House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ollyish

Buying House In Uk With Cash From Overseas

Hi, a couple of years ago I inherited some money from my dad. He had left the money in a Swiss Bank, today I am interested in buying a home in the UK (I am British).

Does anyone have any experience in repatriating money from abroad back to the UK? Specifically, if the money went straight into buying a house, what would be the legal requirements for the UK gouv. ?

Thanks

I trasfered anything up to 50K between UK and another EU country back and forth. Nobody raised an eyebrow. Switzerland is not part of EU so double check. It seems that you should be OK providing you paid inheritance tax.

I trasfered anything up to 50K between UK and another EU country back and forth. Nobody raised an eyebrow. Switzerland is not part of EU so double check. It seems that you should be OK providing you paid inheritance tax.

Ditto.

My wife's foreign, we're always transferring money, sometimes many tens of thousands of pounds. Never had any problems. I do keep receipts of the transfers just in case anyone wants to know where it came from. I've got tax returns to show that I paid tax on it in the first place.

Hi, a couple of years ago I inherited some money from my dad. He had left the money in a Swiss Bank, today I am interested in buying a home in the UK (I am British).

Does anyone have any experience in repatriating money from abroad back to the UK? Specifically, if the money went straight into buying a house, what would be the legal requirements for the UK gouv. ?

Thanks

Hi, i work for a foreign exchange broker and have helped many people bring back money from foriegn accounts to the uk, is the swiss account in your name?

check out www.currencyexchange-advice.com to help find the best way to exchange your currency

regards

alex

Thanks

Hello!

That's lucky!

Good luck to you finding the perfect home to buy here.

There are no problems transferring money to the UK. I'm French and do it regularly. Switzerland is not part of the EU, but like the previous answer says, just keep a receipt of whe transaction and the possible tax involved.