye to (decent) free healthcare here more like. Say hello to voodoo, witch doctors and fat women in garish dresses with bananas on their heads wailing at deafening levels to drown out the misery that will be cast over our wards.

The ONLY effect good healthcare would have, if it were possible, in these countries is that instead of having 1 billion starving and living in squalor with no hope, we'll have 5 billion starving and living in squalor with no hope.

I never thought such NWO evil would manifest itself in the shape of Zoe Ball, i guess i was wrong.

HOLA447
HOLA448
First off, I suggest the celebrities concerned start by showing us the way and give away all their money to this end.

+1

This should be the first response to this request. Lets see how many wish to support this noble idea then.

It's like when Bono is going around about 3rd debt, don't see him dipping into his wealth to help out.

HOLA449

These bubble-brained celebs, who are nicely placed thank you owing only to a freak in saturation media and the opportunity to earn hundreds of thousands for being famous for being famous, need to extract their heads from up their primary orifices and get real!

If they really feel the need to help the third world poor, sick and oppressed, well on yer bike and get out there and get stuck in!

Forsake the idle well paid life and constant pursuit by photographers with nothing better to do, pack your back and let's see how long they last!

Alternatively, they could always work gratis in an Oxfam shop which is about as much use in the real World........

:rolleyes:

HOLA4410
+1

This should be the first response to this request. Lets see how many wish to support this noble idea then.

It's like when Bono is going around about 3rd debt, don't see him dipping into his wealth to help out.

U2 have purposely moved their operation to Amsterdam, in order to take advantage of their tax relief towards recording artists http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/aug/09/artsnews.ireland

Vast swathes of Africa are not meant to be habitable, but people still live in these areas. Those who entirely rely on aid became expectant of it, and will not do anything for themselves. The only way to break the cycle is to give them the means of production, and teach them how to be self sufficient.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
I'm afraid that's impossible because if we (and everyone else) did that, then international trade would collapse.

For example the West has encouraged all kinds of economic, political and democratic reforms in Eastern Europe by offering the prospect of joining the European Union. Despite its many faults the EU has done a considerable amount to foster trade among its member states. Countries that do not meet the requirements of good governance are not able to join (although the rules are pretty flexible). I cannot see why this policy can't be applied to our dealings with many other countries. Economic pressure ended Apartheid in South Africa. Instead, the West often supports and funds terrible governments who seem determined to keep their people poor while the kleptocrats live it up in Paris, London and Geneva.

HOLA4416
Guest theboltonfury
Chaps, you're being unnecessarily negative here. This could work if everyone in the country, celebrities included, agreed to live like (the poor) characters in a Charles Dickens novel. First off, I suggest the celebrities concerned start by showing us the way and give away all their money to this end. And if they disappear from public view and STFU as a side effect, well, I for one would respect their sacrifice and not intrude further.

Sting and Chris Martin spring to mind.

If you're so bothered Chris why don't you give all your money to Rwanda and stop living in a 50 room house and flying around the world. Until you do that STFU...

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

actually, she is going to save the world.... her invention of a reusable napkin 'sleeve' will save all those Africans. - fkcuing idiot.

The answer is simple - their birth rate needs to come down or their death rate needs to rise. The latter is not seen as acceptable in these generally post genocidal days (though a bit of monkey sex a few years ago is working its way through over there)). So we stop them breeding - at a stroke, less pressure on healthcare and more money to improve things. If we keep interfering all we do is make it worse.

Without the dogooders, millions of these people would not have even been born into misery and died in agony - genuine question - would it be better that they had never existed ?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
For example the West has encouraged all kinds of economic, political and democratic reforms in Eastern Europe by offering the prospect of joining the European Union. Despite its many faults the EU has done a considerable amount to foster trade among its member states. Countries that do not meet the requirements of good governance are not able to join (although the rules are pretty flexible). I cannot see why this policy can't be applied to our dealings with many other countries. Economic pressure ended Apartheid in South Africa. Instead, the West often supports and funds terrible governments who seem determined to keep their people poor while the kleptocrats live it up in Paris, London and Geneva.

Countries that do not meet the requirements of good governance are not able to join

Does that mean we should leave as our government are total f*ckwits

Economic pressure ended Apartheid in South Africa

Yeah and now look at the place its a shlt hole.

I'll second the nuke option, its best all round for everyone.

HOLA4425
Guest AuntJess
Married to Gwyneth Paltrow I think. The great and good of the do-gooder movement.

As you say - let them give 10% of their wealth away annually and I might be tempted to copy them.

Yes. nothing like setting a good example. Sadly with this lot, it is, "don't do as I do - do as I say". <_< Gordon too is very free with OUR money. Wonder how much he personally gives. Bet it is less than I do.

I already give to 3rd world charities, but I can't afford much. My heart bleeds when I see those starving kiddies, but I think the ultimate answer may well lie in dishing out condoms and implementing family planning. Let's face it, a fence at the top of the cliff is better than an ambulance at the bottom. :(

Archived