House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Ling Car's Now Leases Harley Davidsons

Looks like a bargain.........until it falls off the kickstand the week before you're due to hand it back.

Or more likely gets nicked, I would imagine the insurance requirements would be financially restrictive.

You want me back????

Some these Hoggers are damn cheap! From about UKP127/mth inc vat if i remember correctly.

exhaust.gifling-harley.gif

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Insurance for old gits like you lot here who argue about house prices will be VERY CHEAP. People do not damage Harleys by crashing into things, it is the things Harleys crash into that are damaged.

Don't read Japanese, don't write Japanese, don't ride Japanese. Motorcycle of Great Satan is far more acceptable than bloody Japanese blkes.

:)

wasnt Ling on dragons den, a rather confident outgoing lady from hong kong or singapore? did she get the investment? i dont remember her getting it

From China. Chengdu to be precise. I was offered the investment by Farleigh and Bannatyne. I refused. The BBC threw a fit and we went again (but with a better offer from the Dragons). I refused again. Hahaha!

Most people describe me far more vividly that "a rather confident outgoing lady". So, thanks :) loginandtonic

wasnt Ling on dragons den, a rather confident outgoing lady from hong kong or singapore? did she get the investment? i dont remember her getting it

She didn't, but didn't need it. Paid dividends in free TV publicity though

From China. Chengdu to be precise. I was offered the investment by Farleigh and Bannatyne. I refused. The BBC threw a fit and we went again (but with a better offer from the Dragons). I refused again. Hahaha!

Most people describe me far more vividly that "a rather confident outgoing lady". So, thanks :) loginandtonic

oh hello ! :) i didnt know you posted on hpc, did you change your username from something else?? never seen you here before here.

anyway i'm peter jones, lend me a tenner, here's my plan on how i'm going to pay it back: week 1, put 50p in a jar, week 2 reinvest part of the £10 by purchasing a Lotto Scratchcard.

She didn't, but didn't need it. Paid dividends in free TV publicity though

yeah i remember i went to look at the website, i must have seen it on dave + i wondered if she'd prospered without them, as i often do wonder when people get turned down.

(ps i'm not really peter jones, bit of a give away there as he'd never buy just one scratchcard.)

(ps i'm not really peter jones, bit of a give away there as he'd never buy just one scratchcard.)

He must be getting hard up doing TV commercials though.

I watched something the other night called Dragon's Den "On Tour" with a bus driving around. I doubt the Dragon's actually board this though to travel the county.

I've seen two of the dragon's for real, they turned up at the site, where I used to work as they had invested in a corporate events/dance company who had their HQ there.

In the post.

I didn't read the rest. :)

anyway well done you, really well done on the success, i'm sure the dragons if they were here on this hpc forum which of course they are not (i assume!) would say they are truly delighted for you, especially old theo pamphlet, perhaps they are already customers? :lol:

He must be getting hard up doing TV commercials though.

I watched something the other night called Dragon's Den "On Tour" with a bus driving around. I doubt the Dragon's actually board this though to travel the county.

I've seen two of the dragon's for real, they turned up at the site, where I used to work as they had invested in a corporate events/dance company who had their HQ there.

i was wondering why he was doing the cheesy ads, i think i commented here or another forum on it.

they go nowhere near that coach, that's just a prop they drove up and down Shepherds Bush Green for the fill in shots. They only hired it for an hour probably, inside all the seats are ripped out and torn, it having been used for an inner london school run

If you take all the filler shots out, the TV programme only runs 30 minutes.

That coach saved them about £250,000 of filming time!

Enough of the bullsh1t, who wants a Harley? I thought this thread was a free promo for me??? :)

Good luck to those who want a Harley, but I've never seen the attraction in them myself personally. I don't want a bike that sounds like a tractor and has the power of a harnessed child. Horses for courses I suppose.

Good luck to those who want a Harley, but I've never seen the attraction in them myself personally. I don't want a bike that sounds like a tractor and has the power of a harnessed child. Horses for courses I suppose.

Attraction to people who like Harley Fergusons is something to do with DNA. There must be some monkey in there somewhere.

Most also have ZZ Top beard, pigtail and those leather tassels.

Harley tried to copyright the noise (due to offset crankpin), and failed. Did you know that?

Having said all that, they are cool iconic bikes. The only Honda this cool in iconic terms is a C90.

c90.gif

You had some cracking deals on the Passat CC last week but it takes more than a few days to convince the wife. Sadly they're now gone :(

Yes prices go up and down like prostitute knickers. You should catch the worm while it is warm.

Next time, distract your wife with some shopping, and in the meantime apply for a car. Easy.

Guest Parry aka GOD

Good for you.

Any chance you could smuggle one out to Thailand, they're like $50k out here.

Having said all that, they are cool iconic bikes. The only Honda this cool in iconic terms is a C90.

c90.gif

Ling, Ling....

I have no doubt you are a very good business person, but you know feck all about motorcycles! What about the CB750, CBX1000, Goldwing, VFR750, Fireblade and not forgetting the fabulous Blackbird!

I've owned all bar the Goldwing, each and every one an iconic motorcycle.

Good luck with the Harleys though! :D

Guest Parry aka GOD
Ling, Ling....

I have no doubt you are a very good business person, but you know feck all about motorcycles! What about the CB750, CBX1000, Goldwing, VFR750, Fireblade and not forgetting the fabulous Blackbird!

Yep, Ling, do a super motard range. KTM, BMW, Ducati . . .

Here's a good site for bikes.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/

ling, maybe put yourself on quidco.com, offer a small discount there, get some more awareness build up.

Quidco insist on it coming through an affiliate network. That is not appropriate. So, I cannot do it.

Ling, Ling....

No.

I am sorry but iconic in the sense that these motorbikes have in some way changed the world.

Harleys were instrumental in WW1 and WW2, Honda C90 power (still do) the developing world.

The others are just flash bikes, very nice I am sure. Another contender from Honda is the Benly. Not a superbike like the ones you mention, but still more significant. It is not about flash or size or speed. It is about iconic.

A London taxi is iconic, as is my Routemaster. And so is an original Mini, and a Vespa. But a VFR750??? Would any ordinary person recognise what it is? No.

Quidco insist on it coming through an affiliate network. That is not appropriate. So, I cannot do it.

i have no idea what that is, but i dare say you've looked into it. hmm, i didnt know there was another middleman (the affiliate network i assume is another mm)