House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Austerity Baked Beans Being Tested In Germany - Less Beans, More Watery Sauce

Heinz Joseph from Germany said he was disappointed with the new product. "I was a student in London and bought them because they had the same name as me and I really grew to love them."

"I was delighted when they went on sale in Germany but then I realised they just don't taste the same. I think it's very unfair to German bean lovers."

full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...aked-beans.html

Ha! We commented on this this evening - you definetly get less beans and more sauce in Heinz beans nowadays.

I'm glad you said that, I thought it was just me. But over the last year or two I have definetely noticed this. I buy Heinz as they are nicer, or used to be, and you could just heat them up and dish them straight out. But I am having to pour away some of the juice first now, or else your plate becomes a swamp.

Perhaps it's time to move onto a new brand.

I'm glad you said that, I thought it was just me. But over the last year or two I have definetely noticed this. I buy Heinz as they are nicer, or used to be, and you could just heat them up and dish them straight out. But I am having to pour away some of the juice first now, or else your plate becomes a swamp.

Perhaps it's time to move onto a new brand.

Too right; I hate bean soup. Been on the Branston beans recently, and they have been so tightly packed you can scarcely get fork into the tin. Currently on special offer (buy multiples of 3 individual tins rather than multipacks) at the hated Tescos.

What do you think?

I am trying to stop thinking it isnt all its cracked up to be.

I find it fascinating the small things that irritate people.

Guest X-QUORK
I am trying to stop thinking it isnt all its cracked up to be.

I find it fascinating the small things that irritate people.

I don't lose sleep over it. However, seeing as this is a light-hearted discussion about Heinz Baked Beans, I thought I'd throw in my tuppence worth.

I don't lose sleep over it. However, seeing as this is a light-hearted discussion about Heinz Baked Beans, I thought I'd throw in my tuppence worth.

You spelt it wrong.

I hate eating my beans. I realised this the other day. I like the taste of beans, but the problem is, they are my Golden TEOTWAKI emergency fund. Whenever I eat a tin, I start worrying that if TSHTF before I go and get some more, that's one meal nearer disaster for me.

Guest X-QUORK
I hate eating my beans. I realised this the other day. I like the taste of beans, but the problem is, they are my Golden TEOTWAKI emergency fund. Whenever I eat a tin, I start worrying that if TSHTF before I go and get some more, that's one meal nearer disaster for me.

I'm not sure a tin of Beanz is going to help much as the nuclear rain washes away your remaining hair.

I'm not sure a tin of Beanz is going to help much as the nuclear rain washes away your remaining hair.

The tin might help keep the 'burning rain' off my blotchy, pustulated skin?

Guest X-QUORK
The tin might help keep the 'burning rain' off my blotchy, pustulated skin?

You could use the sharp edged lid to end your life having realised the hopeless futility of it all, everything, everyone you've ever loved having been destroyed. The last human alive, takes his life with a Heinz Beanz tin lid.

Too right; I hate bean soup. Been on the Branston beans recently, and they have been so tightly packed you can scarcely get fork into the tin. Currently on special offer (buy multiples of 3 individual tins rather than multipacks) at the hated Tescos.

Could a tiny man walk from one side of an opened tin to the other without getting his feet wet?

You could use the sharp edged lid to end your life having realised the hopeless futility of it all, everything, everyone you've ever loved having been destroyed. The last human alive, takes his life with a Heinz Beanz tin lid.

While clutching the Bratz doll that never returned his love....

would that make you deceazed ?

or a has-beanz ?

Suicizide.

Of course, if you and your brother were the only ones left, and you killed him with the lid because he'd eaten all the beans (geedy barztard that he iz), would it be fartrizide? Or is that a miz-zpelling too far?

Could a tiny man walk from one side of an opened tin to the other without getting his feet wet?

Try it and see?

It's not custard, you know (you do know about walking on custard dont you)?

So, which would be worse, drowning in beanz or custard?