House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

Microsoft Expression

Would any of you clever computer types know if it is possible to have a web counter if using microsoft expression as your front page of a website?

Would any of you clever computer types know if it is possible to have a web counter if using microsoft expression as your front page of a website?

If you are building it using HTML then yes, there are plenty of free web counters out there that you just sign up for and cut and paste the code into your page.

Here is the first one I found in Google: http://freelogs.com/

Personally I find hit counters pointless, because knowing than 1147 people have ever visited your site is meaningless. That could be in 1 year or 1 day, and either way as a visitor I don't care!

But if you are interested for your own analysis, then don't use a counter, use Google Analytics (www.google.com/analytics) or StatCounter (http://www.statcounter.com/) both are free, but you have to install the code on every page you want to analyse.

For a quick and effort-free solution, just consult the web stats that come with your hosting provider.

Its not 1998 Patfig! Why not go ahead and put a duke nukem red light and an animated flag on there too :P

You need a twatter feed and a myface link and all that web 2.0 stuff.

Its not 1998 Patfig! Why not go ahead and put a duke nukem red light and an animated flag on there too :P

You need a twatter feed and a myface link and all that web 2.0 stuff.

You made me real hppy as I have no idea wtf you are talking about

get stat counter mate. It can be set to invisible to public, or visible.

it also tells you how many hits you got how long they stayed which page they went to and which words the keyed to get to you and where they are geographically

get stat counter mate. It can be set to invisible to public, or visible.

it also tells you how many hits you got how long they stayed which page they went to and which words the keyed to get to you and where they are geographically

Do they work with microsoft expression and do you have a linky?