House Price Crash Forum

How Many For Sale Signs !

Have you noticed the number of for sale signs recently ?

The local property paper (suppliment) is nearly as thick as main paper !

In Lincoln there are over 400 terrace houses stood empty and up for sale.

Me thinks the momentum to sell by dropping prices is about to accelerate ?

Anyone of similar opinion ?

Have you noticed the number of for sale signs recently ?

The local property paper (suppliment) is nearly as thick as main paper !

In Lincoln there are over 400 terrace houses stood empty and up for sale.

Me thinks the momentum to sell by dropping prices is about to accelerate ?

Anyone of similar opinion ?

Kirsty and Phil Spanker did a program 12 months or so about what a good bet Lincoln for BTL's, maybe the 400 empty houses were bought by the masses watching, wondering what their thinking now.

Guest boredwaiting

I have been watching the house prices in the city of Bath very closely for the last 3 years. The houses really are not moving, in the south of Bath on the outskirts out of 20+ houses I watch on my way to work or other places, only one has been sold (properly sold that is).

What really interests me at the moment is that houses are having sold signs put on them (not SSTC), then the signs are coming off. Could this be estate agents playing a game or people gazundering or just pulling out?

Asking prices in the range I am interested in are 10% lower that earlier this year.

Lets hope it keeps going this way, but lots of people like me have money in the bank, ready to buy so will the market really crash? Or will a surge of first time buyers catch it on the way down and prop it back up? :blink:

It's actually started to happen here in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Our property paper this week was the thickest I have seen it for years. Reductions are starting to happen, 10k off here and there. Noticed one house reduced from 485k to 445k.

There suddenly seems to be too much stock on and no buyers.!

In fact we STR'd in January and for the months since our family thought we were mad, today my father said I would sit tight in rented if I were you.!!!

Sentiment has changed all over the country now..

In St Helens It's thicker than the local paper (the property section that is) a new one i've seen this week AUTUMN SALE,autumn sale whats that about.Have theysaid to the seller were putting your house up a bit cheaper because where having a sale LOL i wish i was there to see that.

p.s maybe it's standard but i've never seen it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

yup, in Edinburgh too. The local monopoly solicitors website is at record volumes and a number of properties seem to be going ex-directory. Example - Cala showhouse on at 1.1m for best part of a year, last week on solicitors website reduced to 900k, making the other unsold properties in the development look expensive (smaller houses at 975k). On Thursday, the property disappeared from website - sold? No chance. I went up to visit today, for sale sign still up, sales office still keen to show me around (out of my league, but I can dream). I reckon someone in marketing at lat realised that if you drop the showcase property circe 20%, then the rest of the portfolio looks suspect.

I am also glad to report that as off Monday my ex-landlord who turfed me out my STR in July as he wanted to sell is now down a third month at 1450pcm with no bites on an absurdly overpriced house. hee, hee, hee

There have been a lot of properties coming on the market here in Harrow.  Most of them are still advertised at silly money.  With few sales, I am sure that will change.

Properties above 200k are not selling at all!

My next door neighbour has had his property up for sale for 6 months

originally at 225k but now down to 200k but still no viewers let alone offers.

I live in the Greater Birmingham area and I think this is typical of most of

the areas around here suchas Sandwell,Wolverhampton etc.

Just did a trawl of all my local EA websites, for 1 & 2 beds. 6 months ago there would have been very few that were not 'under offer' or 'sale agreed', but now there are dozens and dozens, and the price range is wildly different, from £200K to £400K (for a 2 bed flat!!!! Yeah rite)

There were one or two with 'sale agree' on, but these words were a link, clicking revealed this 'although this property is under offer, the contract is not yet signed, please call the office if you would like to view the property' What is all that about!!

Same here in Peterborough. Bigger houses up for sale with sometimes two agents are not moving. The one house that did sell was not SSTC, just sold. This week, I spotted 5 new 'for sale' signs in the estate I live on (modern but small flats and houses (I guess then 5% of the 100 to 150 dwellings in the area I'm talking about)

Similar story here (west sussex). Never seen so many For Sales signs, and nothing is selling.

One interesting thing that is happening in many cases is that when a property goes onto the market it goes staight on with a board that either says "sold", "sale agreed" or "under offer". Then in every case, within a week or two it has changed to "for sale". This can't be just offers falling through. Why would properties go staight onto the market and sell before even being advertised, then fall through, when property that's been on the market for months isn't even getting offers. Something fishy going on.

Maybe agents just don't have enough "For Sale" signs to cope with the current flood, and are just making do with whatever signs they have left :)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

In my part of LBH ( London ) the for sale signs are no longer noticeable, and local rags have fewer EAs adverts.

Feels like people are staying put waiting to see what happens. :(