House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wifeling-smi

Washington Dc Tea Party March

Just watch this: to the end: you may need tissues to wipe away tears of despair / laughter...

It get's particularly fantastic around 6 minutes... :blink:

Just watch this: to the end: you may need tissues to wipe away tears of despair / laughter...

How on earth can something like health care reform be held up by a bunch of people who are clearly and obviously so incredibly thick! I love the bloke who come out with "Well, I didn't really know all this was goin' on here today".....yeah mate, you usually go out for a walk in DC with your cross on your shoulder then! What a moron.

Actually, that was just a little bit painful to watch.

:o

I reckon just about every single white person remaining on the eastern half of the US must be there :lol:

Maybe next time all the blacks/hispanics can take advantage of this, seize all the white peoples homes and possessions and fulfill Obama's beloved reparation's plans!

http://www.pr-inside.com/a-presidet-barack...orce-r85048.htm

Its like the opposite of the obamanaugaration.

Guest anorthosite

I love the kid with the "Pelosi is a jezebel" sign scribled on a bit of cardboard. Does he even know what that means?!?

Guest skullingtonjoe

Hilarious! Seriously, though: were the people in the interview for real? Wasn`t the whole thing staged?! :blink:

Guest anorthosite
Ask Skinty.

But make sure you start running away first.

Is it an AI technical term then?

Guest Skinty

Jezebel. Jezzer ... Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.

I haven't gone by the name of Jezebel since, oh, before you were born.

Good grief.

Was it in the film makers brief to edit out any eloquent and informed answers or did he only pick what looked like easy targets?

At least they got of their fat arses and did something. Better than pontificating on some website methinks.

There are stupid people everywhere, rent a mob types and America suffer more than its fair share. But I can't help thinking these people are responding to a sense of unease the cause of which they can't quite put their fingers on.

They're kind of thrashing around trying to find something to back to voice their underlying concerns.

IMHO :P

Damo

Was it in the film makers brief to edit out any eloquent and informed answers or did he only pick what looked like easy targets?

At least they got of their fat arses and did something. Better than pontificating on some website methinks.

There are stupid people everywhere, rent a mob types and America suffer more than its fair share. But I can't help thinking these people are responding to a sense of unease the cause of which they can't quite put their fingers on.

They're kind of thrashing around trying to find something to back to voice their underlying concerns.

IMHO :P

Damo

I'm guessing that they probably didn't have too much trouble finding the idiots though. I mean, just how many of those there would have given eloquent and informed answers?

Think about it, that whole campaign is about fighting to retain a system that means that these peoples countrymen have to queue up at sports arenas for free medical care because they can't afford to pay, ultimately that many will DIE because they can't afford health insurance; a system that means that those actual people there will DIE or will have to spunk their life savings away on medical care, and still DIE if they get their insurance cancelled for some reason, which many will. These people even take in the obvious lies that their camp has spread about the NHS without even appearing to question what they're being told.

So, just how many intelligent people could there have been in that crowd given what they are campaigning for? Not too may I reckon. I mean, we've even seen footage of people in tears and whining that the US is somehow turning into "Communist Russia" through all of this! I'm amazed we haven't seen some uptight housewifey type come out with the "Won't somebody pleeeease think of the children" line.

It reminds me of the protests a few years back when gangs of uneducated Chavs went roaming round estates hunting down the "peedafiles" in their midst.

Bottom line, these people are gullable idiots who believe anything if it's spun to them as being something that undermines traditional American values, whatever they are.

That seems implausible to you? Its America.

The fact that you can get so many undereducated, thick chavs together in what is a wealthy country to support a system that actually allows their fellow citizens to DIE because they can't afford even a very basic level of health care, and which is a system which is way overpriced to begin with, is actually quite surprising to me. Even in America!

I'm really struggling to get my head round where these people are coming from, to be honest.

I'm really struggling to get my head round where these people are coming from, to be honest.

I don't share their beliefs in any way, but it's pretty easy to see where they're coming from: they don't trust that the Government will do any better than the private sector FOR ANYTHING including healthcare. Therefore, however bad healthcare is under their current system (and boy, is it bad!) they believe that it'll be far worse if the government controls it.

They also believe that putting it under more control of government will stifle innovation. My friend over there, who is quite moderate, didn't think that any innovation in healthcare (medicines, treatment etc.) came from outside the USA.

:rolleyes: