House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

Telegraph: House Price Rise Is 'false Dawn' Warn Economists

Telegraph: House price rise is 'false dawn' warn economists

House prices are expected to fall at the start of next year, with recent gains described as a "false dawn" by a group of respected economists.

Read all here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economi...economists.html

i.e. Telling us what we knew already.... :rolleyes:

Edited by eric pebble

11 AM Monday morning, Eric awakes from his sweet dreams of a house price apocalypse, has a wee, puts on the kettle and butters a hot croissant before posting the latest housing bubble story that the Telegraph electronically wired into his brain whilst he slept.

11 AM Monday morning, Eric awakes from his sweet dreams of a house price apocalypse, has a wee, puts on the kettle and butters a hot croissant before posting the latest housing bubble story that the Telegraph electronically wired into his brain whilst he slept.

:unsure::blink::(

Indeed. Please don't repost in future

Hey "Charlotte" - You're a "Male"??!?? :unsure:

Weird; you're a Veteran HPC Member - and I have never noticed you until now? :P

With posts which all seem to be along the lines of "How do you know the sky is blue, it could be red" - I am not surprised really. :P

Or posts like this one.... :P:rolleyes:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...p;#entry2138793

Huge increase in mortgage fraud, report police

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/au...-fraud-increase

Tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg.... A lot LOT LOT more of this to come.

Eric i watched that Mortgage Madness doc again yesterday, it still blows my mind that this was exposed - they said they were looking into it - and then when the heat died down a bit carried on..... It was utterly sanctioned from the top down. It's all in that 30 minutes isn't it, the whole f-ing mess is enabled by self cert, every broker must have been advising it to every FTBer and many others from 2003 (or earlier) right up to the credit crunch. The whole bubble only made possible by these liar loans.

And what a pathetic nation we are where we can't even stop these scamming top bank execs from taking their bonuses "oh please don't take all that pension and bonus Mr Goodwin." Fvck me he must have sanctioned the whole thing! Not the little guys doing the advising but sure enough they'll be the ones if anyone to get busted for it. Makes me sick.

Do you know anywhere there is a better copy of it for download as that vid is a bit cracked up later on, i'd like to burn it to DVD and show a few people.

End result will be same for me. Once investment house has made 100k profit I'm out of it.

A lot of use that will be if it only buys a loaf of bread, Sibbers.

And thanks but no thanks for the rental offer.

Eric i watched that Mortgage Madness doc again yesterday, it still blows my mind that this was exposed - they said they were looking into it - and then when the heat died down a bit carried on..... It was utterly sanctioned from the top down. It's all in that 30 minutes isn't it, the whole f-ing mess is enabled by self cert, every broker must have been advising it to every FTBer and many others from 2003 (or earlier) right up to the credit crunch. The whole bubble only made possible by these liar loans.

And what a pathetic nation we are where we can't even stop these scamming top bank execs from taking their bonuses "oh please don't take all that pension and bonus Mr Goodwin." Fvck me he must have sanctioned the whole thing! Not the little guys doing the advising but sure enough they'll be the ones if anyone to get busted for it. Makes me sick.

Do you know anywhere there is a better copy of it for download as that vid is a bit cracked up later on, i'd like to burn it to DVD and show a few people.

I agree, it's a shame the video isn't better quality. Still, at least the contributor had the foresight to video it for prosperity. When I saw the original broadcast I thought it would all be over come 2004/2005. Who could've known not a single authoritative body would be interested in what it exposed?!

If it wasn't for this video... which, from what I can tell, has never been repeated... Brown's lies and deception might actually have convinced a few more people over the years.

Here's a BBC press release for the episode:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele..._mortgage.shtml

Does anyone fancy delving into the archives to see if ANY newspaper actually carried the story (beyond the TV guide for that particular week)?

It would seem the expose even won the Television Programme of the Year Award at the Harold Wincott Press and Broadcasting Awards in 2003:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3787311.stm

Not that anyone actually gave a shit what with all that lovely, infinite, money sloshing around.

Hey "Charlotte" - You're a "Male"??!?? :unsure:

Weird; you're a Veteran HPC Member - and I have never noticed you until now? :P

With posts which all seem to be along the lines of "How do you know the sky is blue, it could be red" - I am not surprised really. :P

Or posts like this one.... :P:rolleyes:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...p;#entry2138793

Its `Noel` in drag.

He doesn't like charlatans .. get it?

....../

athom - I agree SOOOOOO much with you.

I WISH, WISH, WISH I could get a full proper & faultless copy of that documentary video; sadly I don't know how. Anyone out there who can help -- it would be AMAZING if we could make a full dvd of this - and send it to every MP, Editor, etc., etc., - and MAKE them reply.

athom - I agree SOOOOOO much with you.

I WISH, WISH, WISH I could get a full proper & faultless copy of that documentary video; sadly I don't know how. Anyone out there who can help -- it would be AMAZING if we could make a full dvd of this - and send it to every MP, Editor, etc., etc., - and MAKE them reply.

Would the BBC be able to oblige? I can't see this making its way on to DVD but what with that newfangled iPlayer thing surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for...

Assuming, of course, the thing still exists.

Who was the presenter in the show? Does he have an email address? I bet he's got a copy of it.

And I bet he's livid no one paid the blind bit of notice.

Since we, the licence fee payers, paid for it are we entitled to a freely available copy if we request it directly from the BBC? It would be interesting to know.

I've just emailed the Money Program http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3792089.stm

if i don't hear anything i'll give them a call.

Hi athom -- The guy who basically made that programme was sacked/retired early as far as I know..... Shades of Nieu Labia here? I tried telephoning The Money Programme c.2 yrs ago - was given the brush off by a 20 something "editor" who said - "I bought a 3 bed flat last week - and property only goes up"....

BBC: Beealzibub Broadcasting Coven.....

I wouldn't be surprised to see housing market going up or down a % for a while.

End result will be same for me. Once investment house has made 100k profit I'm out of it.

One of you lot can pay the mortgage.

Sibbers, pray do tell us how this investment house will achieve this feat of making £100k.

Is it particularly entrepreneurial? Does it set up new businesses or perhaps work very industriously for a good wage?

Edited by mikelivingstone

Hi athom -- The guy who basically made that programme was sacked/retired early as far as I know..... Shades of Nieu Labia here? I tried telephoning The Money Programme c.2 yrs ago - was given the brush off by a 20 something "editor" who said -

BBC: Beealzibub Broadcasting Coven.....

Yes, i sometimes feel like i'm in a zombie film, you know, old school low budget thing where there is a line the people all say which lets you know they have been zombiefied too :o

woxl.jpg

tdvf.jpg

Yes, i sometimes feel like i'm in a zombie film, you know, old school low budget thing where there is a line the people all say which lets you know they have been zombiefied too :o

]

Very good.

I've just emailed the Money Program <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3792089.stm" target="_blank">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3792089.stm</a>

if i don't hear anything i'll give them a call.

5th October 2009:

Guys - it's almost SIX years ago this amazing documentary was first broadcast: [All details below in my signature - and read this thread from the start.]

Does ANYONE out there have any idea how we can get a clean, fully kosher copy of that programme [Called "Mortgage Madness" from The BBC Money Programme], and

1 - Get it posted up on the internet;

2 - Get it RE-BROADCASTED: It was the Writing on the Wall: It foretold EVERYTHING that has happened....

-----------------------------------------------

HEY !!! IT'S BEEN SCRUBBED FROM GOOGLE VIDEOS!!!! ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS? WHY????????? INCREDIBLE!!!! Niue Labia have SCRUBBED IT!!!!!!

--------------------------------------

OK Guys -- These are the things to read:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3222053.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3478635.stm

----------------

Those BASTARDS have scrubbed the 3rd article in my signature - and someone has removed the video from Google Videos -- BASTARDS...... :angry: :angry: