House Price Crash Forum
LuckyOne

The Top Five Reasons That I Love ......

1. He only charges me 3.5% for the use of an asset that would cost me 6.5% to rent from a bank.

2. He pays all of the costs for me changing my mind (4% land transfer tax plus 1.5% to 2% for EA fees).

3. He allows me to buy assets with a correlation greater than 1 to property prices if I am bullish and less than 1 if I am bearish.

4. He allows me to keep assets offshore as I am a non-dom.

5. He has to deal with floods, breakdowns etc

My dear 70 year old mum is in the process of STR despite having benefitted from massive HPI over the last 4 decades or so.

If she has seen the light, I wonder how long it will take for the rest of the world to catch on to the fact that renting is good and owning is bad.

Does anyone else have different reasons to love their landlod too?

renting is good and owning is bad

Slightly oversimplified perhaps, but your points are very valid.

Is this the first ever praise on HPC for a BTLer? :lol:

Slightly oversimplified perhaps, but your points are very valid.

Is this the first ever praise on HPC for a BTLer? :lol:

Slightly faint praise but I love the BTLers for facilitating a transfer of wealth from them to me in both rising and falling markets.

I agree that my analysis is very simple. Major themes ought to be able to be captured using quite simple analysis.

Complex analysis to justify a position simply means that the position is not sustainable in the long term.

Edited by LuckyOne

Our landlords are my wife's parents, so the love is kind of implied.

However, we're living in a lovely 100yr old 4 bedroom house with 4 reception rooms, open fireplaces, etc for £600 p/m.

The house needs lots of maintenance which could cost us thousands if we owned it.

The added sweetener is that if we decide to buy the house then the rent paid up to that point will be deducted from the price.

BARGAIN! :lol:

Our landlords are my wife's parents, so the love is kind of implied.

However, we're living in a lovely 100yr old 4 bedroom house with 4 reception rooms, open fireplaces, etc for £600 p/m.

The house needs lots of maintenance which could cost us thousands if we owned it.

The added sweetener is that if we decide to buy the house then the rent paid up to that point will be deducted from the price.

BARGAIN! :lol:

Ours is 130 years old, so FU!

I pay £203 a month mortgage....SVR...My council tax is £63 a month.I`ve great elderly neighbours....Live in a quiet road....ex council house...

My house is 60 years old....its got wooden beams...in the loft,holding the roof on...

The next big hike up is going to be council tax....

Never had a flood and never had a breakdown...I`m only slightly unstable..

Edited by tiggerthetiger

Me too.

With the caveat that market interest rates might change over time.

Most likely up. Basing capital value on discounted (for interest) future income will very much lower the value when rates go up. Even if they go up a little.

One secular trend that has 100% finished is falling rates.

Guest anorthosite

He's my brother.

i think you missed the point of my post :blink:

i missed the point of all of his posts, so frack him

My landlord wears a toupe...keeps us entertained, specially on windy days when hes mowing his lawn.

My landlord is good to; I'd grant him that.

I'd also grant him that a good landlord is like gold dust... in fact, rarer.

Are you one of my tenants? :rolleyes:

1. He only charges me 3.5% for the use of an asset that would cost me 6.5% to rent from a bank.

2. He pays all of the costs for me changing my mind (4% land transfer tax plus 1.5% to 2% for EA fees).

3. He allows me to buy assets with a correlation greater than 1 to property prices if I am bullish and less than 1 if I am bearish.

4. He allows me to keep assets offshore as I am a non-dom.

5. He has to deal with floods, breakdowns etc

My dear 70 year old mum is in the process of STR despite having benefitted from massive HPI over the last 4 decades or so.

If she has seen the light, I wonder how long it will take for the rest of the world to catch on to the fact that renting is good and owning is bad.

I actually like my landlord, and always offer him a beer or two if I ask him to come round.

He has never let me down and vice-versa.

Why does it always have to be a conflict.

I pay £203 a month mortgage....SVR...My council tax is £63 a month.I`ve great elderly neighbours....Live in a quiet road....ex council house...

My house is 60 years old....its got wooden beams...in the loft,holding the roof on...

The next big hike up is going to be council tax....

Never had a flood and never had a breakdown...I`m only slightly unstable..

hmm ... anybody else will get now mortgage for 6% ... yes you are lucky ... 95% of population are not and will never get SVR on mortgage ...

Edited by damian frach