Karl Denninger Predicts Monetary Collapse Within Two Years

Seydel

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Highly unlikely to happen, too much at stake.

Our political masters won't allow it.

It's not up to the politicians anymore... The damage has been done, the debt has been incurred, the contracts have been signed and we are just waiting for the bills to land on the mat. All the politicians are doing at the moment is making it worse by trying to fix the problem with more of the debt that caused it in the first place.

HOLA447
HOLA448
It's not up to the politicians anymore... The damage has been done, the debt has been incurred, the contracts have been signed and we are just waiting for the bills to land on the mat. All the politicians are doing at the moment is making it worse by trying to fix the problem with more of the debt that caused it in the first place.

You assume that collapse is what the markets want, again I would contend a lot of rich people wouldn't want to risk collapse. Being a high powered banker means sod all in a revolution, in fact it's likely to mean a noose around one's neck.

A systemic collapse I think is highly unlikely. I think a debt jubilee would be called before that point, the US could cite the bible and it would appeal to middle America.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
have to say all the stuff about debt to GDP that Steve Keen and Denninger are focusing on (KD more of late than before) is incredibly compelling.These figures on their own,dwarf most others in the argument.All these green shooters banging on about a quarter of postive growth should jsut look at the charts these guys put forward.

edit to add,KD is quite melodramatic though.

He seems to be going for the big one doesn't he? A Karl Denninger Spectacular.

What he omits is that the administration do know this and are doing it to satisfy an agenda. It's not just the outcome that he needs to look at but the reasons why they are taking this course.

HOLA4411
Have you listened to the musings of Tourette Guy on Youtube?

No, but I will make a note in my Internet to-do diary.

Watching Bloomberg TV this morning I nearly fell of my chair. Well, I coughed and spluttered a bit, anyway.

Francine Lacqua was interviewing some chap I had never heard of by the name of Jeremy Batstone-Carr, an analyst.

My ears shot-up when she said it was a pleasure to speak with someone who wasn't a raging bull. Those comments emboldened ol' Jeremy who then reached for the heavy artillery by stating that once the stimulus wanes things will go bad and, incredibly, dropping a hint that was a mile wide that in addition to the Fed secretly purchasing their own bonds they were also propping them up with their own hedge funds based in the Cayman Islands.

I somehow doubt he'll see the inside of their studio again.

HOLA4412
No, but I will make a note in my Internet to-do diary.

Watching Bloomberg TV this morning I nearly fell of my chair. Well, I coughed and spluttered a bit, anyway.

Francine Lacqua was interviewing some chap I had never heard of by the name of Jeremy Batstone-Carr, an analyst.

My ears shot-up when she said it was a pleasure to speak with someone who wasn't a raging bull. Those comments emboldened ol' Jeremy who then reached for the heavy artillery by stating that once the stimulus wanes things will go bad and, incredibly, dropping a hint that was a mile wide that in addition to the Fed secretly purchasing their own bonds they were also propping them up with their own hedge funds based in the Cayman Islands.

I somehow doubt he'll see the inside of their studio again.

Jeremy actually said that?

It would make sense - They used AIG out of London and not out of New York.

We may even be complicit.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
You assume that collapse is what the markets want, again I would contend a lot of rich people wouldn't want to risk collapse. Being a high powered banker means sod all in a revolution, in fact it's likely to mean a noose around one's neck.

A systemic collapse I think is highly unlikely. I think a debt jubilee would be called before that point, the US could cite the bible and it would appeal to middle America.

I don't think anybody is really in control of this thing, not the government, not rich people, not the banks... In 2001 they managed to defer the bursting of the 90s bubble with cheap money, but they couldn't make it go away. Now it's back with bells on and the cheap money tool is blunt. They're flooding the economy with cash and cheap credit but those numbers are still heading south, especially when you subtract the stimulus. It's like the government is an eager father pushing his kid along on his first bicycle, shouting, "Pedal son, you can do it! Look Mum, he's doing it!" but everyone knows it's a charade and the minute he stops pushing the kid's going to fall off.

HOLA4418
I don't think anybody is really in control of this thing, not the government, not rich people, not the banks... In 2001 they managed to defer the bursting of the 90s bubble with cheap money, but they couldn't make it go away. Now it's back with bells on and the cheap money tool is blunt. They're flooding the economy with cash and cheap credit but those numbers are still heading south, especially when you subtract the stimulus. It's like the government is an eager father pushing his kid along on his first bicycle, shouting, "Pedal son, you can do it! Look Mum, he's doing it!" but everyone knows it's a charade and the minute he stops pushing the kid's going to fall off.

I'm more in favour of a slow gradual correction, govts don't want collapse, the big banks don't want a collapse and traders don't want a collapse.

I highly doubt that the system will be allowed to become so unstable it will collapse over night. Sticking plasters will be applied on top of sticking plasters. If any rouge trader tried to screw us all for a fast buck I have a feeling they'd be taken hill walking or some other little accident will happen.

Too much is at stake. I still think the only option will ultimately be a debt jubilee, the amounts borrowed can never be paid back.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest UK Debt Slave
I'm more in favour of a slow gradual correction, govts don't want collapse, the big banks don't want a collapse and traders don't want a collapse.

I highly doubt that the system will be allowed to become so unstable it will collapse over night. Sticking plasters will be applied on top of sticking plasters. If any rouge trader tried to screw us all for a fast buck I have a feeling they'd be taken hill walking or some other little accident will happen.

Too much is at stake. I still think the only option will ultimately be a debt jubilee, the amounts borrowed can never be paid back.

They will never allow a debt jubillee without wiping half of humanity off the face of the earth first.

War is the most likely outcome if the global monetary system collapses.

Time for a lot of people to take a one way ticket to the great landowners abbatoir

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
In this video posted yesterday, Karl Denninger states that monetary collapse is inevitable.

Looking at the British debt liabilities and the likely burden of interest payments going forward I think sovereign default by the UK is inevitable.

Even if all other public borrowings were eliminated overnight the size of the banking liabilities incurred by the British government would seem to make it inevitable.

The question is not if its going to happen but when, and what are likely to be the consequences.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425