House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bogbrush

Unemployment Heads Off To The Stratosphere

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8258405.stm

Disasterous numbers, with loads and loads more to come.

Insanely;

Government spending to stimulate the economy boosted employment in the public sector by 13,000 in the three months to June, the figures showed.

This contrasted with a 230,000 fall in private sector workers over the same period, the ONS said.

Best keep the printing presses running, because there's no tax revenue to pay for all this!

Many of us in the public sector have no problem with cuts as such. We just hope & pray that they'll fall on the hordes of useless non-workers* they've saddled us with in the last 10 years who contribute 0.1% of ******-all & who get in the way of those of us trying to do what the public pays us to do.

*Anyone whose job title includes the words facilitator, pathway, champion, outreach, diversity or awareness, in other words...

Many of us in the public sector have no problem with cuts as such. We just hope & pray that they'll fall on the hordes of useless non-workers* they've saddled us with in the last 10 years who contribute 0.1% of ******-all & who get in the way of those of us trying to do what the public pays us to do.

*Anyone whose job title includes the words facilitator, pathway, champion, outreach, diversity or awareness, in other words...

I have lived in the private sector all my life and don't know anybody in the public. Do they really have jobs which involve those words? Really, not just as a joke?

I have lived in the private sector all my life and don't know anybody in the public. Do they really have jobs which involve those words? Really, not just as a joke?

Yes, some more than one.

"Acting Head of Patient Experience, Inclusion and Diversity"

Tricky job, that requires support from a

"Inclusion and Diversity Facilitator"

Edited by OnlyMe

Well in the NHS for instance...

Five-a-Day Co-Ordinators exist

Dignity Champions exist

Care Pathways Facilitators exist

Outreach Librarians exist

Or, if you're into Diversity, you could apply for a post as a Lay Member of The NHS Equality and Diversity Council. Here's some of the advert. See if you can translate this meaningless meetingspeak into English & work out WTF these people actually do that might justify their (unspecified) salary or whether any NHS patient would be any iller if they all just evaporated...

Appointments Commission

NHS EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY COUNCIL (EDC)

The NHS Equality and Diversity Council (EDC) will champion an NHS where ‘everyone counts’ so that health outcomes improve. It will bring leadership to the equality and diversity agenda so our resources are used for the benefit of the whole community. Chaired by the Chief Executive of the NHS, and meeting up to 6 times a year, it will raise ambition by promoting best practice and leading improvement of the equality and diversity performance of the NHS for patients, communities and staff.

Lay Members

Initial 2 year appointment

Whether you are from inside or outside the NHS, you will bring national or international expertise to the Council, offering a wider perspective, innovative suggestions and the confidence to challenge the status quo. Whatever your background, you will be passionate about playing your part in transforming equality and diversity practice across healthcare. Drawing inspiration from the best, you’ll have the chance to make a real difference.

Me, I'm just a simple doctor trying to make sick people better, but that idea got buried under this avalanche of crud...

Edited by Shrink Proof

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8258405.stm

Disasterous numbers, with loads and loads more to come.

Insanely;

Best keep the printing presses running, because there's no tax revenue to pay for all this!

Boggy me old China, it's coming to the public sector, they're just finalising who's getting the bullet.

In the immortal words of CGNAO, 100% guaranteed.

Trust I. ;)

Boggy me old China, it's coming to the public sector, they're just finalising who's getting the bullet.

Fine. But the managerialist no marks who've infected the public sector like tapeworms will ensure that the front line staff who actually do something useful will get nailed before a single Ethnicity Awareness Street Theatre Co-Ordinator gets their P45.

and the confidence to challenge the status quo.
:blink:

If you challenge the status quo you will be promptly be ignored and removed from the group.

Total and utter crap, produced by mediocrity to attract more mediocre people.

Yes, some more than one.

"Acting Head of Patient Experience, Inclusion and Diversity"

Tricky job, that requires support from a

"Inclusion and Diversity Facilitator"

Inclusion and Diversity Facilitator :-

I nearly applied for that job but...

It only paid 35K pa for 35 hours a week!

It only had 28 days paid holiday a year!

It only took £3K a year off my mortgage through the key worker housing scheme!

AND THE PENSION........ was only 2/3rds final salary.

I mean how do they expect us to get the economy going on 35K pa.... I might strike!

Then you'd miss me, there are plenty of single pregnant mothers that need health advice on the benefits of giving up smoking! And you will all pay for that loss of skill in the long run!

You had better believe it - a good friend of mine in the UK Border Agency was promoted to a new post this year, entitled: "Senior Change Enablement Manager". It is all one big SCEM. But we do chuckle over the absurd ways they come up with to pay people 40-50k for non-jobs.

Fine. But the managerialist no marks who've infected the public sector like tapeworms will ensure that the front line staff who actually do something useful will get nailed before a single Ethnicity Awareness Street Theatre Co-Ordinator gets their P45.

It's a bit of a myth. Although some (?many) non-jobbers will survive, the majority of the cuts are through re-bollocksing departments and stripping out management. Low downers get redeployed in the main as they tend to have real skills, whereas there's nowhere to redeploy a nappy-recycling-poo awareness coordination manager to.

TFH

In the immortal words of CGNAO, 100% guaranteed.

Trust I. ;)

http://www.personneltoday.com/articles/200...ty-council.html

Derby City Council is to axe 465 (one in ten) jobs as a result of a cost-cutting review.

The local authority said it had carried out a wide-ranging review which supported plans to save £32m over three years.

The equivalent of 465 full-time positions will go over the next three years but the council said it hoped most of these will be natural wastage.

Leader of the Liberal Democrat-run council, Hilary Jones, said in a statement: "Our intention is that the reductions will be achieved through people leaving the council for other jobs and through retirements. There will also be recruitment controls put in place as vacant posts arise."

Union leaders were critical of the move. "We're surprised that the only alternative that has been put forward is the same old mantra of job losses," said Charlie Carruth of Unison.

Derby is the latest local authority to announce job cuts as a result of squeezed budgets

Edited by linuxgeek

Chaired by the Chief Executive of the NHS, and meeting up to 6 times a year, it will raise ambition by promoting best practice and leading improvement of the equality and diversity performance of the NHS for patients, communities and staff.

:blink: utter cobblers... if it wasn't costing so much money it would be funny

Edited by Bubble&Squeak

FFS, when I think of the people I work with who actually apply themselves every day to do real things with practical use that people are queuing up to pay for, and numpty "jobs" like this get paid for from their taxes.

I suppose it's even more annoying if you have to work with these appointees every day, if you're a Doctor or Nurse or the like.

I know it's not nice but it'll be hard to resist a sense of satisfaction when they get chopped.

an NHS where ‘everyone counts’ so that health outcomes improve.

In our collective dreams. If that twunt Brown hadn't bastardised our education system we wouldn't have to wonder whether the pissed up chavs staggering into A&E could count the number of toes they had left on their stinking peds. Sadly a labour butwipe (perhaps Andy butboy Burnham) now has to be hired to 'facilatate' such mathematical exercises. Burn the fekking lot of em.

Guest Steve Cook
Believe me there will be plenty of cuts to public sector and EVERYONE will feel the pain of those cuts.

Yes

The current consumption of the puiblic sector is the only reason that this crisis has not already caused a complete collapse of our economy, by the way folks.

Be careful what you wish for.

Not that a complete collapse is in any way avoidable, in the end, of course...

Edited by Steve Cook

:blink:

If you challenge the status quo you will be promptly be ignored and removed from the group.

Total and utter crap, produced by mediocrity to attract more mediocre people.

Usually I find your comments a bit flip, but that one has the weight of insight. From experience?