House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sukuinage

Paranoia Rules The Nursery

Telegraph

Mobiles should be restricted to prevent adults using cameras to take pictures of toddlers, it was claimed.

Voice, a union representing 30,000 teachers and nursery staff across the UK, said a “no mobiles†rule was needed to assure parents that children were safe in early years care.

Tricia Pritchard, the union’s senior childcare officer, said: “We are concerned that mobile phones with integrated cameras enable anyone to take photographs without the knowledge of those being photographed. Many mobiles have sophisticated cameras and are small enough to hide in the palm of a hand, enabling users to take high quality photographs which can then be uploaded to the Internet or sent to other people in a matter of minutes.

“A 'no mobiles' rule would protect children, prevent accusations against staff and reassure parents. Even a photograph taken spontaneously without thinking for purely innocent reasons could fall into the wrong hands or arouse the suspicion of colleagues or parents.â€

The union – previously known as the Professional Association of Teachers – said one nursery had already moved lockers away from the nursery area to that staff can no longer hear their mobiles when they ring.

I was going to say something about the stupidity of these people but I think the above article says it all really.

I do childminding on a voluntary, casual basis and I can tell you its a nightmare to become a certified nursery attendant or childcare provider. So much regulation...and you're not trusted without X years experience or enhanced CRB, then there's the bosses of these places. Less hassle to have an informal arrangement with a parent that trusts you, and make a career of something else.

Telegraph

I was going to say something about the stupidity of these people but I think the above article says it all really.

I imagine that many teachers have children themselves. If there's an emergency then how are their children's teachers supposed to contact them? a CRB checked pigeon?

Most paedos are family members so let's stop this ridiculous hysteria.

I imagine that many teachers have children themselves. If there's an emergency then how are their children's teachers supposed to contact them? a CRB checked pigeon?

Most paedos are family members so let's stop this ridiculous hysteria.

Or *shock horror* raise your own damn children and try to do it right - might be more feasible if we didn't need two-income households here, or if there were more two-parent families.

Interesting article in the Times today, partly the chap talks about having to delete pictures or his 10 year old son playing for the school team in goal. The chap btw was the lead investigator on the Soham murder enquiry.

Interesting article in the Times today, partly the chap talks about having to delete pictures or his 10 year old son playing for the school team in goal. The chap btw was the lead investigator on the Soham murder enquiry.

Agreed, the article is well worth a scan (Soham police officer attacks Government’s new vetting scheme). Think it was his grandson, but the points are valid.

You can click on 'recommend' in the comments to register that you agree with the criticisms of the latest 'pay £75 to prove your innocent certificate (or get a £5k fine)' wheeze from NuLab.

I do childminding on a voluntary, casual basis and I can tell you its a nightmare to become a certified nursery attendant or childcare provider. So much regulation...and you're not trusted without X years experience or enhanced CRB, then there's the bosses of these places. Less hassle to have an informal arrangement with a parent that trusts you, and make a career of something else.

yeah well

i imagine it's 10 times harder if you were a bloke wanting to do it

yeah well

i imagine it's 10 times harder if you were a bloke wanting to do it

Yes indeed. There are very few male childminders and most of them would be in partnership with their wife as well. It's a pity really. I've thought of going into childminding as since I've become a father I've realised just what a joy children are and that I really like looking after them. The wife is a childminder at the moment and it's something that I may move into in the next couple of years. Maybe sooner if redundancy makes my decision for me.

Kids today are being treated like an endangered species.

Anyone who works with kids must be completely bonkers. Teachers, for example, are named in the papers and suspended on full pay, just because some disgusting llittle snot a@rsed little knut make some wild accusation against them. Why should the poor teacher have to go through that torment? What's happened to 'innocence until proved guilty'? It wreaks their career; none ever go back to the job.

We need to get the army into those crappy schools and beat the shite out of the little bustards.

Kids today are being treated like an endangered species.

Anyone who works with kids must be completely bonkers. Teachers, for example, are named in the papers and suspended on full pay, just because some disgusting llittle snot a@rsed little knut make some wild accusation against them. Why should the poor teacher have to go through that torment? What's happened to 'innocence until proved guilty'? It wreaks their career; none ever go back to the job.

We need to get the army into those crappy schools and beat the shite out of the little bustards.

Well argued and very constructive

No-one should be allowed to have children AT ALL, to completely eliminate the risk of those children being harmed by peedos.

Then, the problem will be solve once and for all.

It's the only way to be sure!

Just a thought: Who in their right mind thinks such a ban would stop someone who has the opportunity and the inclination from taking such pictures?

Ah, of course, the idiots running the country do.

Is all this a reaction to a recent case? Youngish woman nursery worker convicted of taking pervy pictures?

Vile though it is to think of, there'd be plenty of opportunity in a nursery with lots of under 2s - all that nappy-changing several times a day.

Agreed, the article is well worth a scan (Soham police officer attacks Government’s new vetting scheme). Think it was his grandson, but the points are valid.

What I don't understand is what do people think peadophiles will do with these pictures if they get hold of them? Is there really a sub-section of paedophiles that get off on pictures of boys playing football or kids appearing in a school nativity play? It sounds so far-fetched as to be beyond belief.